Author Topic: Mexico Is Out Of Control  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Mexico Is Out Of Control
« on: February 10, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
Heard this on the news tonight.

According to the State Department, Mexico is out of control.  American Tourist are being told to no go beyond two blocks from their resort.  Drug Cartel violence is running rampant, and the Mexican Government is powerless to do anything about it.

We don't need another war, we don't need another war, we don't need another war!  Marines, ready to return to the Halls Of Montazoma?
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Mexico Is Out Of Control
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:42:10 AM »
I saw that on the news last night too. Theres nothing in mexico I want. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 08:23:24 AM »
It's not so much that the Mexican Government is powerless to do anything about it as it's that the Mexican Government is corrupt and involved themselve's!

Offline scotsman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 08:47:21 AM »
There is something in Mexico that many americans want---drugs. As long as there is demand and huge sums of money, there will be those willing to do anything to reap those profits. It will only get worse.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:15:02 AM »
Sprithawk and scotsman you are both right.  The government down there is corrupt.  If officials are not on the take they don't last long.  The Drug Cartels are in control.  Our problem lies in when they decide they can move into the US and start doing the same things here.  They have already started the move, but not to the point they have gotten a lot of attention yet.  But as time goes by and our law enforcement agencies have a harder time controlling them, sooner or later the government is going to have to get involved.  Once the Mexican Government collapses, or is taken over completely by the Cartels, I see no alternative but to respond militarily to shut them down.  I'm hoping it won't come to that, but I don't see any other recourse myself.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 09:31:26 AM »
Sprithawk and scotsman you are both right.  The government down there is corrupt.  If officials are not on the take they don't last long.  The Drug Cartels are in control.  Our problem lies in when they decide they can move into the US and start doing the same things here.  They have already started the move, but not to the point they have gotten a lot of attention yet.  But as time goes by and our law enforcement agencies have a harder time controlling them, sooner or later the government is going to have to get involved.  Once the Mexican Government collapses, or is taken over completely by the Cartels, I see no alternative but to respond militarily to shut them down.  I'm hoping it won't come to that, but I don't see any other recourse myself.
yep, it'll be war at some future date.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »
Mexico is not a nation of laws--it is a nation of corruption and has always been.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 08:36:44 AM »
I have to give a big “DITTO” to William’s comments.

Anyone who thinks this is new has been living with their head in the sand.  Mexico has been corrupt for as far back as I can remember, the drug wars have increases the danger there and made it unsafe for travelers of any nationality.  The currupt police and military have been taking advantage of travelers, especially Americans for years. Years ago we would drive, in convey, from West Texas to several of the lakes in Mexico for bass fishing, it wasn’t uncommon to be stopped by the police and asked for “bribe” money in order to ensure our security while traveling through their section of road, we sometimes would get stopped several times both going and coming.  They have been know to confiscate everything some  people had, including boat, motor, trailer and tow vehicle with all their possessions leaving them stranded in the middle of nowhere. This was taking place back in the mid to late seventies, at that time the crooks were mostly law enforcement and military personnel.

I have reason to travel near the border frequently and don’t leave home today without being well armed, the violence in filtering across the border and one never knows when they might get caught in the middle of a drug war on American soil.  Many of the old time ranchers are leaving their rural properties for their own safety, they are afraid of the Mexican bandits that cross the border at will and have no mercy on those that get in their way.

I think a good place to place some of our returning war vet is along the Mexican border, but if we do I would like to see them provided live ammo with instructions to shoot to kill, that would at least help prevent the Mexican thugs from taking over the border states..

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 08:55:51 AM »
Mexico is ripe for pickings for a take over.  Just like the Tejanoes  the right band of men could whoop that whole bunch down and make something of that country. But they have to keep a close eye on their neighbors to the north.  ;)

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 11:27:15 AM »
Venezuela’s Chavez has had an eye on Mexico for quite a while.  He is currently working with the Russians and has given them an island off the coast to build a base in that area. Russia along with Iran is providing military assistance and technology to build weapons there.  Russia has already built a plant to manufacture AK-47s as well as tanks and light artillery pieces; they have also sold them ships to include nuclear subs. Iran is providing the knowledge to build long range missiles weapons for them. 

