Author Topic: The search continues....  (Read 975 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
The search continues....
« on: January 29, 2012, 09:53:45 AM »
Well I have been looking and have had a couple dealers looking now for over a month... NO LUCK.

Today I hit a couple local dealers including Cabelas. I found a bunch of Handis, none in 35 Remington. (Not surprised) I almost dropped the hammer on a 35 Whelen but the 1.5-2HR affair purchasing a firearm at Cabelas stopped that idea.....
I did find a very nice 22/250 at another dealer for a very attractive cost. I am considering going against my own reservations and sending in for a replacement barrel... I would go 357 mag but its a SB1 and I also need a receiver..... That one will not work for what I want... I want to rechamber to 356 Winchester.

If anyone comes across a complete 35 Rem rifle at there local dealer, I would be most appreciative if you grabbed there card and PM me the info! (Even if you have a 35 Rem barrel for sale, PM me!!)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
Re: The search continues....
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:27:23 AM »
cw, early season some guys aroun here went to mississippi to purchase a couple of 35's
and a few whelen's.....embalmer88 reported of them available along tha coast around
pascagoula area.  i contacted them about a few for folks here and they said they had several available between locations.

you might want to contact embalmer88.. he isa great fella, we have had deal'ns before
and hope to again. ;)

i hope you have good luck !!!
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 10:58:24 AM »
cw, early season some guys aroun here went to mississippi to purchase a couple of 35's
and a few whelen's.....embalmer88 reported of them available along tha coast around
pascagoula area.  i contacted them about a few for folks here and they said they had several available between locations.

you might want to contact embalmer88.. he isa great fella, we have had deal'ns before
and hope to again. ;)

That would be embalmer883, here's his original thread with the dealer info which I think I already shared with CW.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,216143.msg1099178907.html#msg1099178907
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »
hey tim, fer my age... i thank i membered purdy dang gud did'nt i !!
thank ya......... ;D
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline mo_bio

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 11:31:35 AM »
Saw one Friday at a gun shop in Arcadia, MO.  They had 20 or so handi and I am 90% sure one was 35 remington.  Warning, they are proud of them.  The only reason it is still there and not my house.
Arcadia Sporting Goods Highway 21 Arcadia, MO 63621
Get directions ‎  (573) 546-7616 ‎ 
  ‎
Handis: .17 mach2 (x2), .22 lr, 22 hornet, .22 jet, .223, .243, .270, .280, .357 max (x2), 35 remington, 35 whelen, 45-70, 445sm, 30-30, 410, 500 S&W, 50 AK

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if
necessary."-- Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »
hey tim, fer my age... i thank i membered purdy dang gud did'nt i !!
thank ya......... ;D

Yupper, for an old guy!!!!  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 12:18:53 PM »
Don't know anything about the business personally, but states they have one in stock!  ;)  Sending in a PM

***edit *** sorry was a whelen after closer read.  8(
Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 12:30:37 PM »

and hope to again. ;)

That would be embalmer883, here's his original thread with the dealer info which I think I already shared with CW.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,216143.msg1099178907.html#msg1099178907
I had one dealer contact them... no dice....

Maybe I should call myself...

Saw one Friday at a gun shop in Arcadia, MO.  They had 20 or so handi and I am 90% sure one was 35 remington.  Warning, they are proud of them.  The only reason it is still there and not my house.
Get directions[/url] ‎  (573) 546-7616  ‎
Thanks!!
I know what you mean, one shot I was in today had a 410, nice older one, but clean... $299!!! I told the counter guy that the price was higher then new, he shrugged and said "buy new"...  :o

CW

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline manatee1947

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »
I was @ the one in Arcadia a few weeks ago also, they had 2, synthetic stocks, all realtree camo, rails, and were asking 329$ it think.
I thought it was pretty steep also.
remember the starfish

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »
I was @ the one in Arcadia a few weeks ago also, they had 2, synthetic stocks, all realtree camo, rails, and were asking 329$ it think.

That is steep, but can you provide contact info?

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (82)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 02:35:30 PM »

That is steep, but can you provide contact info?

CW
I think mo_bio already did. ;)
Get directions ‎  (573) 546-7616 ‎    ‎

Offline mo_bio

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 03:24:47 AM »
Hey CW,
Curious if you ever got ahold of arcadia sports about the 35 rem.  Heading back up next week and may stop in there.

Handis: .17 mach2 (x2), .22 lr, 22 hornet, .22 jet, .223, .243, .270, .280, .357 max (x2), 35 remington, 35 whelen, 45-70, 445sm, 30-30, 410, 500 S&W, 50 AK

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if
necessary."-- Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 06:24:47 AM »
Yes I did call a couple times got disconnected once and dropped the call a second time.

I left the number with my dealer as well.

BUT I have a update!  Yesterday I secured a 35 Rem the the efforts of a couple kind hearted members here!!! I should have it in my hands by the end of next week!

Thank you everyone for all efforts on my behalf. It is very much appreciated!!!

CW

NRA LIFE Member