Author Topic: Bishop McFadden's Message On Recent Health Care Law  (Read 1329 times)

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
Bishop McFadden's Message On Recent Health Care Law
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:19:31 AM »
Bishop McFadden's Message On Recent Health Care LawPOSTED: 6:29 pm EST January 27, 2012
UPDA TED: 12:17 am EST January 28, 2012 Email Print2 comments Bishop McFadden has asked that the following message be read in its entirety at all weekend Masses throughout the Diocese of Harrisburg at parishes and institutions:
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ:
I write to you concerning an alarming and serious matter that poses the greatest threat to religious liberty in our lifetimes. It negatively impacts the Catholic Church in the United States and strikes at the fundamental right to religious liberty for all citizens of any faith. Our federal government, which claims to be “of, by, and for the people,” has dealt a heavy blow to almost a quarter of those people – the Catholic population – and to the millions more who are served by the Catholic faithful.
On January 20, just days before the thirty-ninth anniversary of the Roe V Wade decision, the Secretary of the US Department of Health and Human Services announced that almost all employers, including Catholic employers, will be forced to offer their employees’ health coverage that includes sterilization, abortion-inducing drugs, and contraception. Almost all health insurers will be forced to include those “services” in their health policies. And almost all individuals will be forced to buy that coverage as part of their policies. This governmental action is a direct violation of the protections of the First Amendment and the protections given to the Church to engage freely in her mission.Catholics Issue Statement Against Health Care Act
Efforts by the bishops to secure conscience exemptions were disregarded. As a result, unless the rule is overturned, we Catholics will be compelled to either violate our consciences, or to drop health coverage for our employees (and suffer the penalties for doing so). The Administration’s sole concession was to give our institutions one year to comply. We cannot – we will not – comply with this unjust law.
Our opposition to this mandate is not a matter of opposing increased access to healthcare for the poor and needy, for which the Bishops are working. This is an edict directing every citizen to pay for these morally abhorrent services with their tax dollars while ordering the Church, through her institutions, to distribute contraceptives and provided sterilization. It is an unprecedented mandate to violate conscience.
As Americans and people of faith, we cherish our religious liberty and freedom of conscience preserved and protected by the Bill of Rights. As Pennsylvanians, we are conscious of our long history of safeguarding the rights of believers, whether the Amish, Quakers, Jews, and Catholics, just to name some.
Therefore, I am asking that you prayerfully and respectfully make known your objection to this intolerable ruling and insist that your rights of conscience as a Catholic citizen be restore. As a community of faith, we must commit ourselves to prayer and fasting that wisdom and justice may prevail, and religious liberty restored. Please visit www.usccb.org/conscience to learn more about this assault on religious liberty, and how to contact Congress in support of legislation that would reverse the Administration’s decision.
May God bless you for your faith, courage, and resolve.
Sincerely Yours in the Lord,
Most Reverend Joseph P. McFadden
 Bishop of Harrisburg
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Bishop McFadden's Message On Recent Health Care Law
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 12:59:49 AM »
don't know this Mcfadden fellow, but don't doubt what he says.
this prez will go to any lengths to destroy Christian religion and this country.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 01:05:58 AM »
  What Bugeye said; Ditto !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Stillkickin

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:01:23 AM »
By way of comparison, can you imagine the current administration mandating, by law, that Muslim mosque administrators MUST pay for pork for their employees?   Take this also in context of the hundreds, if not thousands, of waivers to the health care plan that have been granted for organizations known to have made monetary contributions to the obama campaign.
And, on top of that, there has been a recent court ruling that Sharia Law MUST be taken into account during court proceedings involving Muslim litigants.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 05:08:54 AM »
Yup, Obama hates the Jewish and Christian faiths, and will prostitute to his buddies by giving Obamacare waivers to his union buddies and conveniently excluding his Muslim brethren from the Obamacare law.

ST762

We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 05:27:04 AM »
What Bugeye said. This is an affront to ALL Christians. Tax $s should not be used to murder babies. Locally a hospitol merger fell through because the one hospitol would have been forced to murder babies, which they refused to do. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 05:50:13 AM »
Pregnancy is not a disease, or any injury and thus should not be any part of a health care plan.  Everyone knows what causes it and how to avoid it, so if they choose to not avoid the condition, then they should also choose to pay for it themselves.  The rest of us should not have to share in the cost unless we shared in the cause.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »
By way of comparison, can you imagine the current administration mandating, by law, that Muslim mosque administrators MUST pay for pork for their employees?   Take this also in context of the hundreds, if not thousands, of waivers to the health care plan that have been granted for organizations known to have made monetary contributions to the obama campaign.
And, on top of that, there has been a recent court ruling that Sharia Law MUST be taken into account during court proceedings involving Muslim litigants.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Still;
  If I recall correctly the Muslims are one of the privileged few who were granted a waiver , and do not have to participate in Obamacare-less !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 06:26:10 PM »
Pregnancy is not a disease, or any injury and thus should not be any part of a health care plan.  Everyone knows what causes it and how to avoid it, so if they choose to not avoid the condition, then they should also choose to pay for it themselves.  The rest of us should not have to share in the cost unless we shared in the cause.
I get that, but look at most HC plans,,,,usually they have single and then family enrollee, no spouse with mate....what about just husband and spouse paying same as family, and families are big users of HC..Obviously, they're trying to promote birth rates higher, and spread costs and profits.
IG __need to se that moslem exemption,,,got a link?

..TM7
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

TM;
  Just one link of many...  I find it interesting that Obama's "flagship legislation" allows Muslims to opt out because they "don't believe in insurance"...   But Catholics and real Christians who don't believe in abortion..are not allowed to opt out.
   http://aipnews.com/talk/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13151&posts=1

Does that confirm certain suspicions concerning Barack Hussein Obama ?

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 07:35:03 PM »
As usual the exclusion is a little more complicated than what the propagandist crowd proclaims.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/exemptions.asp
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 10:26:34 PM »
I get that, but look at most HC plans,,,,usually they have single and then family enrollee, no spouse with mate....what about just husband and spouse paying same as family, and families are big users of HC..Obviously, they're trying to promote birth rates higher, and spread costs and profits.
IG __need to se that moslem exemption,,,got a link?

..TM7
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

TM;
  Just one link of many...  I find it interesting that Obama's "flagship legislation" allows Muslims to opt out because they "don't believe in insurance"...  But Catholics and real Christians who don't believe in abortion..are not allowed to opt out.
   http://aipnews.com/talk/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13151&posts=1

Does that confirm certain suspicions concerning Barack Hussein Obama ?
What do you mean by the statement - BUT CATHOLICS AND REAL CHRISTIANS?
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 11:22:03 PM »
I'm gonna hate paying higher insurance cost for something I won't need or use.  Employers will have to pass the rising cost of these treatments on to their employees.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 10:39:54 AM »
As usual the exclusion is a little more complicated than what the propagandist crowd proclaims.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Wow Crusty;
  You must be one of the few left who still tyrusts Snopes..and don't even see their leftist wobble !  After their load of crap and spin and BS explanation..it still boils down to Barry giving his brethtren a special break ! Didn't you even see that.
  Read the article again...Barrry honors something called "dhimmitude" (of sharia law), but refuses to honor the Catholic's convictions....OR the first article of the Bill of Rights .
  Just as a reminder..in case you forgot, here is Article #1:

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." ~ The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Pretty clear where the Obamanation went wrong...isn't it !

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Wow Crusty;
  You must be one of the few left who still tyrusts Snopes..and don't even see their leftist wobble !  After their load of crap and spin and BS explanation..it still boils down to Barry giving his brethtren a special break ! Didn't you even see that.
  Read the article again...Barrry honors something called "dhimmitude" (of sharia law), but refuses to honor the Catholic's convictions....OR the first article of the Bill of Rights .
  Just as a reminder..in case you forgot, here is Article #1:

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." ~ The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Pretty clear where the Obamanation went wrong...isn't it !
You never answered what you meant by your statement-" Catholics and real Christians..........."
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline powderman

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 02:17:18 PM »
Kimber. To me, real Christians mean just that, folks who believe Gods word is as true today as when it was written, not out dated like the fake Christians think. Thats just me, I don't pretend to answer for IG. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 02:28:16 PM »
So according to the Bible it's ok to kill your kid for back talking you.  Where do you stand on that?  Can we apply common sense or not?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 02:30:04 PM »
Kimber. To me, real Christians mean just that, folks who believe Gods word is as true today as when it was written, not out dated like the fake Christians think. Thats just me, I don't pretend to answer for IG. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
In which group do you put Catholicism?
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 02:47:21 PM »
Quote:
"Wow Crusty;
  You must be one of the few left who still tyrusts Snopes..and don't even see their leftist wobble !"

Really?

Oh mighty pontificator, thou should removeth thy earplugs whenst thou preacheth!
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,246660.msg1099427715.html#msg1099427715
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,226250.msg1099249927.html#msg1099249927
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,232166.msg1099298258.html#msg1099298258
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,229118.msg1099272781.html#msg1099272781

Just joshing, it's OK to use them when it fits your purpose! :) ;) :D ;D 8) :P :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Rock on!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 02:48:44 PM »
Catholicism is a religion.  Many of the things they teach and believe aren't Biblical.  That pretty much makes them just like the Protestants.

Personally I reject all religion in favor of Bible based Christanity. ;)

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 04:10:20 PM »
We are not going to debate the merits or correctness of various religions.  That section was removed for a reason.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »
We are not going to debate the merits or correctness of various religions.  That section was removed for a reason.
Ok. In the future can you delete such insults as Catholics and real Christians...........". This is a cheap shot and should not be allowed if it can't be defended by those insulted. I hope you can understand my view. thanks
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 11:12:55 PM »
So according to the Bible it's ok to kill your kid for back talking you.  Where do you stand on that?  Can we apply common sense or not?
when they reach the age of 12 you should pinch their heads off.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Duke0313

• Contributor
  • I am the way, the truth, and the life. -John 14:6
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »
One more nail in the Obama coffin!
"Republic:  I like the sound of the word -- means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, however they choose.  Some words give you a deep feeling.  Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat. -John Wayne- The Alamo

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 02:51:04 AM »
To bad the Catholic church leaders didn't get as upset over all the boys that were molested by THEIR priests as they are about the health care issue.
GuzziJohn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 03:57:42 AM »
To bad the Catholic church leaders didn't get as upset over all the boys that were molested by THEIR priests as they are about the health care issue.
GuzziJohn
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Guzzi;
  By now we realize your branch of the Mennonites is very liberal, but have you paused one moment to consider that this is an attack on all who love Jesus Christ..and the 1st article of the Bill of Rights..which says the government should "butt out" of the church..
    I am certainly not Catholic but Your crap about the Catholic Church just won't fly.  Anthony weiner is a Democrat, Barney Frank is a Democrat, John Corzine is a Democrat. so, using your "liberal logic", as you used ity on the Catholic Church...  Why doesn't the Democrat party just curl up and die ?

I just bet there are a lot less Catholic Democrats this morning, than there was last week !  Surely the best and brightest  have learned a lot in a couple days..

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 05:35:48 AM »
I just bet there are a lot less Catholic Democrats this morning, than there was last week !  Surely the best and brightest  have learned a lot in a couple days..

How many is that, maybe 3 or 4?

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 06:32:33 AM »
At least according to this pole a bit more than half of Catholics DO NOT want to lose the ability to choose by having limited healthcare insurance.

A new poll released Tuesday by the Public Religion Research Institute, a non-partisan research group whose board members include a number of religious leaders who have supported progressive causes, found that a majority of Americans - including 58 percent of Catholics - support a requirement that health insurance plans provide free birth control. A slight majority of Catholic voters, 52 percent, said religiously affiliated colleges and hospitals should also have to provide that benefit.

GuzziJohn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 09:59:22 AM »
At least according to this pole a bit more than half of Catholics DO NOT want to lose the ability to choose by having limited healthcare insurance.

A new poll released Tuesday by the Public Religion Research Institute, a non-partisan research group whose board members include a number of religious leaders who have supported PROGRESSIVE causes, causes, found that a majority of Americans - including 58 percent of Catholics - support a requirement that health insurance plans provide free birth control. A slight majority of Catholic voters, 52 percent, said religiously affiliated colleges and hospitals should also have to provide that benefit.

GuzziJohn
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I highlighted where you SHOULD have.

Sure..and even if that report was accurate (which I doubt) those liberal people were talking about voluntary plans, where they could choose whether or not to participate..
  One thing you cannot get around no matter how you spin it..this is a breach of article #1 of the Bill of Rights..