Author Topic: 12 weeks in the womb  (Read 2114 times)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
12 weeks in the womb
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:10:39 PM »
legal to kill in all 50 states.  needs constitution protection, don't ya think.

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: 12 weeks in the womb
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:21:12 PM »
  Bugeye, I agree 100%.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »
But but but, that looks like a baby, not a blob. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:36:48 PM »
If you whack it on the bottom and it breathes and cries, and it does not require extraordinary measures to stay alive, I would say you have a person. If it does not, it IS not. I deal with this on a daily basis. Babies born with their insides outside, incomplete organs, all types of brain damage, mental retardation, psychotic disorders etc. Babies born to addicted parents, babies with genetic defects, or just to parents who cant handle it. They can cost anywhere from 50K to 300K or more a year to care for. They can live in some cases for normal lifespans, but thankfully most are somewhat shorter. Over an 80 year lifespan, for very serious condition, say 250K, that would be 20 MILLION dollars. A great deal of this could be avoided through very vigorously promoting birth control, or sterilization in some cases. Many very primitive religious types even have problems with birth control being available. The depth of ignorance and lack of thought there is simply unfathomable. They may try to heap punishments on those that produced the child, that is useless, they are already destroyed as a person, which either resulted in, or from the child. Regardless, it does not change the situation.
   I know that there are healthy embryo's that are aborted, and that is unfortunate, I do not favor it a means for birth control. The morning after pill that prevents implantation in the uterine wall would be the preferred method if regular birth control is not available or has thought to be compromised. I see little reason to let an unplanned or unwanted  pregnancy to actually develop any farther than necessary, so there is some room for agreement on the practice of "partial birth abortions".
    When my wife was pregnant with our daughter amniocentesis was brand new. The doctor told us that there was little but always some risk with any procedure. If we were not prepared to take action, there was no use to have it. We discussed it, we did it. Everything came up clean. We have a daughter. If it had come back with significant genetic markers, we would not.
    Many here and in like forums are really angry at socialized medicine, the thought of government control of health care. Me too. The thought of not being able to get pain medication for the dying because it is a narcotic for example. Or chemotherapy patients facing pain and nausea because of someones self righteous ideas keep them from smoking marijuana. Or  someone who was thoughtless enough to have sex and get pregnant to be forced to continue to grow an unwelcome child inside THEIR body, just because some control freak decides that the behavior was not up to religious standards. I dont want the government telling me any of that . Or you.

Many of you also express dissatisfaction with others who receive "entitlements", people that YOU feel somehow do not deserve it. I think that we are overburdened in that area also. It is almost criminal. For example, you have a family history of genetic disorders, but you decide to produce a child anyway. Through testing you find that it will indeed have that disorder. Take your pick: trisomy 13, cri du chat, sotos syndrome, or maybe tuberous sclerosis. The odds of that child ever being productive, of ever having a normal life, or anything like it are slim to none. You decide to go ahead and have that child.
   You have just ROBBED US, the rest of that society you were part of a moment ago, the one you did not want to bail out the car makers, to give unemployment to out of work workers, you have created a black hole that will simply suck resources away from those that could have made productive use of it. You deliberately and purposely created something that no matter what your intentions, how well you thought you would do, that will require you to invest your entire natural life in. Only the odds that you will be able to without public assistance is nil, if not immediately with astronomical medical bills, later as you age and are no longer able to. You are at that point at best of questionable judgment and character , and at worst a passive aggressive thief.
    You probably have a slightly different take on that scenario, and that is ok. This IS America,land of the free, and both you and I want to keep it that way. I do not want government to tell you what you must do, because then you could have it tell ME. So, I support your right to believe just as you wish, you may campaign, protest, vote, donate, support  any issue or position you desire. That is none of my business, and likewise I may also. 
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 01:28:39 AM »
I'm with you twoshooter,  if they're not absolutely perfect, kill the little suckers ::)
never mind God, he's bluffing when he says he'll burn you for this.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline turk762

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 03:42:04 AM »
Two-shooter, I believe something similar was tried in Germany in the 30s, making the perfect race , kill others that dont fit in. I am not huge on pro-life, but to me, that looks like a child! I am against Abortion this late.

