Author Topic: Bushnell Banner BDC  (Read 904 times)

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
Bushnell Banner BDC
« on: February 10, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
I was just given a new "old" scope today, a Bushnell Banner 3x9x38, that has none of the target turrets included.  The scope has never been mounted, and I will use it anyway, but I wondered if anyone knew where I might buy some turrets for it?

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline LanceR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Bushnell Banner BDC
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:43:16 AM »
Umm....  Did you try Bushnell?

I had one of those back in 1977 on a Ruger No. 1.  I don't know how long or the made it or if they still do but I'd contact Bushnell.  If they haven't got them they may be able to tell you the names of some stocking distributors you could try.

Good Luck.

Lance

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 03:33:17 AM »
Bushnell tells me the scope is 28 years old, and there are no parts available.  I was hopeful some of the newer ones might fit, but it does'nt look that way.

Ben

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 09:18:23 PM »
I bought four or five of those back in the late 70s and early 80s.  Could not figure out the velocities they were supposedly calibrated to.  I put two on 30-06s, one on a 350 Rem Mag, and one on a 7mm Mag.  Dialing was way off.  I just used them as standard scopes, and used Kentucky elevation.  You know, an educated guess.  Worked sometimes. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 01:45:31 AM »
I'm sure  that's what I will do.  I've never owned a scope with BDC on it, but after talking with several friends, they say the same as you,....it doesn't work that well.

Thanks,

Ben

Offline LanceR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 03:01:03 AM »
Mine was on a 25-06 varmint rifle and I can't remember ever using the dials once I had it zeroed.

Lance