Author Topic: Why do you support mainstream GOP candidates?  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Why do you support mainstream GOP candidates?
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:23:48 AM »
Ok so this is basically an offshoot of another discussion that deserves it's own thread.

There are several of you guys on here that do not like RP.  That's fine.  My question to you is which maintream GOP candidate do you support and why?  The only rules of this thread are"

1.) Ron Paul's name cannot be mentioned because it will just start a troll thread.
2.) Using the excuse "Because we have to beat Obama" has to stay out of this thread.  That point is obvious.

So have at it.  Explain to me why you support your mainstream candidate and why. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Why do you support mainstream GOP candidates?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 12:55:18 AM »
unfortunately my candidate didn't run this year.  that would be Mike Huckabee.
the reason, I want a real Christian in the white house.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 01:04:26 AM »
But out of the choices you have, who are you leaning towards?
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 01:27:43 AM »
 To take up a discussion without being allowed a discussion is a bit perplexing, so I'll just list a few basics;

1)  My preferred candidate is not in the race

2) Santorum wiould be a fair choice, but bthere are too many Christophobes in the voting booths.

3) I want a vigilant foreign policy.

4) Obama has done too much damage already.

5) Isolationism is an outdated concept.

6) I don't  like NASA being converted to a Muslim "feel good" organization.

7) We have enough illicit drug problems already, without creating a doper's buffet on main street.

8) Obama's phony and useless medical plan should be stopped.

9) "Peace through strength", don't hurt the military...especially not in favor of spending like this:
    http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/news/0908/gallery.unusual_stimulus_projects/2.html

10) Political correctness is destroying America, we must elect those who are not addicted to it.

11) Stop the war on Christianity, the impetus which founded America and made it foremost in the world.

11) Today, special provisions are being instituted  to promote perversions... let's get back to normalcy.

...I could go on and on..but not a single mind here willl be swayed either way..mine included.. ;)   ;D 
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 01:33:12 AM »
But out of the choices you have, who are you leaning towards?
Santorum
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 04:36:12 AM »
To take up a discussion without being allowed a discussion is a bit perplexing, so I'll just list a few basics;

1)  My preferred candidate is not in the race

2) Santorum wiould be a fair choice, but bthere are too many Christophobes in the voting booths.

3) I want a vigilant foreign policy.

4) Obama has done too much damage already.

5) Isolationism is an outdated concept.

6) I don't  like NASA being converted to a Muslim "feel good" organization.

7) We have enough illicit drug problems already, without creating a doper's buffet on main street.

8) Obama's phony and useless medical plan should be stopped.

9) "Peace through strength", don't hurt the military...especially not in favor of spending like this:
    http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/news/0908/gallery.unusual_stimulus_projects/2.html

10) Political correctness is destroying America, we must elect those who are not addicted to it.

11) Stop the war on Christianity, the impetus which founded America and made it foremost in the world.

11) Today, special provisions are being instituted  to promote perversions... let's get back to normalcy.

...I could go on and on..but not a single mind here willl be swayed either way..mine included.. ;)   ;D

Well that's the most thought i've seen put into a candiate so far.  The reason I've decided to leave Ron Paul out of this discussion is because most people who support a Mainstream GOP candidate can tell you why they don't like Ron Paul but they can't tell you why they support one of the remaining 3 candidates, other than "They're not Obama." and that's a non argument.  So far most people are hesitant to pick a candidate.  Curious.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 04:41:47 AM »
I do not support any single candidate in the race, and I have to choose one by tomorrow [I live in Florida].  At this point, my only purpose of an election is to remove the current undocumented worker from Pennsylvania Avenue.
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 04:53:54 AM »
Of the three remaining I like Santorum the best. The reason I think most people are not real strong one way or the other is because there isn't a lot of difference. This is the first time, probably in the history of the country that you can't vote for a strong protestant. I really don't have a  problem voting for a Catholic or even a Morman, but it just goes to show how far we've come.

I will strongly support any candidate the Republicans nominate even the one who thinks that if we get together with the muslems and sing a few choruses of koombaya all will be well. The reason I will support ANY Republican is because if we don't,  we stand a chance that the dems will cheat the election enough that they could win!!!  Lord help us if they do.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 04:59:52 AM »
Of the three remaining I like Santorum the best. The reason I think most people are not real strong one way or the other is because there isn't a lot of difference. This is the first time, probably in the history of the country that you can't vote for a strong protestant. I really don't have a  problem voting for a Catholic or even a Morman, but it just goes to show how far we've come.

