Author Topic: Austin @ ScaleArtillery.com - aka ClassicCannons on GBO  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Triple D

• Trade Count: (0)
Austin @ ScaleArtillery.com - aka ClassicCannons on GBO
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:40:03 PM »
Has anyone bought anything from Austin who has the website ScaleArtillery.com ?  I sent this guy a check a while back for one of his confederate coehorns and never received it.  He won't return emails or phone calls.  ???
I wore Confederate Gray back in the day

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Austin @ ScaleArtillery.com - aka ClassicCannons on GBO
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:33:00 PM »
As much as I hate to see some one loose money in a bad business deal, I am going to ask you to be patient a little but longer.

I will tell you that some of us who communicate with Austin have some serious concerns about him.  Austin has been having some serious health issues. We are afraid he may be in the hospital.

We hope we are wrong. We are sure this is the reason you  and us have not heard from him. 

Offline muskeg stomper

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:08:17 PM »
Thanks DD. I had not heard that...Austin is a real nice guy.

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »
My last communication with Austin was when he relayed some serious Service connected health issues. He does quite good work, and I have find no fault with that. Hopefully he will get back in touch, and I agree with Double D, just give him a chance and a little more time. BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline phsarge

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 10:10:45 PM »
Give him some time. Me and him share simular service connected medical problems. The last time I talked to him they were starting to flare up so to speak and he had to go to the hospital and was out for a few days. I will try and get ahold of him as well and will make sure to update or have him update when I do.
Jeff

Offline t6nsmit

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 03:12:17 PM »
Any status on Austin?

Offline Triple D

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 03:37:10 PM »
Called his number yesterday, but no reply.  I'd be happy just to get a refund. :(

Offline Double D

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »
What date did you send payment?

What was the form of payment?

What date was promised for delivery?

Offline Triple D

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »
I sent a check on December 27th and he cashed it.  He said he was working on it when I sent off the check. After that, no more Austin.

Here is the email:

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 10:09 PM, <austin@kscannons.com> wrote:
  Hello Dwayne,
Will do on the confederate one but it will be a bit larger than 2" diI'm doing them now as we speak thay will be 2.250 by 4+ long same price as the one your paying for since i don't have to make the 2" one if thats fine also if your making the sled type carriage i'll send along some trunnion caps to the mortar at no cost I'll have the larger Dictator on my website soon after i finis theese i'm working on now thanks Austin

Offline Double D

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
Whenever you place an order with someone, especially on the internet is important that you document everything. Pin everything down, including delivery time.  It does not appear you got a delivery date.   

It has been just over 6 weeks since you placed your order.   I don't think it reasonable to expect to have received your order in that time period, especially since it had to be made.  How long has it been since the check was cashed, Less than 5 weeks? 

I do however think it is reasonable for you to be able to contact the maker and get progress reports.  That you have not been able to do, and it is not unreasonable for you to be concerned.

I have been communicating with Austin and helping him with some drawings to feed into his CNC controller on his lathe.  I last heard from Austin Jan 10.  He was having some medical problems for the week proceeding was finding it difficult to work.  When you first made your post I sent Austin an email myself and tried to contact him.  I sent him another today. I requested delivery and read receipt and have not got either back.

Here is what I suggest you do.  60 days from the date the check was cashed send a letter to Austin. Ask him to advise you the status of your order and provide you with a projected delivery date. Send the letter return receipt signature required.  Make sure you ask the post office to return the letter to you if it is not delivered.  If the letter is returned hang onto it and leave it sealed.  Make sure you keep copy of the letter for the letter to be returned by the post office

Wait 30 days for that letter to be delivered and signed for. 

If that does not get results you are going to have to contact the State Attorney General-Consumer Affairs office in the state where the business is and file a complaint.  The A/G is going to want to see a timeline and all communications between you, so you need to save all email and letters and make notes about when you said,  and did what.

I hope  you do not have to go to this extreme.

I truly believe Austin is ill.  I do not think he is a deadbeat.