Offline twoshooter

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 03:58:48 AM »
There may be a God, I can't believe all this just started by itself, or is pure accident. But if there is one, and he has he kind of power most attribute to him, he could have fixed things himself. When I was young I believed differently, read the bible cover to cover several times, missed 6 Sundays in about as many years at church. Then experience set in. I can see that religion works for people, it has value and function. If it did not there would not be millions that sacrifice and donate and strive because of it. I admire in some ways the people who are religious, on average I think they are good people, better than if they did not believe. That does not make what  they believe true or accurate. It is easier to write off things as "the will of God", it requires less thought, allows you to ascribe some higher purpose, convinces you that whatever sign or portent you think you observed explains it, and assures you of some good outcome at the end.
    You cannot prove a negative, nor can you prove that God exists, It has to be that way. If all the religious persons were suddenly disabused of their belief the wave of anger and depression that would follow would likely make humankind extinct. On the other hand, if he showed up in person and proved all the doubters wrong the world would also come to a screeching halt, because given all the things that the various religions believe, most would have to be wrong. Most of you hope (or are convinced) that this is about to or will happen, and that yours is the correct version, so you are good with it.
     I told you of some of my background, and I was baptized in a Southern Baptist church at age 17. If what you all believe is true than I am saved, and if God is somehow responsible for all things, then he must have known or planned for me to be here now. See how neatly all that works out?
     I watched a lifetime of misery, pain, peoples lives shredded, people waiting forever for trains that never arrived, ships that never came in. You of course have an explanation for that also, the only explanation you have for everything.........
     I am reminded of the joke about the devout believer caught in the flood. The truck came by and the National Guard guy said " the flood is comming, get in". God will save me".  The water surrounded his house and the boat came by, they said get in. God will save me. He was on the roof when the helicopter came over, they said grab the rope. God will save me. He drowned. When he saw St Peter he was very disturbed because he  had not been saved. St Peter said " we sent a truck, a boat , and a helicopter, what more did you expect".
     Perhaps self awareness was the original sin, perhaps we were supposed to be like the other animals and exist but not know we exist, so that intelligence itself is the curse. If so, God should have prevented it from happening, but then you think he has this great plan, some cosmic crapshoot that he has all worked out in his head.
     Well, you need to cover your head with sackcloth and ashes, and rent your clothes, and just set and pray about all this, I am sure that will take care of everything. That would prevent the need to beat up on those poor souls who happen to be gay, correct all those priests and their alter boy problems, raise the Jews back from the gas chambers and ovens, and heal the children..... that I deal with.
    Only it does not. Given your thought, tearing up a contract to build a house and a blueprint is the same as destroying someones home. It is not. If God had wanted us to stay in the stone age we would have, no? We have intelligence, we have to use it, That means correcting errors, stopping and starting over,fixing things that we can. I am not telling anyone anything new, this is not profound, but CS Lewis not withstanding, I find no compelling argument that all will be well,  and that there is cavalry (or Calvary ) coming to save us. I wish there was.

I leave you with a quote from Men in Black. Fifteen hundred years ago men KNEW the sun and heavens revolved around the earth. Five hundred years ago men KNEW the world was flat. Fifteen minutes ago you KNEW we were the only life in the universe. Just imagine what we will know tomorrow.   
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 04:04:58 AM »
I'm with you twoshooter,  if they're not absolutely perfect, kill the little suckers ::)
never mind God, he's bluffing when he says he'll burn you for this.

