Author Topic: Another One...  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Re: Another One...
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »
I support the death penalty in ONLY two cases: (1) child molestation 2nd offence; and (2) the murder or attempted murder of an elected public official.

The 1st molestation charge could have been caused by a mad ex-wife.  The murder or attempted murder of an elected public official is a crime against us all.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 12:18:14 PM »
junior. An elected official is no different than anybody else, murder is murder and murderers should pay with their life. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 12:57:44 PM »
junior. An elected official is no different than anybody else, murder is murder and murderers should pay with their life. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
that's right.  a life is a life no matter who it is.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »

I thought you were pro-life?

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »

Cheese
here we go again ::)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 01:23:47 PM »
No, the murder of an elected official is a crime against us all.  If I murder my wife, if I had one, the crime is mostly against her and her family.

Offline jimster

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »
that's right.  a life is a life no matter who it is.

Agreed...elected officials need no special laws for themselves. 
I would say I also support the death penalty if a criminal needs killing before the police or court can intervene, you get to be the judge and jury and executioner right away, money saved, no time goes by, and no lawyers to plea bargin.  The last several self defense shootings in Michigan worked out just fine, some bg's got the death penalty on the spot.  Not enough time for people to get all emotional and mess things up. 

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 01:34:30 PM »
the murder or attempted murder of an elected public official

There was a school of thought years back that a man that killed a police officer, must have the audacity to kill anyone.  I dont think that same thought process is used today.

Child molesters.....thats a whole other ball of wax.  The only real fix for a child moletser is to remove the sexual drive from them.  In men, I believe thats removing the berries. Its like a drug to them.  However, a drug hype gets out of jail and can make an attempt to stay away from drugs.....kids are everywhere.  Alot of mental health professionals think CMs actually have a mental disease.  From what I have seen in the system, I am kind of one the fence about it.

Most murders (at least in Indiana) are broken down into types of murder and types of manslaughter and the sentacing is put into place for each.  I personally dont think that a man that walks into his house, finds his wife and boyfriend in the act, and without thought kills them both on the spot deserves to be executed.  Imprisoned- yes.  That's a whole crime of passion thing.  Now change that up.  He leaves the house and divorces his wife.  2 yrs after the divorce he runs them both through a wood chipper.  That's premeditated and that could land him on death row.

Killers of children (premeditated) should be a garanteed death setance.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 01:35:37 PM »
No, the murder of an elected official is a crime against us all.  If I murder my wife, if I had one, the crime is mostly against her and her family.

So the life of an elected official is more valuable than the life of a non politician?
 What if its just the dog catcher?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline powderman

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »

How can you possibly compare murdering a child with putting down a rapist or murderer?? Get real. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Cheese
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »
Meanwhile:

http://news.yahoo.com/lawyer-life-prison-unfair-underwear-bomber-232927997.html

DETROIT (AP) — A mandatory life sentence for a Nigerian who tried to blow up a Detroit-bound plane is cruel and unfair, a defense attorney said Monday as he asked a judge to declare the punishment unconstitutional.
No one aboard Northwest Airlines Flight 187 except Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was physically injured, Anthony Chambers said. Abdulmutallab's groin was severely burned when he tried to ignite a bomb in his underwear.
Abdulmutallab is returning to court for his sentence Thursday, four months after he pleaded guilty to trying to destroy an Amsterdam-to-Detroit flight on Christmas 2009. He said he was acting on behalf of al-Qaida. Two of the crimes carry a mandatory sentence of life in prison.
Abdulmutallab "fully accepted responsibility for his actions but the need for proportionality in terms of sentencing is paramount," Chambers said. "A mandatory life sentence under these circumstances is excessive."
Abdulmutallab, the well-educated son of a wealthy Nigerian banker, is representing himself, with Chambers assisting him as his standby counsel. Four or five passengers, just a slice of the nearly 300 people who were aboard Flight 187, are expected to speak at the court hearing this week.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Proving that there is really no limit to what the liberal mindset is capable of when it comes to trying to coddle even the most murderous of offenders! :o
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline lakota

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »
There must have not been any elected officials flying on that plane that day hence the claim that the life sentence is unconstitutional! ;)

Offline powderman

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 03:32:16 PM »
CUTS CROOKED. Well shucks, it's not like anybody got hurt except him. Good that his gene pool was stopped.
Somebody, ANYBODY, give me a reason for us to keep this animal alive. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »

Child molesters.....thats a whole other ball of wax.  The only real fix for a child moletser is to remove the sexual drive from them.  In men, I believe thats removing the berries. Its like a drug to them.  However, a drug hype gets out of jail and can make an attempt to stay away from drugs.....kids are everywhere.  Alot of mental health professionals think CMs actually have a mental disease.  From what I have seen in the system, I am kind of one the fence about it.

Hmmm? I seem to recall that "nuttin" em doesn't always work either...it's mind thing with them. As for the "mental desease" angle, if they were "cured" then they should feel so horrible about what they did that they would want to die..............
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 04:57:56 PM »
I support the death penalty in ONLY two cases: (1) child molestation 2nd offence; and (2) the murder or attempted murder of an elected public official.

The 1st molestation charge could have been caused by a mad ex-wife.  The murder or attempted murder of an elected public official is a crime against us all.

Junior I'm shocked. I thought you liberals only wanted to kill the unborn.

