Author Topic: Lets make drugs legal. Great stuff, we can handle it.  (Read 4558 times)

Offline briarpatch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lets make drugs legal. Great stuff, we can handle it.
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 07:21:12 AM »
I dont see how anyone can afford to smoke. Here in Fl. they are about 6.00 a pack that  I have seen.
It want be long before it will be a common sought after drug by crooks for resale, if not already.
Years and years ago I worked with a man that had owned a wholesale business. He shipped a semi truck load of cigs to I think NY. The big men were waiting on the load and he was caught and lost everything he had. He had to get a job to help pay for the lawyers. Dont know what the final outcome was but if you could make money then just think of now.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 07:42:59 AM »
If we could get rid of the drug users their would not be a drug trade.  I have my own ideas on what to do with them, but I doubt few here would agree.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 07:54:21 AM »
FREEDOM  ISN'T FREE
many have died FOR it
many more will die FROM it

you either believe in it  OR  you don't

a good dose of lead  will cure most thieves
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 08:59:43 AM »
I like how all Ron Paul supporters are now drug addicts.  You Foxers will try anything wont you. 

... TROLOLOLZ
sensible folks do wonder what's in the koolaid that RP hands out.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 10:20:40 AM »
I like how all Ron Paul supporters are now drug addicts.  You Foxers will try anything wont you. 

... TROLOLOLZ
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SSSam;
  Really, you must work on the old comprehension thing. In no way did I say all Ron Paul supporters are drug addicts !!
  Pardon me..but that smacks of the usual extrapolation and exaggeration of a statement...which liberal/leftists do so often..
  Here again is my statement..with the operative words highlighted, so you catch them:

"  Whether he meant it that way or not, I tend to think some of Ron Paul's support comes from druggies.  I believe that is why some of them are so fanatical in their support."

Hmmmm..totally different statement..isn't it !
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The wierd aspect I speak of has been going on for years..some people, while not admitting they are potheads, spend many hours and days pursuing the legalization of the weed.
  Try looking from the perspective of logic, rather than an emotion tied in with a weed.  Just suppose there was a law against smoking the Mountain Laurel plant in Pennsylvania.  Now you don't live there, but there are a few folks in East Podunk who just love to smoke Mountain Laurel.
  Does it make sense that YOU would campaign for and spend many days and hours fighting for, the right of a few addicts in East Podunk..to smoke  Mountain Laurel ?
  Come on; I might have been born on a Friday, but it wasn't LAST Friday !
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  Later note:  BTW..It is illegal to even pick Mountain Laurel in Pennsylvania..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 10:45:22 AM »
off topic,
what's a foxer?
if that's someone who watches fox news a lot, I must be one.
fox news talks a lot about Romney or Newt,  but when it comes to actually having someone in a live enterview, RP and Sarah Palin are tied for first.
so what about that makes someone a "foxer" when it's used as a kind of cuss word?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 11:41:24 AM »
Although not an everyday occurrence "cigarette burglaries" are becoming more common around my area at places that sell them.
GuzziJohn

Here too, tobacco is big bucks. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 11:54:51 AM »
Since drugs are already illegal why on earth would we have any drug problems at all?
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Simply because some learn by reading or seeing, others by seeing somebody try something stupid... then there are the few who just have to pee on the electric fence for themselves... ;)   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 10:30:15 PM »
Well Powderman you likely ain't going to agree with me.

I believe Mn. should send down a nice big salt truck the likes you folks NEVER see, 18 wheeler style. Fill it up to overflow with the oxana and spread it at a rate of roughly 1000# per linear mile. About ten applications and much of the drug problem will solve itself.

You cannot fix stupid and the sooner we quit trying the sooner nature will run it's course. Grizzly bears, Tigers, Lions, sharp scissors all used to thin the herd. No more, and look at us. 
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 01:09:30 AM »
what's a foxer?

A Foxer is somebody that drinks Fox News flavored Kool Aid and takes EVERYTHING they see on Fox News as fact without question.  The constantly regurgitate the information Fox News reports and have no concept of thinking critically.  There are lots of Foxers on this forum.

You cannot fix stupid and the sooner we quit trying the sooner nature will run it's course.

I think that statement sums it up well.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline powderman

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 04:05:07 AM »
I believe Mn. should send down a nice big salt truck the likes you folks NEVER see, 18 wheeler style. Fill it up to overflow with the oxana and spread it at a rate of roughly 1000# per linear mile. About ten applications and much of the drug problem will solve itself.

EQ. That reminds me of a Lou city cop many years ago. He proposed to park a loaded truck in the west end of Lou filled with booze of all kinds and a big assortment of drugs. 4 or 5 hrs later park another full of knives and straight razors. He said the problem would then take care of itself. THat man may have been smarter than I thought. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 05:31:34 AM »
what's a foxer?

A Foxer is somebody that drinks Fox News flavored Kool Aid and takes EVERYTHING they see on Fox News as fact without question.  The constantly regurgitate the information Fox News reports and have no concept of thinking critically.  There are lots of Foxers on this forum.