Left alone I wouldn’t be surprised to see him attempt to take over Mexico either through a puppet government or by a military take over. 

Bottom line, we are not dealing with a Castro, this clown not only has the funds to support a war, he has the manpower and I’m sure there are enough crazies in that part of the world willing to join forces with Chavez, this should cause us to pay attention not only Venezuela, but to Mexico as well.  He has aalready stated he has his sights on the US

Offline anachronism

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 04:38:36 PM »
But the Russians are our friends, and so are the Mes'kins. They wouldn't do anything to us. Many Mexicans are still demanding we return Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California & Nevada to them, since we aquired them illegally (in their eyes).

Offline osokusmc

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 04:45:17 PM »
Some comedian was suggesting that we take over Mexico, then keep heading south.  By the time we owned all the way to the Panama canal, we wouldn't have a very long fence to build to secure our southern border.

Offline Goatwhiskers

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 02:57:03 AM »
Somalia--south of the border.  Goat

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 04:52:47 AM »
Boys, we did take it from them--illegal is in the eye of the winner.
Take off the blinders boys. Everything on this earth is fair game for take-over.
Read your history.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 05:45:26 AM »
We already conquered them once, then walked out and gave the country back to them.  If we have to go in again, why not keep the whole shabang.  Think of all the retirement communities.  Florida and Arizona would have competition.  Rog
What Is A Veteran?

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 06:54:08 AM »
Marines, ready to return to the Halls Of Montazoma?
Sourdough is right, we don't need another war, esp not a war of conquest (which is where the jarhead hymn came from). And the Mexicans who will  be killed by our soldiers don't need a war.
Many Mexicans are still demanding we return Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California & Nevada to them, since we aquired them illegally (in their eyes).
Illegal? I don't know... is a war of conquest illegal, or just immoral? Didn't we go to war against Iraq for something like that in '91?

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 07:53:49 AM »
We do need to stop all the cross border incursions, and Americans being killed.  The Mexican Government won't do anything about it, and  their Military is often the ones doing it.  The Drug Cartels own the Government.  It will reach a point where we will have no other choice.  Mexico has never had a government where corruption was not the driving force.  They have proven they are incapable of producing a legitimate non-corrupt government, so it is time someone cleans the place up.

Let's look at their neighbors.  Belieze is scared to death of Mexico.  But since they don't have any thing Mexico (the Drug Cartels) leaves them alone.  Guatamolia, they are just as corrupt as Mexico, with Death Squads running rampant, killing the indiginous people who try and make a rise in their economical standard.  then there is the US.  We have gone in and kicked butt once before.  Then we walked out and let them continue the same old thing. 

OK, now it's time to do it again.  We have to stop the Border crossings, the Mexican Military supporting Drug Runners, and open war fare on this side of the border.  Since we are going to be going into the country again, this time we need to do something different.  This time once we have proven our point, instead of surrendering the country back to a corrupt government, we need to leave enforcement personnel in place.  Since they can not or will not install a non corrupt government we just need to stop this once and for all.  Annex them and make them a territory, then see how it goes.  Odds are most of the northern states will opt to become part of the United States of America real soon.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 07:58:56 AM »
Here's an idea: let Americans grow their own weed. It'll reduce demand for stuff from south of the border.

of course, that'll never fly - waaaay too many people in gov't and law make bank on the status quo.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 01:32:15 AM »
Heck fire boys--there is a lot of home grown in America already---get ready for this---most of it is grown by illegals.
Well, at least from the pot farms that are broken up in my neck of the woods.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 02:40:11 AM »
Not sure why any country would want to invade this country. Couple years from now this place will be in worse shape than Mexico, up to our ears in debt to China, a welfare state next to none. And we're close to having a govt. now that compare's to Mexico. At least they have warm weather all the time. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 07:24:15 AM »
I have never smoked Pot, never had the desire, to smoke pot.  But several of my friends from high school are pot smokers.  A friend in Florida will go out to the garage after dinner most nights, put some pot in a tiny pipe, and take two or three hits off it, then let it die.  I asked one day where he got his pot, if it was part of what was being shipped across the border.  No, he gets it from a close friend.  She raises just enough for her own use and to give some to special friends.