I am 100% pro life, 100% anti-abortion and 100% anti-death penalty.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2012, 12:08:53 AM »

Make no mistake about cheesehead, we absolutely have some members here that will go on one thread and condemn you to an eternal barbecue for accepting one form of killing, then they will go into another thread and absolutely talk about how acceptable another form of killing is.  Hair splitting 101 at it's best

Killing is killing isn't it?.......Isn't it?............Isn't it? ::)   ::)

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2012, 12:55:59 AM »
Ah, don't let a couple trolls wreck an interesting thread. 

This discussion has really made me do some thinking about the subject.  I really do take the stance on this that it's better that a person who is guilty go free because there was not enough solid evidence to prosecute him than let an innocent person go to prison and suffer a horrible life for a crime they didn't commit.  Much less die for a crime they didn't commit

As long as there is 100% certainty that the criminal is the one that committed a crime I am fine with issuing a death penalty.  But if there is any uncertainty upon the jury or judge in the matter then they should not issue it.

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 02:14:59 AM »
As long as there is 100% certainty that the criminal is the one that committed a crime I am fine with issuing a death penalty.  But if there is any uncertainty upon the jury or judge in the matter then they should not issue it.

Excellent Mode of operation.  I agree with you.  This is why we allow death row offendes to file a certain amou t of appeals before the execution is performed.  We have had offenders that went from death row to life in prison based on the appeal system that is in place.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2012, 02:40:31 AM »
I used to favor the death penalty, did so for most of my life. A couple things changed my mind:

I just can't see Jesus doing the killing.
I had a run-in with the feds which completely turned my view of 'justice' and our system upside down. I learned that it ain't about justice, it's about power and WINNING.
I seen 'guilty' persons exonerated, and to drive home the point I've seen prosecutors repeatedly resist efforts to exonerate the innocent
5. I remember those daycare child abuse hysteria which were scandals, because of the damage done to innocent people by prosecutors with power to destroy lives
Nope... DO NOT trust the state with the power to kill. Not a bit.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 03:34:04 AM »
....Nope... DO NOT trust the state with the power to kill. Not a bit.
That sums it up.

Offline lakota

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2012, 04:14:51 AM »
....Nope... DO NOT trust the state with the power to kill. Not a bit.
That sums it up.

Unless the victim is a politician then the State can kill away with impunity.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2012, 04:21:39 AM »
How about less government and take away their ability to execute.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline lakota

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2012, 04:26:24 AM »
How about less government and take away their ability to execute.

Cheese

Sounds good to me

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2012, 05:18:21 AM »
As long as there are high paid lawyers, liberal judges and juries the guilty will continue to walk free.
This guy was  conservative, law-n-order prosecutor who didn't like liberal judges, either - and he was a locus of evil, responsible for false prosecutions of many citizens, destruction families, and general wrong for many years. He now collects a pension.
http://truthinjustice.org/ed-jagels.htm

Today, the Bakersfield molestation trials -- and the dozens of similar molestation cases that rippled across America in the 1980s -- are widely acknowledged to have been a witch hunt, a sort of mass hallucination born of fear and misconception. Since 1991, all but five of the twenty-nine convictions secured by Jagels have been overturned. Yet Jagels continues to stand by all of the wrongful prosecutions, without exception. He has fought the release of every parent, insisting, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that justice was done. He has also continued to rule Kern County with an iron fist.
During his twenty-two years in office, Jagels has become the most feared man in Bakersfield -- and one of the most ruthless prosecutors in the country. In the ongoing war on crime that he is waging, defendants are guilty until proven innocent, the Constitution is treated as an impediment to law enforcement and vendettas are subject to prosecution. Under Jagels, Kern County has the highest incarceration rate in the state, a fact proudly trumpeted on the DA's Web site. The city's reputation even extends to nearby Los Angeles, where residents joke about the danger of visiting Bakersfield: "Go on vacation, leave on probation." "Ed Jagels will stop at nothing to do someone in if they cross him," says a former prosecutor under Jagels who asked not to be identified. "He is really poison. They call him J. Edgar Jagels. Hoover had so much dirt on people and so much power, you couldn't take him out. That's the way Ed is."
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline powderman

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2012, 05:24:42 AM »
http://www.whas11.com/news/Suspect-in-5-killings-in-SE-Ind-pleads-guilty-139357303.html

You guys want to care for this guy the rest of his life?? I don't. He killed 5 people. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2012, 05:30:40 AM »
Yep.
GuzziJohn

Offline powderman

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2012, 05:52:51 AM »
http://www.wave3.com/story/16701719/police-mom-cut-baby-girls-throat

guzzi. This one slit her babys throat, you want to care for her for life too??  POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2012, 05:56:45 AM »
http://www.whas11.com/news/Suspect-in-5-killings-in-SE-Ind-pleads-guilty-139357303.html

You guys want to care for this guy the rest of his life?? I don't. He killed 5 people. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

pman, this guy will probably get the death penalty. 

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2012, 06:00:40 AM »
http://www.wave3.com/story/16701719/police-mom-cut-baby-girls-throat

guzzi. This one slit her babys throat, you want to care for her for life too??  POWDERMAN.  :o :o
If anyone deserves to be put to death, this is it.
I almost gagged when I read it.  she's in the same category as rabid dogs.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2012, 06:06:28 AM »
Powderman we've all stated what we believe.  Knock off with this nonsense. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."