You cannot fix stupid and the sooner we quit trying the sooner nature will run it's course.

I think that statement sums it up well.
you must have not seen the part about RP and SP.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 02:40:14 AM »
I avoid major media news outlets soooo... Yeah.  I did miss anything Fox had to say about RP or RS. 

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 04:12:48 AM »
I avoid major media news outlets soooo... Yeah.  I did miss anything Fox had to say about RP or RS.
Fox treats RP better than the other candidates.  so by your logic, when they say something good about him, it's all lies.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 12:49:13 PM »
Fox treats RP better than the other candidates.  so by your logic, when they say something good about him, it's all lies.

Oh really? Sean Hannity rips Ron Paul every chance he gets and sucks up to Mitt Romney every chance he gets.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 01:26:06 PM »

Oh really? Sean Hannity rips Ron Paul every chance he gets and sucks up to Mitt Romney every chance he gets.

oh, so we judge the whole bunch on hannity?
I've seen many good interviews of RP on fox.
y'all say you don't watch fox, but y'all sure have lots of opinions about them.
they are more fair and balanced than any other news outlet.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »

You're the one who said "Fox" treats RP better than other candidates. Hannity treats RP like crap and so does Bill O'Reilly. They may not be the entire "Fox" but they both get a huge share of Fox's ratings. I obviously watch Fox if I know how these guys treat RP. My opinions about Fox come from the fact that I actually do watch them. I don't think they are more "fair and balanced" than the liberal stations, they just have a different agenda.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2012, 02:01:18 PM »

You're the one who said "Fox" treats RP better than other candidates. Hannity treats RP like crap and so does Bill O'Reilly. They may not be the entire "Fox" but they both get a huge share of Fox's ratings. I obviously watch Fox if I know how these guys treat RP. My opinions about Fox come from the fact that I actually do watch them. I don't think they are more "fair and balanced" than the liberal stations, they just have a different agenda.
well, don't watch hannity and o'reilly.  but the blanket statement about fox treating him badly is wrong.  so you prefer the "agenda" of cnn, msnbc, abc etc.?
the old phrase about catching more flies with honey than with vinegar is completely lost on RP folks. ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »
  Hannity definitely doesn't play up to Romney..if he were to favor one, I suspect it would be Santorum or Gingrich, since their politics are probably closer to Hannity than the other two.  I watch him regularly and I still don't know who he favors, or if he even does favor anyone.
I haven't seen hostility from either Hannity or O'Reilly towards any of the Republican candidates..but Hannity does exhibit a dislike for Obama's policies !
  Both have asked questions of each candidate..and they can sometimes be embarassing if the candidate has no solid, logical, explanation for his stated position.  Don't confuse fair..but tough question, with animosity..

Offline jakeemt

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »
FREEDOM  ISN'T FREE
many have died FOR it
many more will die FROM it

you either believe in it  OR  you don't

a good dose of lead  will cure most thieves

+ one man! Well put. You aught to be free to completely destroy your life and yourself should you so choose.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2012, 02:47:46 PM »

well, don't watch hannity and o'reilly.  but the blanket statement about fox treating him badly is wrong.  so you prefer the "agenda" of cnn, msnbc, abc etc.?
the old phrase about catching more flies with honey than with vinegar is completely lost on RP folks. ;D

You made the blanket statement that Fox treats RP better than the other candidates. I provided evidence to the contrary, two of their biggest rated hosts don't like him and don't treat him well. They are both part of Fox, therefore your blanket statement is not true. "Some" at Fox might like RP but certainly not "all" of Fox.

Nice try at putting words in my mouth BTW, could you point out where I said I prefer the agenda of cnn, msnbc, abc etc.? Didn't think so.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2012, 03:55:31 AM »

You made the blanket statement that Fox treats RP better than the other candidates. I provided evidence to the contrary, two of their biggest rated hosts don't like him and don't treat him well. They are both part of Fox, therefore your blanket statement is not true. "Some" at Fox might like RP but certainly not "all" of Fox.

Nice try at putting words in my mouth BTW, could you point out where I said I prefer the agenda of cnn, msnbc, abc etc.? Didn't think so.
response #48 by IG tells it like it really is.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2012, 04:05:13 AM »

Nice dodge.

This thread has three examples of O'Reilly and Hannity treating RP differently than they do the other candidates. For some reason I have strong feeling you'll ignore those facts but here they are anyway:

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,251502.0.html

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2012, 04:09:58 AM »
Both have asked questions of each candidate..and they can sometimes be embarassing if the candidate has no solid, logical, explanation for his stated position.  Don't confuse fair..but tough question, with animosity..

O'Reilly and Hannity have both asked RP repeatedly if he is going to run 3rd party, treating him from the beginning as if he has no chance. This is not fair since he they have never asked this question to any of the other candidates. Show me a link that has either Hannity or O'Reilly asking this same question to any other candidate and I'll eat my words.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2012, 04:50:36 AM »

Nice dodge.

