Author Topic: How bad do you figger.....  (Read 517 times)

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
How bad do you figger.....
« on: February 01, 2012, 11:09:01 AM »
....Romney has stepped in it? The media will have a hay day quoting this one out of context:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/01/10289765-romney-im-not-concerned-about-the-very-poor

Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Gary G

Re: How bad do you figger.....
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 02:52:07 PM »
To be honest, in this environment of the Fed debasing the currency, the very rich (especially if they are connected to government) and the very poor will be taken care of. The middle class is, and will in the future, disappear as it is their wealth that is being stolen by the money debasement to sustain an unsustainable economic system. Now I am sure that many folks will not understand this, and Romney will catch it should he be the nominee against Obumer. I doubt the poor would vote for him anyway. I won't, but not for this reason.
It is because he is closely tied to the ones connected to the government that will be fine, that is until humpty dumpty falls off the wall.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »
You have to read all of what he said.  In context and out of context, I agree with him.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 02:12:23 AM »
You have to read all of what he said.  In context and out of context, I agree with him.
that's right.  people ignore the second half of the sentence.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 04:22:03 AM »
So what did it say? That site locked up my computer and I wasn't able to load the page to read it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 04:28:20 AM »
He just said he wasn't worried about the very poor because they already have a safety net.  He said if that wasn't working he would fix it.  He also said he wasn't worried about the very rich because they don't need a net.  He said he was concerned about the middle class and I am too.  I hope to make it to the middle class one day.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 04:32:14 AM »
He just said he wasn't worried about the very poor because they already have a safety net.  He said if that wasn't working he would fix it.  He also said he wasn't worried about the very rich because they don't need a net.  He said he was concerned about the middle class and I am too.  I hope to make it to the middle class one day.
that's what he said alright.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 06:12:39 AM »
The libs and their serfs are afraid of Romney, so they have to parse words to scare the unwashed masses.   Romney may actually be able to compete against Obama, and TM7's TPTB are afraid they will lose their power.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 02:38:34 AM »

Of course, but the point was the media and what they will do with Romneys comment. ::)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 04:58:28 AM »
I don't think that just because some people are not that well off that they are necessarily stupid.  And in any event, if Romney and other non-Dumycrats say things that can be taken out of context, or not, the news media and the Dumycrats will make something up.

Whoever the Republican nominee is, is going to be hit with the biggest smear campaign that has ever happened and that's just the way it is.  However, it would be prudent that one not give the lying liberals any help.
Swingem