Author Topic: Is my gunshow Smith "unfired?"  (Read 468 times)

Offline HappyHunter

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
Is my gunshow Smith "unfired?"
« on: January 20, 2004, 01:21:53 AM »
Bought two gun show Smith and Wessons last Saturday.  I was told "New in Box"  I notice that the cylinder has burn marks on every other cylinder on each gun.   Is this test firing at factory?  

Anyway the gun show bounty is:

#1    Smith model 15, Combat masterpiece 1966  "NIB"  4 inch, target hammer,  great fit/finish, with box and all papers.

#2     Smith model 14-5,  masterpiece K-38, early 1990's,  8-5/8 (approx.) barrel, target hammer, target trigger....Get this, the frame is blued and the barrel and cylinder are nickle.   The box label is marked "non-standard" under features.

As for the model 15, I bought as a dresser drawer gun, it will see a few hundred rounds and be put away and cleaned every 6 months.

Now the 14...I am wondering if this is a safe queen best not fired?   I believe I got a good price as I purchased it from a fellow gun show attendee, not a dealer (don't tell the democrats!).  The gun was purchased for bullseye target shooting, and will presumably only see wadcutter loads.  This is why the original question on "unfired."

Also I am looking for loads for each gun...The 14 in 148 DEWC lead,  and the 15 in 158 gr JHC.

Thanks for any help.

Fred
Ineedannudernewgun.
NRA Lifetime Member.