I will strongly support any candidate the Republicans nominate even the one who thinks that if we get together with the muslems and sing a few choruses of koombaya all will be well. The reason I will support ANY Republican is because if we don't,  we stand a chance that the dems will cheat the election enough that they could win!!!  Lord help us if they do.
you're right. Santorum understands more family issues than the others.  he has a "special child" and is pro-life.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 05:06:51 AM »
For all the reasons Ironglow listed and more, it is absolutely imperative that this country get back on a sane and sustainable path.  It should be obvious to any thinking person that liberalism does not work and that the present government has put us on the road to ruin.  A very large part of that is the present occupant of the White House, but an equal share of blame goes to the Dumycrat Senate and the remaining idiot Dumycrats in the House.  No matter how much blame is aimed back at GWB, the country was doing pretty danged well until the Congress was turned back to the liberals in 2007.  Now it's time to try to inject some sanity and take the medicine to cure the stupid liberalism that absolutely will ruin the best country on this earth.
Swingem

Offline DDZ

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »
Here is an article by Joseph Farah. In my opinion, he has it exactly right.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/elections-alone-wont-get-it-done/
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »
My first choice has always been Romney.  I had strong leanings towards Cain to start with, and I considered Perry, but I thought they were not up to Romney.  I look at their records, and accomplishments.  Of the two really left in the running, they both have good and bad in their closets, but one has far less bad than the other, in my opinion, with far more accomplishments.

Newt Gingrich has too much baggage.  He resigned from congress in disgrace, I remember the public outcry over his ethics charges.  He is just too pompous, and self centered.  He keeps trying to live in the shadow of Ronald Reagan.  It's insulting after what he did back then.

Romney has some great accomplishments on his record.  Not only has he had the experience of running a State Government, he is an accomplished businessman.  He is a good troubleshooter, look at what he did for the Olympics.  He took a failing project and turned it around.  I remember reading about all the problems with the Olympics, how it was a failing proposition, and Utah was looking at cancelling the entire program.  The people running it had bungled the whole program, it was out of funds, and supporters had pulled out.  At the time I thought what an embarrassment to the nation.  Entered Romney, he got new sponsors, Romney pulled everything together.  Opening night I was doubtful it would live up to expectations, but it turned out great, far beyond expectations.  All on account of Mitt Romney. 

There you have my reasons, Santorum in my view was never in the running.  I never thought him at all as a viable candidate.  He and the other guy need to go ahead and drop out.     
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
I will only support somebody that can win against Obama.

I hate to see others encouraged to waste their vote on someone who can't win.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »
I personally like Santorum, but in the end, I will vote for the GOP candidate, because we need to get Barry out of the White House.  He always puts himself ahead of the country.  I agree with Swampy 100%.

I will only support somebody that can win against Obama.

I hate to see others encouraged to waste their vote on someone who can't win.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Matt

• .:{ş.ş}:.
  • Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 01:02:01 PM »
and some of you really think there is a difference in Romney and Obama... wow... even funnier is some think there is a difference in the two parties. Guess what... THERE IS NOT!

I have said from the beginning that Romney would get the nod as he paid his dues last go around. If elected all we will have is the fully Caucasian version of Obama rather than the half version we have now.

I for one do not want a president that needs to get back with me on what he feels the rights of the states are. He has also said that about several other topics.
I will bet $10.00 bucks that:
A: Romney gets the GOP nod
B: Romney will fail to win or if he does NOT ONE DAMN THING WILL CHANGE FOR THE BETTER IF AT ALL!

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline powderman

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 01:50:43 PM »
and some of you really think there is a difference in Romney and Obama..

MATT, of course there is a difference, a big one. Romney is an American, obama is not. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Gary G

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »

MATT, of course there is a difference, a big one. Romney is an American, obama is not. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)

Soros admits there is no difference:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/25/soros-not-much-difference-between-obama-and-romney/#.TyYJCQToWdo.facebook
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline scootrd

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 02:25:36 PM »

Romeny is anti-gun . Don't be fooled again.
and if you doubt that statement just ask some of the mass. posters on this website to weigh in.
Just even try to travel through mass with a gun .. can you say Mandatory Jail sentences.....

http://www.usacarry.com/mitt-romney-and-gun-control/
JMHO
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »
Well whatever you think, your choice in November will be Romney or Obama.  You can write something else in if you like but it won't matter.  Tomorrow I vote for Newt.  In November I'll vote for Mitt.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
I believe the country as we know it is doomed. Financially we are past the point of no return already. Too many promises that cannot be kept.  But as if we can keep the gvt. mostly conservative for the next few years we will have a few years to get prepared for the melt down. Let the liberals have just another year or two, especially if the Bummer isn't worried about getting re-elected, and they will drive the country into the ditch in just a year or two. I cannot fathom why but it seems like they are deliberately trying to wreck the country.