Many of the people he has introduced me to while I am down there are pot smokers.  Really, really nice people, just like you and me in all aspects but one.  They just have that one vice, they smoke pot in the evening after dinner, just before bed.  OK, I don't have a problem with that.  They never try and get me to smoke it with them, but they don't hide it either.  Actually how do I know many of you are not quietly smoking a bit of pot just as they do?  No, I don't mean to start you guys screaming, I'm just being honest about how I see things.  Personally I think most of you guys are like me and would not ever consider smokeing  pot for any reason. 

But the point I am trying to make here is that all the pot they smoke is locally grown.  Nothing from across the border.  So if we relaxed the grow laws, it just might reduce the money going to the Cartels.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »
Didn't Alaska allow growing of several plants for personal use some years back and then it got repealed? I think many would be surprised at how many "closet" smokers there are out there. Why do we imprison people who have a few hits in the privacy of their own home in the land of the free?
GuzziJohn

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 08:46:49 AM »
back in, I think 72,  I smoked a joint at a friends house.  first I got the munchies, then I puked,then I headed home.  I would see things like billboards right in front of me but it took forever to get to them.
I would see oncoming headlights and it seemed that at the last minute I would discover that I was in their lane.  by Gods grace I got home.
next day I was trying to do yardwork, and I would catch myself leaning on my rake handle doing nothing.
driving home I was definitely impaired.
if we could be assured that folks would smoke it and go to bed, that's one thing, but it affected me like 6 or 8 beers.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 09:57:21 AM »
Quote from BUGEYE:
"back in, I think 72,  I smoked a joint at a friends house.  first I got the munchies, then I puked,then I headed home.  I would see things like billboards right in front of me but it took forever to get to them.I would see oncoming headlights and it seemed that at the last minute I would discover that I was in their lane.  by Gods grace I got home.
next day I was trying to do yardwork, and I would catch myself leaning on my rake handle doing nothing.
driving home I was definitely impaired.
if we could be assured that folks would smoke it and go to bed, that's one thing, but it affected me like 6 or 8 beers."

Sounds like that joint had more than just maryjane in it from the reaction you describe. It was not uncommon back in the 70s to mix opium with the maryjane.
GuzziJohn

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 10:10:36 AM »
guzzi, I don't know.  but my buddy sure knew that I would kill him if I found out he had done that.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 10:12:22 AM »
I have always believed that we could keep our military happily employed patrolling the northern and southern borders, the inner waterways, and coast lines of our country.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »
I have always believed that we could keep our military happily employed patrolling the northern and southern borders, the inner waterways, and coast lines of our country.

I agree and that they would be put to much better use doing so than playing nursemaid to some radical foreign government.

Bugeye, I agree with guzzi and your friend likely didn't add it, it's simply the way it was cured and quite common in the 70's. Nausea is a very common side effect of Opium, that's why I think guzzi is right, and from hearing your reaction. In the hospital when they give someone Morphine they also give something to fight the resulting nausea.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 02:47:13 PM »
It's legal in Alaska to have I think up to 3 plants.  And there is a limit on how much you can have.  It's enough for personal use.  Anything more and you are classified as a producer and you will go to jail.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 02:56:06 PM »
   until we start fighting wars in the correct manner in which to win, we should stay out of them.    and that isnt going to happen until an attack happens on us that makes 9/11 look like child's play.     the road ahead scares the hell out of me.   

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »

But the point I am trying to make here is that all the pot they smoke is locally grown.  Nothing from across the border. 

That's what they told you anyway. ::)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME