Author Topic: Clint Eastwood and Chrysler : Halftime in America  (Read 591 times)

Offline andy1300

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Clint Eastwood and Chrysler : Halftime in America
« on: February 07, 2012, 12:23:55 PM »
Yes things are getting better for lots of us in the US, but its going to be slow being whats going on at other places in
this world we live in. I still feel we all can do better working together, but thanks Clint I'm glad to heard from you !
The less religion we have in our government, the better *

Offline Gary G

Re: Clint Eastwood and Chrysler : Halftime in America
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:49:14 PM »
Clueless Clint thinks it is halftime. Really, it is the eye of the hurricane and the worst part is coming.

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 12:59:01 PM »
What the heck are you guys talking about? Just making comments with no link or reference for folks to see what it is you're talking about don't serve much of a purpose.

What remarks, when, where? He's hollyweird so why do we care anyway?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »
Halftime? Try approaching the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGMOhOYvcw4&feature=related
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 03:20:18 AM »
Rush Limbaugh has been playing a different version of the "Halftime in America" spot; it's better than Clint's Chrysler version.

Bill, I'd give you a link, but you have to be a Rush member to listen to it.  Otherwise if you listen to Rush on the radio, I'm sure he'll be playing it some more.
Swingem

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 03:29:27 AM »
I never saw anything that lead me to believe that was a Chrysler commerical when it ran on T.V.

That commerical cost $14 million taxpayers dollars.  That's why I'll always drive a Ford.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 05:30:11 AM »
(shrug) I liked Clint's superbowl ad. I thought he was riffing on his 'Walt' character from Gran Torino (which if you've not seen it, is an excellent film).

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 05:37:59 AM »
I never saw anything that lead me to believe that was a Chrysler commerical when it ran on T.V.

That commerical cost $14 million taxpayers dollars.  That's why I'll always drive a Ford.

I'll drive a Ford because it's better !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 05:50:40 AM »
That too....My first car was a 54 Ford Customline....I've tried a few Jap cars and they are ok but my new Ford has convinced me to stick with Ford from now on.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 05:52:00 AM »

Me too. My 1999 Jeep Cherokee recently went to the eternal road. It was a good vehicle but then again it was not a pure bred Chrysler it still had an AMC motor. Now I am back in a Ford full time. Now days Jeeps are nothting more than a pile of Chrysler crap with a Jeep logo on the hood. My sister is learning that the hard was as we speak.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 04:35:55 PM »

Me too. My 1999 Jeep Cherokee recently went to the eternal road. It was a good vehicle but then again it was not a pure bred Chrysler it still had an AMC motor. Now I am back in a Ford full time. Now days Jeeps are nothting more than a pile of Chrysler crap with a Jeep logo on the hood. My sister is learning that the hard was as we speak.

My 99 Jeep Cherokee is still going but it will be replaced by a Ford when it dies. Like you said, they are good because very little is Chrysler designed. Motor is an AMC holdover, Dana axles, Aisin transmission, New Process transfer case. The only problems that mine has had is intermittent gauge cluster dropouts. The gauge cluster of course is one of the parts designed by Chrysler.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783