Author Topic: Hundreds of Christians march accross brooklyn bridge opposing Church ban.  (Read 2142 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
‘Notoriously Persecuted’: Hundreds of Christians March Across Brooklyn Bridge to Protest NYC Church Ban   Christians aren‘t taking New York City’s ban on churches meeting in public schools lightly. On Sunday, hundreds of religious leaders, politicians and individuals who stand firmly opposed to the now-infamous church crackdown joined together to march across the Brooklyn Bridge.

This was the largest show of support against the law that will take effect unless Mayor Michael Bloomberg or state officials intervene before Feb. 12. If the regulation isn’t overturned, at least 60 churches will be homeless as of next month. A previous protest earlier in January on the steps of Manhattan’s Tweed Courthouse featured strong-worded rhetoric. In previous events held against the ban, pastors were arrested.
As they marched across the bridge in their latest attempt to see the law banished, the group chanted, “Freedom to worship, that’s what we want!” CBS News has more regarding what participants and speakers had to say at the event:

“We are here to tell Mayor Bloomberg, I mean we are going to have 60 churches homeless and that’s not Christ-like,” said Bronx Pastor Sal Sabino of the Heavenly Region Christian Center.
“The church has been notoriously persecuted since its inception so I’m not surprised but we’re not going to stay quiet we’re going to speak out and say this is what the foundation of America is built upon,” said Roseann Kytka of Ascencion Presbyterian Church, which meets at P.S. 101 in Forest Hills.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Let me guess . . . You think it's fine for churches to meet in public schools, right? 

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Let me guess . . . You think it's fine for churches to meet in public schools, right?
Jr - In all honesty, without the pro-forma argument, about separation of church and state, which isn't always enforced or enforced fairly, nor actually guaranteed by the Constitution. 
Why is that a problem?  What or who does it hurt?
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
they pay rent and that helps out the school.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)

- Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Junior1942,

Please explain to all of us here.....where in the above text does it expressly and specifically say that a religious group cannot meet on public property?

ST762

We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline jimster

Junior is just a little confused...but so are a lot of people.  They read "Freedom from religion" instead of freedom OF religion...but then...the schools have not been doing so well getting people to read and understand things.  So much for the NEA. 

We prayed every day in our public school when I was a kid, we said the pledge, I don't think it messed me up. And we were not forced.  But I notice a lot of kids messed up these days since that all stopped.  Coincidence?  Not so sure.

There has been an on going assult on the main religion in America for a long time.  You want to drop down on a rug in the work place and take an EXTRA break, it's OK, but don't try to pray on your lunch in front of anyone. 

Weird stuff going on.  Most comes from brain washed people who know nothing about freedoms or rights...but think they do.  They cry democracy at the top of their lungs, which is basically the downfall of every nation, but know nothing of a republic which protects individuals from the democracy mobs. 

I have no problem with someone worshiping anyone they want anywhere they want myself, but I have a lot more respect for freedom for Junior's crowd then he and his crowd has for me....they call that democracy.  I call it a mob of people who have wrecked our country. 

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
....   I call it a mob of people who have wrecked our country.
The DJIA shortly after your mob left office: ~6200 and headed for Great Depression #2.  The DJIA a few minutes ago and with my mob in office: 12,692.  Now tell me again who's wrecking the country...

Offline BUGEYE

The DJIA shortly after your mob left office: ~6200 and headed for Great Depression #2.  The DJIA a few minutes ago and with my mob in office: 12,692.  Now tell me again who's wrecking the country...
what doe the DJIA have to do with religion??
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
Right, early Americans usually built one building in the center of town.  It was the chruch on Sunday, and governmental meeting place during the week.  No one complained back in the 1800's.  THEY ARE RENTING THE SCHOOLS FOR SERVICES.  Muslims, KKK, or others could rent and they probably wouldn't say a thing. 

Offline BUGEYE

my wifes rather large family is thinking of renting a school facility for a reunion.
we WILL pray when we eat and when the party breaks up.  should the school turn us down??
according to junior, yes.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

Re: Hundreds of Christians march accross brooklyn bridge opposing Church ban.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 10:28:47 AM »

Nothing...of course. Not even close....but what can you say when the party you choose have put everything into bankruptcy and debt? You can only blather and change the subject and offer inaccurate data.  You have nothing left but to defend your failures. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 11:23:27 AM »
We prayed every day in our public school when I was a kid, we said the pledge, I don't think it messed me up. And we were not forced.  But I notice a lot of kids messed up these days since that all stopped.  Coincidence?  Not so sure.

JIMSTER. Good posts Sir, I agree.
junior. You seem to be the only one here with a problem of Christian Churches renting a school for a day of worship. Typical liberal backwards thinking. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 01:18:26 PM »
And I think its about time we start taxing churches just like any other business. Half of them out there are just a bunch
of crooks.
The less religion we have in our government, the better *

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 02:28:09 PM »

No Junior I KNOW it's alright because;

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Does not say separation of church and state.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »

Junior has one thing right. The current government is under control of the MOB. I say that MOB is wrecking our country.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »
Your Bush wrecked our country, President Obama is getting us back in the good again without Republicans help, they
are just dragging their feet.
I don't use religion to justify doing harm to others like some people do here and the world, if you what to call me a atheist for that I,m ok with that.

