Author Topic: iran prepares suicide bomb boats.  (Read 908 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
iran prepares suicide bomb boats.
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:26:48 AM »
  U.S. Navy: Iran prepares suicide bomb boats in GulfReutersBy Warda Al-Jawahiry | Reuters – 3 hrs ago        
  • MANAMA (Reuters) - Iran has built up its naval forces in the Gulf and prepared boats that could be used in suicide attacks, but the U.S. Navy can prevent it from blocking the Strait of Hormuz, the commander of U.S. naval forces in the region said on Sunday.
    Iran has made a series of threats in recent weeks to disrupt shipping in the Gulf or strike U.S. forces in retaliation if its oil trade is shut down by sanctions, or if its disputed nuclear program comes under attack.
"They have increased the number of submarines ... they increased the number of fast attack craft," Vice Admiral Mark Fox told reporters. "Some of the small boats have been outfitted with a large warhead that could be used as a suicide explosive device. The Iranians have a large mine inventory."
"We have watched with interest their development of long range rockets and short, medium and long range ballistic missiles and of course ... the development of their nuclear program," Fox, who heads the U.S. Fifth Fleet, said at a briefing on the fleet's base in the Gulf state of Bahrain.
Iran now has 10 small submarines, he said.
Military experts say the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet patrolling the Gulf - which always has at least one giant supercarrier accompanied by scores of jets and a fleet of frigates and destroyers - is overwhelmingly more powerful than Iran's navy.
But ever since al Qaeda suicide bombers in a small boat killed 17 sailors on board the destroyer U.S.S. Cole in a port in Yemen in 2000, Washington has been wary of the vulnerability of its huge battleships to bomb attacks by small enemy craft.
Asked whether the U.S. Navy was prepared for an attack or other trouble in the Gulf, Fox said: "We are very vigilant, we have built a wide range of options to give the president and we are ready... What if it happened tonight? We are ready today."
Iranian officials have threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz, the outlet to the Gulf through which nearly all of the Middle East's oil sails.
Asked if he took Iran's threats seriously, Fox said: "Could they make life extremely difficult for us? Yes they could. If we did nothing and they were able to operate without being inhibited, yeah they could close it, but I can't see that we would ever be in that position."
He added that diplomacy should be given priority in resolving the tension.
"So when you hear discussion about all this overheated rhetoric from Iran we really believe that the best way to handle this is with diplomacy... I am absolutely convinced that is the way to go. It is our job to be prepared. We are vigilant."
Contacts between the U.S. Navy and Iranian craft in the Gulf region were routine, Fox said, referring to cases where his sailors helped Iranian ships that were in distress or threatened by pirates.
In addition to commanding the Fifth Fleet, Fox is also the commander of a multinational naval task force charged with ensuring Gulf shipping routes stay open. Although most of its firepower is American, the task force also includes other Western countries and the Gulf Arab states.
The European Union slapped an embargo on Iranian oil last month, which is due to kick in completely by July 1. The United States and EU have both imposed new sanctions on Iran's central bank which make it difficult for countries to pay Tehran for oil and for Iran to pay for the goods it imports.
(Corrects date of Cole attack in para 7, fixes typo in paragraph 10)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: iran prepares suicide bomb boats.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 07:14:22 AM »
Ummmm, Excuse me, Pman....but are you aware of the anti-ship missile weapons the Iranians have and numbers, and versions..? before you consider crazy suicide stories. You might want to look up Sunburn, Yahont anti-ship  missles....you might want to look at their torpedeo capability, too..I understand they have a 320km/hr torpedo.  This little war will not be like blitzkrieging Iracq or Afghanistan; or shooting up defenseless Palestinians...there may be some real adversity in this war...Also, it appears that Russia and China have signed on militarily with Iran .
BTW, my understanding is the isrealis can NOT attack Iran alone,,,they must do it with the US approval and assistance because the USA is integral with their air defenses..hardware, software, or whatever.
TM7
It's cheaper with suicide idiots than to fire expensive missles.  and those folks have a different mindset than we do.  they want to make it personal.
but I'm sure that our brave boys and girls know how to keep'em away from the carrier.
and Israel don't need our approval.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »
but I'm sure that our brave boys and girls know how to keep'em away from the carrier.

LMFAO....Do you have any idea what it would take to get within stike range of a US aircraft carrier with a suicide boat?  A complete and total miracle on the suicide bombers' part.  Ya....i dont see that happeneing.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
Yeah, those boats can't do more than 50 knots in those seas. A dozzen 50 caliber rounds will throw up a wall of water that will take them out in a second. The submarines and missiles will be the real headache. The Navy has little to worry about considering a first strike. That will be saved for a Super Tanker or two for a distraction before everything hits the fan. Those suicide boats are like pointing a BB gun at our ships, while they're positioning the missile launchers.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 09:54:24 AM »
Has anyone actually heard the Iranians say this or as usual is it all media. The problem is, we dont know what is said or done. We are the pawns used to take what the elite want. All they have to do is start the war.
The clown and his puppet masters want all of islam under the muslim brotherhood. iran and syria watch out.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 09:59:33 AM »
Torpedo doing 320 what??
Not ever going to happen unless it can have a warp drive.