Offline spitpatch

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »
     I'm with swampman on this one. Newt's ethics charges were cleared, just the charge alone got the lib press wound up as it was expected to do to a non-liberal.

Romney has more baggage than the rest. pro gun control, pro abortion, Romney care in Mass., etc,etc. I'll not talk about the Mormon religion....but I WAS one for some years. Until I saw the light.
Quality will be remembered long after price is forgotten

Offline Ranch13

• Historic Shooting .com
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »
Ok so this is basically an offshoot of another discussion that deserves it's own thread.

There are several of you guys on here that do not like RP.  That's fine.  My question to you is which maintream GOP candidate do you support and why?  The only rules of this thread are"

1.) Ron Paul's name cannot be mentioned because it will just start a troll thread.
2.) Using the excuse "Because we have to beat Obama" has to stay out of this thread.  That point is obvious.

So have at it.  Explain to me why you support your mainstream candidate and why.
I have not picked a candidate as of yet. It will be another month before we get a chance to cast a vote here, and it's hard to tell who will be left in the race by that time. When the time gets closer then I'll make my decision. In the end come November I will most likely vote for anybody but Obama, or any other democrat party candidate.
In the 1920's "sheeple" was a term coined by the National Socialist Party in Germany to describe people that would not vote for Hitler. In the 1930's they held Hitler as the only one that would bring pride back to Germany and bring the budget and economy back.....

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »

That is a big difference but it's about the only one I've noticed.

Romney and Obama are both in favor of:

1. Gun control
2. Socialist healthcare
3. Bailing out the banking industry with taxpayer money
4. Killing babies
5. Ignoring the Constitution
6. Big government that controls every aspect of our lives
7. Spending our hard earned tax dollars on useless programs
8. Expensive undeclared wars that accomplish nothing
9. Maintaining the status quo

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »
Well whatever you think, your choice in November will be Romney or Obama.  You can write something else in if you like but it won't matter.  Tomorrow I vote for Newt.  In November I'll vote for Mitt.

No! There is another. There will be a Libertarian candidate. Ron Paul said he will consider the Libertarian party this time, if he does not win the republican primary. Pick a RINO and too many will vote for the Libertarian this time. Obama will beat Romney. I believe Ron Paul is the only one that can beat Obama.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 11:35:33 PM »
Well if you want Obama then vote for Ron Paul.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 12:25:02 AM »
Well i've seen about 4 honest answers in this discussion and a bunch of people that refuse to follow the standard i set on this discussion.

I specifically asked to leave Ron Paul out of this discussion.  The reason why is that the people that support Ron Paul have already made up their minds on who they chose and why.  Most mainstream supporters cannot tell you why they support a mainstream candidate.  They bash Ron Paul supporters for having their mind made up and that's it.  I want to know why you are supporting the 3 remaining candidates.  Ethics, voting records, plans on the future of the country ect...

I also asked not to use the excuse "Because we have to beat Obama..." because that's a given and requires no thought of WHY you support a mainstream candidate. 

So far I've seen Sourdough, Bugeye and OSR give an honest answer as to why they are supporting their candidate.  I'll even throw a nod to Ranch13 for giving a nice explaination of what he's thinking.

The rest of you guys are just perpetuating what I already thought about you.  You have no reasons for voting Mainstream.  Your just babbling mindless rhetoric and then getting mad when somebody challenges you to back up what your saying. 

Give me a reason WHY you pulling for a candidate.  Voting records, Attendance, Morals, Values, Spending ... anything!

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 12:45:06 AM »
SSS, I think what your are seeing is the reasoning of people who think they want to beat Obama, but don't really care if the end result is any different than Obama. It's kind of hard to justify ones reasoning under those conditions.

Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 12:45:13 AM »
after Michael Reagans endorsment, I may swing back to newt. Santorum really doesn't have much chance.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 03:00:21 AM »
I just want a Republican to win in November.  It doesn't matter who it is to me.  I won't waste my vote on someone who can only get 2-3% of the vote in the polls.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 03:15:19 AM »
SSS, I think what your are seeing is the reasoning of people who think they want to beat Obama, but don't really care if the end result is any different than Obama. It's kind of hard to justify ones reasoning under those conditions.

It's closer to IMPOSSIBLE!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.