Author Topic: susan komen foundations cuts off planned parenthood killers..good for them..  (Read 1685 times)

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
For men, you folks sure love to stick your nose into women's business alot.
NO, It is about me giving $ to a charity that is about curing or finding treatments for boob cancer.
If I wanted to give money to another company to fund them I would have donated to them?
I understand that some (OK most) of the $ I give goes to over head and salaries but I never suspected they were funding something completely different.
If I give money to the ASPCA, I expect them to feed and shelter dogs, not send kids to Boy Scout Camp Or the other way around if I hjand BSA money to send kids to summer camp I would not expect BSA to fund the ASPCA with my donation.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
The women of this nation spoke loud and clear.  The Backlash was too big and strong.  KOMEN backed down and have put Planned Parenthood back on their funding list. 

Planned Parenthood does more to help women with breast exams than any other organization in the country.  Cancer detection and treatment is the bulk of treatments performed by Planned Parenthood. 

People are under the misconception abortions are their only business, it is not.  They do a lot more good that is totally ignored.
You are right, of course, but we can't let facts get in the way of theocratic ideology!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  No excuse for a professed CHRISTIAN to be promoting infantacide..none whatsoever..

I agree and nobody is.....
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  No excuse for a professed CHRISTIAN to be promoting infantacide..none whatsoever..

I agree and nobody is.....
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Any Christian worth the name will say, "by not condemning infanticide you are promoting it !"

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

"All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing !"  ...  (Edmund Burke)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
If any infants were being harmed I'd be aginst it.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
If any infants were being harmed I'd be aginst it.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

God says they are infants;
    " Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."  (Jeremiah 1:5)
  Guess you'll have to explain it to Him someday..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
The Bible says if you hate anyone you are guilty of murder.  I see a whole lot of hate here everyday.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
The Bible says if you hate anyone you are guilty of murder.  I see a whole lot of hate here everyday.
folks hate the policies and their results, not the man.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
Having spent nearly my entire life around very religious people, I disagree.  They really know how to hate and hurt.

Offline BUGEYE

Having spent nearly my entire life around very religious people, I disagree.  They really know how to hate and hurt.
some people make up excuses to keep living a life of sin too.
you're sounding just like an atheist, so I will pray that you see the light before it's too late.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
PP makes most of their money on Abortion, anything else is outsourced.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline DDZ

People tend to get hate and disagreement mixed up. Like when Christians disagree with homosexuality or abortion, right away they are labeled haters, and nothing could be further from the truth. Actually the reason Christians disagree on matters like that are because of love for their fellow man, not hate.

Swampy Christianity is not a religion its a relationship with Christ. Are these the very religious people you refer to? Or are they people with religions like naturalism, humanism, pragmatism, utopianism, atheism, etc....?  I'm around many Christians, and I can't say that I have seen them hate and hurt. Maybe you should think about changing the crowd you hang with.

Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BUGEYE

PP makes most of their money on Abortion, anything else is outsourced.
that's right.... I googled "planned parent cancer treatment" and finally got tired of turning pages and not finding a single thing.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Guys,  I don't care what you think, I am very fortunate to have my darling wife with me today, all because her breast cancer was caught at Planned Parenthoods clinic.  Three times my wife has gone under the knife to have cancer removed from her body.  She is a fighter and a survivor.  And I still have her because Planned Parenthood does a good job with cancer screening.

Like Swampy said, this is women's business.  If you can't support women, then stay out of it.  You don't have a dog in this fight, I DO!

Goodbye, be back in a few days.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Nuke41

• Avid Poster
 Regardless of how you feel about abortion, its stunning how Komen managed in the end to alienate EVERYONE.  This will be a text book “how not to” case in college business and communication classes.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Sourdough;
  I say, thank God your beloved wife is with you yet !  However, PP is not the only place which provides breast cancer screening, there are plenty which do it free of charge..yes; even in Alaska;

Breast & Cervical Health Check
More than 14,000 Alaskan women screened in Alaska, the Alaska Breast and Cervical Health Check (BCHC) program offers free breast and cervical cancer screening to income eligible women ages 18 to 64 who do not have insurance, cannot meet their deductible or whose insurance does not pay for BCHC services. A Health Check starts with a Pap test and pelvic and clinical breast exams. Women 50 - 64 also receive a free mammogram. The YWCA of Anchorage ENCOREplus program can provide mammograms for women 40-49 from other funding sources. Screening Locations: Anchorage, Chugiak, Cold Bay, Cordova, Eagle River, Fairbanks, Homer, Juneau, Kenai, Ketchikan, King Cove, Kodiak, Palmer, Petersburg, Sand Point, Seward, Soldotna, Talkeetna, and Wasilla. To learn more about the program or find out if you are eligible, call us. If you live in Anchorage, call YWCA ENCOREplus at 644-9620.
Outside Anchorage, call 1-800-410-6266.
Or, you can visit our Web site: Women’s Health/ENCOREplus, for breast and cervical cancer outreach, education, and screening, weekly breast cancer support and exercise group, and Casting for Recovery annual retreat for breast cancer survivors; Call 644-9620
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Nationwide, our CDC does the same, in fact in most areas we are bombarded with commercials informing of locations where such examinations are taking place...

I just don't like the idea of supporting in any way; a gang which would save half of the potential breast cancer cases..by killing them before they are born...
   I see it as a bloody tradeoff !

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
I'm around many Christians, and I can't say that I have seen them hate and hurt.
They are wonderful as long as you stroke their fur the right way.  Like a cat rub it the wrong way and they hate like no other group on this planet.

I have no fellowship with "Christians" at all and have no desire for any.  I hang with sinners just as my father did.  They love me back, and we take care of one another.  I try to live a life and be an example to them.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
Feglow -care: restricting your freedom by telling you where to get a mamogram!
 And taking all your money so you meet the indigent requirement!
Haven't we heard this before?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Feglow -care: restricting your freedom by telling you where to get a mamogram!
 And taking all your money so you meet the indigent requirement!
Haven't we heard this before?
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Crusticular;
  Just what in tarnation are you talking about ?  Does anybody else know what he is saying ?  If so, please interpret..

Offline powderman

The child molesters live in your churches for a long time now.

andy. My goodness  you are sounding more and more like a former altar boy who  has a sad story to tell. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
The child molesters live in your churches for a long time now.
andy. My goodness  you are sounding more and more like a former altar boy who  has a sad story to tell. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Does he? How many altar boys have you known, Powderman, and what sad stories have you heard from them? Do share...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
OK how did this goes from a Charity equivelent of NEW COKE to this?