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
  Who's Bush?

Offline Casull

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 03:25:34 PM »
Obama is getting back in the good again

Pure BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    The unemployment rate is 8.5% (and that's not counting the tens of thousands that have run through their 2 years worth of unemployment benefits and no longer count).  In 3 short years, obama has managed to increase the debt of this country by 50%.  The housing market continues to sink.  Gas prices are about twice what they were when he took over.  What, exactly, has he done that was good?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 03:36:11 PM »
I don,t know what state you live in, but here in Minnesota the unemployment is the lowest its been in three years 5.9 %.
You need to look at facts not fox news.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »
  I thought wqe had a good one with Junior, now from the "frying pan into the fire" with Andy.. ;)   ;D

Andy;
   Take a look at recent history;  Carter, Bush 41, Clinton and Bush 43 were all left with a recession and Carter left Reagan with a doozy.  Still, all got squared away within the first 2 years..  Bush 41 was doing quite well in spite of the wars, until 2006..when he was saddled with a Democrat congress, who intentionally screwed up the economy for the 2008 election.

Take a little pill of fact and wash it down with a cup of truth..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCN5-ovvFL0
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 03:58:11 PM »
I,m looking at history that I've lived in and the GOP is history ***

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 04:20:04 PM »

Unfortunately the GOP/DEM pendulum will keep swinging until fools learn to think for themselves and the independents stop switching parties hoping for change.

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 04:44:57 PM »
Yea religious wackos are known to drink there Kool-Aid when they learn they can,t win, a reply for ironglow.

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 04:50:54 PM »
Yea religious folks are known to drink Kool-Aid when they learn they can,t win.

Please explain? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 05:45:22 PM »
I don,t what state you live in, but here in Minnesota the unemployment is the lowest its been in three years 5.9 %.You need to look at facts not fox news.

Sounds like an Abbot & Costello routine. ;D I hope you understand how the unemployment rate is calculated.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 01:29:18 AM »
Yea religious folks are known to drink Kool-Aid when they learn they can,t win.

Please explain? I have no idea what you are talking about.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You're not alone lost Farmboy... I doubt very many can decipher Andy's ramblings..

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 01:33:30 AM »
I don,t what state you live in, but here in Minnesota the unemployment is the lowest its been in three years 5.9 %.You need to look at facts not fox news.

Sounds like an Abbot & Costello routine. ;D I hope you understand how the unemployment rate is calculated.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Probably unemployment is down in Minnesota simply because thousands have run out of it and others have given up looking for a job.. ;)    Of course, there is always a margin who won't work !

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 05:06:59 AM »

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Probably unemployment is down in Minnesota simply because thousands have run out of it and others have given up looking for a job.. ;)    Of course, there is always a margin who won't work !
andy1300 - IG has it correct.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 08:56:07 AM »
The unemployment % is a joke.  The Obama administration had taken off 1.2 MILLION who are not looking for a job from last month.  That make the ratio for fewer people looking vs those working.  He has been doing this for some time little by little.  How can the total population of the US be going up yet there are fewer people working and looking for work.  Some have opted to work "under the table" for cash.  Many are on the streets, in shelters, or living with family until something pops up.  Many look for a job on their own and not through the "employment offices" because their unemployment has ran out.  Those going from place to place are not counted.  In Alabama ours went down because many illegals went home and opened up some more jobs for legal Americans.  The economy is still bad.  Obama says the inflation rate is only 2 something %  yet my grocery bills have increased in one year by about 25%.  I don't buy a house every day, in which home prices are included driving down the inflation.  Obama is just cooking the books.  As you can see below, if the labor force was kept at 60+ percent, the unemployment rate would be about 10-12%. 

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low A month ago, we joked when we said that for Obama to get the unemployment rate to negative by election time, all he has to do is to crush the labor force participation rate to about 55%. Looks like the good folks at the BLS heard us: it appears that the people not in the labor force exploded by an unprecedented record 1.2 million. No, that's not a typo: 1.2 million people dropped out of the labor force in one month! So as the labor force increased from 153.9 million to 154.4 million, the non institutional population increased by 242.3 million meaning, those not in the labor force surged from 86.7 million to 87.9 million. Which means that the civilian labor force tumbled to a fresh 30 year low of 63.7% as the BLS is seriously planning on eliminating nearly half of the available labor pool from the unemployment calculation. As for the quality of jobs, as withholding taxes roll over Year over year, it can only mean that the US is replacing high paying FIRE jobs with low paying construction and manufacturing. So much for the improvement.
Chart below shows it all - that jump is not a fat finger!

And Labor Force Participation:

This is the largest absolute jump in 'Persons Not In Labor Force' on record...and biggest percentage jump in 30 years.