Author Topic: Obama Admin screwed up royally - Catholic institutions upset  (Read 1071 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Obama Admin screwed up royally - Catholic institutions upset
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:49:51 PM »
Most Catholics are swing voters , Reagan democrats if you wish. Not a swift move

Obama administration birth control mandate upsets Catholics

GREEN BAY, WI (CNN) -- A new health insurance policy mandate by the Obama administration has outraged Catholics across the country. It requires all employers to cover contraception and abortion as part of preventative care.
Critics say the mandate will force Catholic employers to choose between providing health care and betraying their religious beliefs.

Full story here  -

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/193416/288/Obama-administration-birth-control-mandate-upsets-Catholics
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Obama Admin screwed up royally - Catholic institutions upset
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:08:45 PM »
I didn't think Barry was that dumb, but I guess anything he does, would not surprise me anymore.  Where is the outrage and outcry from those that always claim the Constitution mandates separation of church & state. 
I guess it's only for Barry's "favored" religion.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:16:11 PM »
obummer just wants to be sure the baby butchers get paid. If the butchers don't get paid they won't kill the babies, can't have that now can we?? POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »
I have been told the majority of Catholics voted for him last time, why did they expect different.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 04:57:24 PM »
I have been told the majority of Catholics voted for him last time, why did they expect different.
Where did you get that information?
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 06:13:39 PM »
Do you really think a Catholic owned drug store wouldn't carry condoms?  Although un-natural contraception is against Catholic beliefs, they don't force their doctrine on others.  So, I don't think this is a big deal to them.

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 02:45:58 AM »
Do you really think a Catholic owned drug store wouldn't carry condoms?  Although un-natural contraception is against Catholic beliefs, they don't force their doctrine on others.  So, I don't think this is a big deal to them.

Jim
DES - Your may be right about the drug store owned by a Catholic individual.  But this mandate isn't the same, it mandates hospitals owned by a Catholic Institution to comply against their religious beliefs.  It's similar to what the courts did to the Boy Scouts, trying to force them to accept openly homosexual scoutmasters.  That case BTW, was decided in favor of the Scouts.  See below link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_v._Dale

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 03:46:39 AM »
Good counterpoint, OSR!  I thought this was talking about insurance coverage...

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 03:52:19 AM »
You guys do know that Muslims can opt out of the mandate.  It is against their religion to have insurance of any kind.  I wonder if Catholics, Protestant, and other religions will decide to opt out and carry it to court.  Hopefully we will get a Republican who will either do away with Obamacare or at least appoint at least moderate judges that might have some common sense. 

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 06:16:51 AM »

Follow the below link for the 2008 Catholic vote numbers....it is in a chart middle of page......

http://www.pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/How-the-Faithful-Voted.aspx

And, yes, many of them voted for Obummer.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline scootrd

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 06:42:33 AM »

Jim

It's a "Big deal" . Arch diocese's from across the country are weighing in.

"I have to say, there's a sense of personal disappointment," - Archbishop Timothy Dolan, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. Dolan indicated that his preference is to keep the lines of communication with the administration open. But Dolan is already facing pressure from other bishops to take a more confrontational stance toward the White House. Dolan was scheduled to leave Wednesday for a nine-day spiritual pilgrimage to Israel; after a brief return to New York, he will head to Rome where he will be formally elevated to the rank of cardinal by Pope Benedict XVI. (and what do you think topic of conversation at Vatican will be?)

From Maine to Phoenix to southern Louisiana, Catholic churches across the USA this weekend echoed with scorn for a new federal rule requiring faith-based employers to include birth control and other reproductive services in their health care coverage.

“We cannot — we will not — comply with this unjust law,” - Cincinnati Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr
"We can’t just lie down and die and let religious freedom go,” said Sister Mary Ann Walsh, a spokeswoman for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.

"For Catholics, being ordered to endorse and pay for contraceptives stands in the way of God's grace"  "That means that our salvation is at stake" - Bishop Robert Morlino Madison Wisconsin

"We feel like the government is asking us to violate our consciences, to do something that we believe is morally wrong."  -David Hains, spokesman for the Charlotte Catholic Diocese.

Catholics ‘will not comply’ with Obama birth control mandate - Arizona Bishop Thomas Olmsted

The administration’s rule has now run headlong into a dispute over values as Republican presidential contenders compete for the most conservative voters. In an election season that features Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum, who have stressed their Catholic faith, scientific thinking on the medical benefits of birth control has clashed with deeply held religious and cultural beliefs.This will certainly affect the voting base.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 09:36:21 AM »
It's unconstitutional to force anyone to buy anything.
but I haven't figured why Catholic believe that way.  killing sperm or the egg, is no different than getting a haircut or trimming your fingernails.  it's only when egg/sperm get together that life is created.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 09:43:43 AM »
Bugeye, you got it. 

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 10:53:56 AM »
Bug:
I believe it is the prevention of starting a life which is the sticky point with Catholics. That covers birth control other then the rhythm method.
Abortion moves the situation to the next higher level of a No No.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline powderman

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 11:05:48 AM »
In Lou a merger was stopped because a Catholic run hospitol refused to kill babies. Good for them for sticking to their guns. Obummer  was  and is pro gay marriage and pro death for babies, no real Christian could vote for somebody who is strictly against the beliefs of Jesus Christ. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »
And to think that some people, religions don't believe Catholics are Christians.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 11:47:47 AM »

I've heard that myself many times.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 02:06:20 PM »
Any facts to prove that ?? ::) I heard he was predestined to be President for 2 terms.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »
One goofy religion is as good as the next.  Eliminating fetuses or molesting them when they are old enough to be alter boys, which is worse?

http://www.cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=9996
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 02:41:54 PM »
I can't understand why Catholics and Jews as a group tend to vote democrat. Most of the other folks who identify themselves by a faith tend to be conservative. Dems stomp on people of all faiths, but those two groups just won't stop voting for them.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »
Can someone point me to a specific scripture where Jesus condemns Birth Control?
Can someone point me to a specific scripture where Jesus condemns Abortion?

I do know in Jewish faith , The mother is considered more important than the baby and if it's an emergent  choice between saving the mother or the unborn baby  the mother is to be saved.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 10:09:05 PM »
but I haven't figured why Catholic believe that way.  killing sperm or the egg, is no different than getting a haircut or trimming your fingernails.  it's only when egg/sperm get together that life is created.
I think-Because you may be preventing a pregnancy which is God's will if it happens. Not sure
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 11:41:17 PM »
I think-Because you may be preventing a pregnancy which is God's will if it happens. Not sure
hmmm, but isn't using the rhythm method trying to circumvent what "may" be Gods will?
I admit, I don't know much about that belief.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 12:41:54 AM »
Going from this -----Obama administration birth control mandate upsets Catholics ;  to this ------One goofy religion is as good as the next.  Eliminating fetuses or molesting them when they are old enough to be alter boys, which is worse? so sad how some take a positive and turn it into a negative. so sad.

-----------------
-------

-------

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 12:43:25 AM »
Can someone point me to a specific scripture where Jesus condemns Birth Control?
Can someone point me to a specific scripture where Jesus condemns Abortion?

I do know in Jewish faith , The mother is considered more important than the baby and if it's an emergent  choice between saving the mother or the unborn baby  the mother is to be saved.
I think the abortion comes under- THOU SHALL NOT KILL.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 01:01:19 AM »
hmmm, but isn't using the rhythm method trying to circumvent what "may" be Gods will?
I admit, I don't know much about that belief.
Good point- i don't know the answer to that. Maybe someone can explain it.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 01:19:16 AM »
Back in the day it was hoped that by mass reproduction the Church would overtake all other religions.  The more people the more money rolling in.  It's more math than morality.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 02:16:01 AM »
I once heard a motivational speaker talk about how some persons are energy suckers. They only talk about the negatives and if you listen to them , they will suck the energy right out of you. nough said. :-X
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 04:34:46 AM »
I believe it was David who wrote "You knit me together in my mothers womb" There are several other places where the Bible talks about the man being created in the womb. Therefore at conception we are human beings and killing a fetus is murder.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 07:17:26 AM »
Not really....Until it takes the breath of life, it's just tissue.