This thread has three examples of O'Reilly and Hannity treating RP differently than they do the other candidates. For some reason I have strong feeling you'll ignore those facts but here they are anyway:

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,251502.0.html
I don't know what that has to do with this conversation. I posted a response there about fox programming.  anyway response #48 tells the complete story but you are apparently blinded to the facts.  something in RPs koolaid does severe eye damage ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jakeemt

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2012, 08:15:41 AM »
I am pretty sure this topic is about whether or not drugs should be legalized........not fox news.......

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2012, 08:56:02 AM »
Guns kill people. As long as there are guns, people will die. True statement, at least the second part. And they would if there were no guns. Drugs do not kill people. Taking the wrong drugs, in the wrong amounts, for the wrong reasons, cause some people to die. My father had liver cancer, they gave him 3-6 months. He made 5. He was in tremendous pain at the end. The doctor told him he would give him morphine, but it might cause addiction. Dad told him, if I am an addict, it wont be for long. I have known literally dozens of people whom were in similar situations, and doctors are afraid to prescribe some narcotic because some gung ho moralistic excretory orifice at the DEA has determined it is a bad thing. Some people have more or less addictive personalities. I smoked 3 packs a day in the 70's. I had children. I realized what I was doing to myself, and the impact it would have on them. I quit. No patch, no 12 step plan, just me. One day. I have had to fight the urge on strange occasions for nearly 30 years. It was not easy. For many it is impossible, and I do not fault them for that. But no THING is in and of itself evil or wrong, just in its application and use. I do know that criminalizing drugs has not had the desired effect, it had caused more misery than the drugs themselves. Completely deregulating them would not be good either. If we persist in this insane policy that we are now supporting, based on some authoritarian moralistic ideology, we will simply propagate the misery and death unabated into the future. We need a humane, libertarian policy of regulated use based on data driven analysis of outcomes.
Otherwise we are just like the Brady Foundation, OMG, Guns kill people.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2012, 08:56:58 AM »
2 thoughts come to mind:
- Its not what a man puts in his mouth that defiles him, but what comes out of his heart.
- The heart is deceitfullyl wicked, who can know it?

I've never used anything other than prescribed medications in my life, and that very sparingly. Tried tobacco, didn't take, same with alcohol. But I know firsthand the folly of demanding someone else's heart be other than it is. You cannot legislate the heart, it will pursue its own vices regardless of law ... as this article clearly demonstrates.
I'd rather see stiffer penalties for crimes against others, like theft, rape, assault, murder, than crimes against self.

The drugs in this article are presently illegal, yes? And yet they're rampantly available. There is nothing presently preventing anyone in the US from accessing any narcotic they want, or our children from having access for that matter. Where is the body of evidence to support the assumption that legalization will send us spinning into the abyss? Seems like we're already doing that with the laws in place.

Sex is legal, and yet my kids have abstained. No laws preventing them from driving my car off a bridge, and yet they've both abstained. They've also had opportunity to try drugs, and both have abstained. They both have access to firearms and ammunition, and neither has killed anyone. There are a myriad of self-destructive activities and substances that are readily available to my kids, and neither one have shown any interest in them.  Legality has not been the determining factor for them. Is that really the only thing standing between y'alls kids and drugs? the law? I hope not.
held fast

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2012, 09:28:26 AM »
TN, I sincerely hope your kids have done as you say, you could really be proud of them.
but I'm not so naive that I believe my daughter never did things that I told her to abstain from.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2012, 09:55:16 AM »
TN, I sincerely hope your kids have done as you say, you could really be proud of them.
but I'm not so naive that I believe my daughter never did things that I told her to abstain from.

I'll admit, we raised our kids different from most than even in the churches I've pastored. They have and will make mistakes I'm sure, and so far their Mother and I are the first people they turn to when it happens. They've just not made any self-destructive mistakes as I indicated above. When you shepherd the heart, instead of demanding behavior, you get behavior as well ... and our response to failure has cultivated a transparency from both of them that I never had with my folks. And its not from being raised in a bubble, or not having opportunity. They've lived all over the world, in various conditions, seen stuff that has driven other kids to drugs or suicide, all in the context of ministry. They've been on their own quite a bit, and had to walk it out on their own.

My daughter is at the Coast Guard Academy, has been approached by men and women, offered alcohol and drugs, had her integrity challenged on a monthly basis because of her reputation as a Ms. Goody 2 Shoes. She calls us up, or sends an email, and we pray and off she goes. She admits her anger, frustration, etc. Very open with her own failings. My son got hit on twice the other night at work, by men - one his boss, the other a customer. Girls do it all the time, but he's already found the one he's committed to so its like they don't exist. I know he's had access to all sorts of things, and he's told me all of this. We pray together as brothers in christ, and off he goes. This isn't braggadoccio ... this is how it could be for every family if we did it God's way.

I get skepticism when I share this, I don't expect folks to take words on the internet as truth. If you ever meet my kids, you can find out for yourself - some here have.

But to the topic, what is telling is that the law has not prevented them from having the opportunity or access to any drug, which is why I am skeptical that the law is having any effect, and why I have to conclude that the issue isn't access to drugs, its whats going on the hearts of men and women. There is no law to affect change in the heart, and its folly to try.
held fast