BTW you may not be able to crash a small boat into a carrier but you will have trouble stopping a number of missiles.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 10:09:28 AM »
With all respect to THE U.S.NAVY which I do believe is the finest in the world . The British Navy learned a hard lesson in the Fauklands a few years back. NEVER EVER UNDERSTIMATE YOUR ENEMY NEVER !
What would the US navy do if a small ship/boat loaded with women and children headed for a war ship looking like they were trying to escape but in reality had a bomb on board . Our enemy is not like us !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 10:22:57 AM »

LMFAO....Do you have any idea what it would take to get within stike range of a US aircraft carrier with a suicide boat?  A complete and total miracle on the suicide bombers' part.  Ya....i dont see that happeneing.
uh swift, my post agrees with you.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 10:27:33 AM »
With all respect to THE U.S.NAVY which I do believe is the finest in the world . The British Navy learned a hard lesson in the Fauklands a few years back. NEVER EVER UNDERSTIMATE YOUR ENEMY NEVER !
What would the US navy do if a small ship/boat loaded with women and children headed for a war ship looking like they were trying to escape but in reality had a bomb on board . Our enemy is not like us !
that's right.  it would be hard to pull the trigger on a boat like that.
it would save lives, but the shooter would be villified in the USA by the liberals.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »

Very true, not like  us at all. The women and children are expendable, simple commodities to those without god in their lives. IF, and I do mean IF, these boats are used it will go something like this. Boats approach at hi speed on a collision course with navy warships. They get blown out of the water filled with women and children out joyriding. Obummer quickly appologizes to all of his brethren for the murderous acts of Americans, helping turning the world against us with the help of his mindless followers. The next several boats wil be fully loaded with xplosives and succeed, thanks to obama and his mentally challenged supporters. BOOOOOMMMM. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
uh swift, my post agrees with you.

Bugeye, wasnt saying you thought otherwise. Sorry, if my post was misleading.

Powderman, have you ever been on an aircraft carrier? Know the operational procedures of it?  As far as the Cole, oh, we learned big time about that. The carrier, is going to be WAY out at sea with an all seeing eye that will be able to see things coming for miles- I mean miles.  It's the most protected ship in the fleet- and that fleet is the most powerful warhorse in the world outside of nuclear intervention.  Frigates, amphibious ships and some other smaller vessles may have a little higher risk, but with all the suicide bombings that take place in that part of the world I am sure that curent US naval operations have a big personal space that doesnt like to be messed with.  Even bigger than when I was in.  I was on an amphibious vessle and a Green Peace ship decided that they were going to mess with us a little by coming into out "personal space". Big mistake.  They were persuaded to leave the area immediatly.  That was Green Peace, a non-combatant unit. Think about that.

Someone else said it.  We have a higher risk of the missles and more conventional tactics.

Offline Flash

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »
Torpedo doing 320 what??
Not ever going to happen unless it can have a warp drive.

BTW you may not be able to crash a small boat into a carrier but you will have trouble stopping a number of missiles.

Lol...I missed that one. The gyro couldn't even correct the trim tabs at half that speed. Can you imagine what the prop wash would look like?

Offline Flash

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 02:23:06 PM »

Fire on it and sink it.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 02:53:48 PM »
Why is the United States spoiling for another war? Havent enough of our people already been killed?  Arent we already enough in enough debt from the other wars?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »
I mean I can just see the headlines now...One of these boats is going to miraculously get through one of our ship's defenses and that will be all the justification that the political machine needs to drag us in to yet another war.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 04:06:49 PM »
Why is the United States spoiling for another war? Havent enough of our people already been killed?  Arent we already enough in enough debt from the other wars?

Amen to that brother.  Bring em all home.  Osama is dead.  Hussein is dead.  Mission accomplished.

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »
supercavitating torpedos exceed 200 mph. Lakota, spot on.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 03:14:04 AM »
The British Navy learned a hard lesson in the Fauklands a few years back. NEVER EVER UNDERSTIMATE YOUR ENEMY NEVER !

I believe our boys in Iraq and Afghanistan learned the very same lession against IED's and RPG's.  We are too dependant on our technology.  If we get involved in Iran it will bog us down in another 12 years of war.  We need to stay out of it, bring our boys home.  If we would lessen our dependance on foriegn oil we wouldn't be worried about Iran right now.  Besides we have too much debt and a much greater concern about National Security on our Southern Border. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »
Singleshotsam,

Excellent post, sir.  Yes, we should bring our boys home.  We cannot afford further involvement in Afghanistan, or any of Obama's wars, either.    You are correct in that we should develop our own energy resources.  Furthermore, you are right in that we should secure the borders and expel the criminal invaders.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto