Author Topic: Vortex Fury 10x42  (Read 290 times)

Offline ejpaul1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Vortex Fury 10x42
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:43:24 AM »
I know these have been discontinued but thought I'd weigh in on them. I bought htese about three/4 years ago. Good glass for the money but the eyepieces cant take any dirt or sand. I am sending mine in tomorow to see how they are for repairs as the eyepieces are frozen. We boght these instead of steiner merlins which were like 150 bucks more. So far, I wish I would have bought the steiners as they really are better alltogether. But since i make these purchases about once every ten years, I am stuck with these. More as it develops.

Offline Rock Home Isle

• A Real Regular
  • This is Rock Home Isle
Re: Vortex Fury 10x42
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:08:21 AM »
I was at the gunstore in my area over the weekend, looking at scopes and a gentle man approached me  and told me about the Vortex Brand of scopes... I was intrigued to say the least. Let us know how your experience goes with this company. If the positive experiences contnue, I may just be looking to pick up a scope or two that are of the Vortex LIne.
  8)
“Lost?? Hmmm... been fearsome confused for a month or two, but I ain't never been lost!”
Henry Frap the "Mountain Men"

“Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Mother Gue said to me; ‘Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men.’  "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.”
Del Gue in "Jeremiah Johnson"

Offline ejpaul1

• Avid Poster
Re: Vortex Fury 10x42
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 05:02:13 AM »
The binoculars seem to be of good quality glass, over all construction to be good, but those eyecups are the only problem. I expect to send them off today or tomorow. I have since decided to try to buy hunting gear made here, and picked up a redfield 3-9x40 scope. Made here awesome for the money! the kicker is that thier Binoculars are made in china. Theyre kinda lousy to boot. Anyway, I like vortex's business model and customer support philosophy. I'll let you know.