Author Topic: susan komen foundations cuts off planned parenthood killers..good for them..  (Read 1693 times)

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
  Komen Cuts Planned Parenthood Grants Months After Arrival Of New VP, Who Is Abortion Foe

Breast cancer charity giant Susan G. Komen for the Cure on Tuesday did not renew a grant to Planned Parenthood to fund breast exams. The move comes less than a year after Komen hired a new vice president, who has publicly stated her opposition to abortion, a service provided at some Planned Parenthood facilities.
Komen's new vice president, Karen Handel, had run for governor of Georgia in 2010 on an aggressively anti-abortion and anti-Planned Parenthood platform and was endorsed by Sarah Palin because of her opposition to reproductive choice. Handel wrote in her campaign blog that she "do[es] not support the mission of Planned Parenthood."
"During my time as Chairman of Fulton County, there were federal and state pass-through grants that were awarded to Planned Parenthood for breast and cervical cancer screening, as well as a 'Healthy Babies Initiative,'" Handel wrote. "Since grants like these are from the state I'll eliminate them as your next Governor." She also wrote that she opposes stem cell research and supports crisis pregnancy centers, which are unregulated, Christian-run operations whose main mission is to convince pregnant women not to have abortions.
After Handel lost the gubernatorial primary, Susan G. Komen for the Cure named her to be its senior vice president in April 2011.
Over the past five years, the Komen organization has given Planned Parenthood health centers the funds to provide nearly 170,000 clinical breast exams to low-income and uninsured women. But now, amid pressure from anti-abortion lawmakers and organizations, Komen has made the decision to cut off hundreds of thousands of dollars in grants to Planned Parenthood.
The Komen fund did not immediately return a call requesting comment.
Komen spokeswoman Leslie Aun said earlier that the cutoff results from the charity's newly adopted criteria barring grants to organizations that are under investigation by local, state or federal authorities. According to the organization, this applies to Planned Parenthood since it's the focus of an inquiry, launched by Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.), seeking to determine whether public money was improperly spent on abortions. Stearns' probe of Planned Parenthood and its handling of federal money had been urged by the anti-abortion group Americans United for Life.
Planned Parenthood said Komen's leadership did not respond to its requests to meet with the Komen board of directors about the decision. "We are alarmed and saddened that the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation appears to have succumbed to political pressure," said Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. "Our greatest desire is for Komen to reconsider this policy and recommit to the partnership on which so many women count."

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
good.  planned parenthood is a shill for the abortion industry and has nothing to do with breast cancer prevention.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Breast exams have everything to do with breast cancer prevention and nothing to do with abortion. 

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  Komen foundation is a foundation created to fund the pursuit of a cure for breast cancer has held back the $700,000 they usually give to Planned Parenthood.  The pursuit for a cure will not be affected unless perhaps in a very opositive way.
   Evidently, Komen figured too much of the funds they donated for a cancer cure were being spent killing babies..so they wanted to put their funds where they will do more real research.  We should be applauding Komen...if we are more interested in curing ..rather than killing..
  Some breast cancer cure institute(s) will still get the $700,000 and likely do more pure research with it !  Nothing to get all "whacked out" about ..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
Gonna be some backlash!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46243184/ns/health-womens_health/

crusty,

That is fine and dandy if Bloomberg wants to be an accomplice to murder.  We already know him for what he is.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
My Question is why is a charity set up to fund cancer research giving money to another company that has nothing to do with cancer research.  I think if I found the charaity I sent $ to was funding something else I would stop sending them $, If  I wanted to fund that cause, or company I would have given my $ there.
Should we be asking questions about all the charities and where the donations are going?
I often get calls and ask what portion of my $ gets to the cause, most get angry that I ask.  Most answer that about 10% get to the cause.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
Looks like they came to their senses!
Komen backs off decision on funding cuts   

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46243184/ns/health-womens_health/ 
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline BUGEYE

planned parenthood reminds me oh the HSUS.  they have never done a thing to help an animal.
if PP does breast exams, it has to be by hand.  they don't have mammogram equipment.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
The women of this nation spoke loud and clear.  The Backlash was too big and strong.  KOMEN backed down and have put Planned Parenthood back on their funding list. 

Planned Parenthood does more to help women with breast exams than any other organization in the country.  Cancer detection and treatment is the bulk of treatments performed by Planned Parenthood. 

People are under the misconception abortions are their only business, it is not.  They do a lot more good that is totally ignored. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
if PP does breast exams, it has to be by hand. 
Finally, a topic where I can mention this: I'm one of Planned Parenthood's Examiners, and let me tell you... it's unpaid volunteer work, but somebody has to do!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BUGEYE

if PP does breast exams, it has to be by hand. 
Finally, a topic where I can mention this: I'm one of Planned Parenthood's Examiners, and let me tell you... it's unpaid volunteer work, but somebody has to do!
;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

The women of this nation spoke loud and clear.  The Backlash was too big and strong.  KOMEN backed down and have put Planned Parenthood back on their funding list. 

Planned Parenthood does more to help women with breast exams than any other organization in the country.  Cancer detection and treatment is the bulk of treatments performed by Planned Parenthood. 

People are under the misconception abortions are their only business, it is not.  They do a lot more good that is totally ignored.
If I opened a grocery store and advised my lady customers to get a mammogram, would that qualify me for grants and donations?  that's all PP does.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
And I heard they even got more donations, good for them. ****
The less religion we have in our government, the better *

Offline BUGEYE

nah, they even get abortions for minors without parental consent.  they're more like acorn that a legitimate agency.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  There are myriad places where a legitimate breast exam can be had... even free clinics.  The bosses at PP have won a hollow victory... someday they can answer for their "take no prisoners" style concerning helpless babies..  Payday someday !

" Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction." (Proverbs 31:8)

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
For men, you folks sure love to stick your nose into women's business alot.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
For men, you folks sure love to stick your nose into women's business alot.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

So, if a husband wants to kill one of the kids because they can't "afford him/her, the wife should shut up and mind a woman's business???

" Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction." Proverbs 31 applies here too !

Offline BUGEYE

There are myriad places where a legitimate breast exam can be had... even free clinics.  The bosses at PP have won a hollow victory... someday they can answer for their "take no prisoners" style concerning helpless babies..  Payday someday !

" Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction." (Proverbs 31: 8)
that's right. and they won't be able to talk their way out of it.
it's a shame that people ignore eternity until it's too late.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
It's a shame that men don't mind their own business when it's comes to women folk's matters.  We have the fun and they do all the work for the rest of their lives and get nothing in return.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  Abortion is a great way for old men who are child molesters, to evade their proper consequences..PP "asks no questions"..they just rub them out !

Offline BUGEYE

It's a shame that men don't mind their own business when it's comes to women folk's matters.  We have the fun and they do all the work for the rest of their lives and get nothing in return.
maybe at YOUR house.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline m-g Willy

Everything my wife  does is my business. And it works both ways.
And your comment "'we have all the fun and they do all the work for the rest of their lives and get nothing in return"
I think my wife enjoyed some of the fun, and what she gets in return she considers priceless .
I feel sorry for any woman that ends up like what you described..

Offline m-g Willy

Yes ,,good for  em!
Because they won't be getting anymore from me.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Everything my wife  does is my business. And it works both ways.
And your comment "'we have all the fun and they do all the work for the rest of their lives and get nothing in return"
I think my wife enjoyed some of the fun, and what she gets in return she considers priceless .
I feel sorry for any woman that ends up like what you described..
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Right on m-g willy;
  A Godly marriage is a melding of two into one, as a husband it is our DUTY to make the wife's life as complete and happy as we possibly can.
  I indeed have trouble understanding a man who looks at his wife that way..  Seems like that would destroy her sense of personal worth and make her life miserable..

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
The child molesters live in your churches for a long time now.
The less religion we have in our government, the better *

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Andy; envy will get you nowhere... ;)   ;D    Or are you just angry because they're onto you and ran you off ?  ;)   ;D
..............................................................................................
    Touche !      Now, can we cease to exchange insults ?

Offline BUGEYE

actually you're kinda entertaining.  you always say something that makes no sense.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  Abortion is a great way.........

Actually it a great way for taxpayers to avoid paying to raise unwanted and unloved children who grow up to make the same mistake their parents did.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  No excuse for a professed CHRISTIAN to be promoting infantacide..none whatsoever..