Author Topic: S&W new chairman of the board...  (Read 445 times)

Offline LarryL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • 2004 - 480 SRH
S&W new chairman of the board...
« on: January 21, 2004, 05:02:01 AM »
I see S&W has named a new chairman of the board of directors.  He has been on the board for the last couple years.  He has a Masters in social work, and has headed up a company providing counselling for abused, neglected, and underprivledged children.   I don't want to sound judgemental, but this sounds like a liberal PC appointment.  Wonder where he stands on the topic of gun control?!

Any of you more knowledgable than I have any comments on this appointment and what it means, if anything, to the direction S&W is heading?

Here is an excerpt from their announcement:

"The board also announced today changes in composition of the Board of Directors. Effective immediately, the Board of Directors has named James J. Minder as Chairman of the Board of Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation. Mr. Minder was selected due to his status as an independent, outside director, in a proactive corporate governance action by the board in keeping with the intent of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. Roy Cuny will continue in his capacity as a member of the board directors and as President and Chief Executive Officer of Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation and the Company's wholly owned subsidiary, Smith & Wesson Corp.

"Jim has been a valuable member of the Board of Directors and I look forward to working with him closely," said Cuny.

Prior to being named chairman, Mr. Minder has served as a director of the Company since May 2001 and a member of the Audit Committee since September 2002. Mr. Minder has been President of Amherst Consulting Co., LLC, a Scottsdale, Arizona-based management consulting firm since July 1997. From 1976 to 1997, Mr. Minder served as president and CEO of Spectrum Human Services, Inc., a Michigan-based provider of counseling and mental health treatment services for neglected, abused and developmentally disabled children and families, which Mr. Minder founded in 1976. Mr. Minder received a BS degree in engineering, a BA degree in sociology and history and an MA degree in social work from the University of Michigan. "
Success is a journey, not a destination...  Might as well enjoy the ride!! 

Just remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.  You can rely on 911 or on 1911. The choice is yours.

Larry

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 07:23:45 AM »
I certainly do not see it as a positive step for gun owners but then I've seen nothing positive from the new owners since they took over. Just wait until the next democrap sits in the white house and watch how quickly they begin to look exactly like the old ownership.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Tc300mag1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 12:05:31 PM »
Becuse of there practices this is why i dont buy smith .. No it certainly dont look good for them