Offline Triple D

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 11:13:53 AM »
Sounds like a good plan.  I would like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Offline phsarge

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 03:31:21 PM »
OK spoke to Austin today. He has been having some medical problems that I will not go into in depth. He has not been home as he has been staying with someone closer to the hospital. When I spoke to him he said he will run out and make sure that Triple D is taken care of. He is going to call me with the tracking number tomorrow and I will send it to him as his computer as having problems as well. He said he will make sure and make it right by you. I will update more as I know more Just seems like everything that could go wrong has gone wrong all at once.
If there is anyone else out there that may need an awnser let me know. The number I got ahold of him on is not his so I do not want to pass it around.
Jeff

Offline Double D

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 04:29:12 PM »
Thanks Jeff!

Offline flagman1776

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 01:36:41 AM »
I have no first hand knowledge.

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »
I also got an email from Austin, and things are looking up a little, hopefully he is on the way to a full recovery, and will be back to his shop pretty soon...BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline t6nsmit

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 03:51:31 PM »
I too heard from Austin yesterday.  I'm was glad to hear he was feeling better.

Offline Triple D

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 01:12:29 PM »
A message to Austin:You don't need to refund my money if you ship the mortar.

At the request of ScaleArtillery, this notice alerts you the following shipment has been cancelled.
 Original Shipment Detail

Ship To:
Dwayne Duty
4221 Thomas Street
HOLLYWOOD
FL
US

Message from ScaleArtillery:
 Tracking info will be pick up monday had toget the cast off thanks 2 mortars and refund $40

[/b][/color]
Number of Packages:
UPS Service:
GROUND
Weight:
15.0 LBS
Tracking Number:
1Z47226R4298448885
Reference Number 1:
2 mortars

[/b][/color]

Offline Triple D

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »
UPDATE:

Received my mortar from Austin today by USPS, plus he threw in another. Thanks Jeff for getting in contact with Austin for me.

All Is Well,
Triple D

Offline colter

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
I am in a similar situation as Triple D with a paid up ScaleArtillery order from December 18. Short version is we negotiated a deal for two mortars (gifts needed for late January) and a napoleon barrel (for myself) that Austin said he could get out that week (~Dec.22). Payment was sent and check cashed. Since then, the order has been "ready to go out" on 1/2, 2/16, and 2/29 but has not appeared and requests for a refund have not been honored. I understand that Austin has some serious health issues and said that I was willing to work with him to modify or adjust the deal to accommodate. From reports, he produces a good product, but at this point I just want my money back. I'm hoping someone can contact Austin as he has stopped returning emails and phone messages. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Double D

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 06:27:55 PM »
I am in a similar situation as Triple D with a paid up ScaleArtillery order from December 18. Short version is we negotiated a deal for two mortars (gifts needed for late January) and a napoleon barrel (for myself) that Austin said he could get out that week (~Dec.22). Payment was sent and check cashed. Since then, the order has been "ready to go out" on 1/2, 2/16, and 2/29 but has not appeared and requests for a refund have not been honored. I understand that Austin has some serious health issues and said that I was willing to work with him to modify or adjust the deal to accommodate. From reports, he produces a good product, but at this point I just want my money back. I'm hoping someone can contact Austin as he has stopped returning emails and phone messages. Any help would be appreciated.

I have empathy for your situation.   However I am a bit  bothered by the fact that  you only registered on this board today and your first post is only to use us to try and get your money back.  That is not what we are here for.

If you were a regular poster here and had placed your order via this board  I would be more inclined to help you.  I had been in regular contact with Austin and know he was having bad health problems, but I haven't heard from him in 6 weeks.   Quite frankly I fear his health issues are far more severe than we thought.   I hope he is still alive.

If you wish to contact me via email  by clicking on the envelope icon under my avatar, even though you are not a regular here, I will try to help you.

I can not guarantee I will be able to contact Austin or get your money for you, But I will try for you-off this board.