BUGEYE. Agreed Sir. That was something else the libs hated about Sara Palin when she didn't have her imperfect child killed.
TWOSHOOTER. You have a lot to learn about God my friend. POWDERMAN.  :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 04:10:27 AM »
What did you think they'd look like at 12 weeks old? They have to have human characteristics, if they're to be human. Would you expect wings and a beak?
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 04:29:37 AM »
there's a couple of people here that I'll pray for.  don't know how much good it'll do, blasphemy is pretty serious.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 05:43:39 AM »
Pro choice- plain and simple.  Some of the ultra religious here feel that no matter what, the child should be born.  That's their choice.  Others feel that if they want it aborted, they should be able to do it.  Thats their choice.  This isnt the 1800s, technology and modern science allows us to do things that we could not do before.  Hec, some folks have no buisiness having kids.  So, does that mean they should not have the right to enjoy sex?  I dont think so.  I feel some of you need to change your life styles towards the amish. This world is no longer "Little House on the Prairie".  Stop judging folks, save that for whatevever god it is you believe in.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 05:54:00 AM »
as I sit here, I'm watching a program called "in the womb" on national geographic.
there's no doubt that the baby is separate from the mother, feels pain, kicks, waves its arms, tries to make sound and in all ways acts just like a baby that's laying in your lap doing cute things.
I have a video tape called "the silent scream" which is an ultra sound of an abortion in progress.
you can see the baby open its mouth to scream when an arm is pulled off, then the forceps take hold of the head and leaves the spinal cord sticking up.  pretty gruesome.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 06:32:02 AM »
There are only 2 choices guys, life, or death for a baby. Try substituting KILL for abort, that pretty well explains it. The pro death crowd can't seem to get a grip on the reality of what they do or support. Sad. POWDERMAN.  :( :(

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 06:37:09 AM »
if anyone wants to watch an abortion,murder, just google 'the silent scream abortion'
there's several places that have it.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »
There are only 2 choices guys, life, or death for a baby. Try substituting KILL for abort, that pretty well explains it. The pro death crowd can't seem to get a grip on the reality of what they do or support. Sad. POWDERMAN.  :( :(

You have quite a nack at twisting words my friend.  The law doesnt see it as killing..  I could really give a hoot about some silent scream. In my opinion, your life starts when you fall out of the crotch- not before. Yes, I am fully aware of the fact that hearts beat, organs function, yada yada yada.  You arent born yet, you are in gestation.  There for in my opinion, you are not a part of the world yet.

Those of you that want to get all "band wagon" about something that hasnt been born yet then that's your perogative.  I sure as hec am not going to hold that against you and sure as hell are not going to judge you for it. Stop judging others for their beliefs as long as they are not breaking the law.  This whole "if it isnt my way than it's wrong" BS some of you guys flaunt around when stating your opinions only is ridiculous.

Again I will say, some folks have no buisiness having children.  Does that mean that they are not allowed to enjoy the pleasure of having sex?  OMG, I just realized something, Some of you ultra religious types probably think sex is for reproductive purposes only.  Enjoying it would be a sin...... ::) ::) ::)

Stop stacking people into an immediate Liberal Group just because they dont believe in or stand behind every single freaking thing you do.  You are no better than the liberals when they call hunters murderers.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 09:35:07 AM »

You have quite a nack at twisting words my friend.  The law doesnt see it as killing..  I could really give a hoot about some silent scream. In my opinion, your life starts when you fall out of the crotch- not before. Yes, I am fully aware of the fact that hearts beat, organs function, yada yada yada.  You arent born yet, you are in gestation.  There for in my opinion, you are not a part of the world yet.

Those of you that want to get all "band wagon" about something that hasnt been born yet then that's your perogative.  I sure as hec am not going to hold that against you and sure as hell are not going to judge you for it. Stop judging others for their beliefs as long as they are not breaking the law.  This whole "if it isnt my way than it's wrong" BS some of you guys flaunt around when stating your opinions only is ridiculous.

Again I will say, some folks have no buisiness having children.  Does that mean that they are not allowed to enjoy the pleasure of having sex?  OMG, I just realized something, Some of you ultra religious types probably think sex is for reproductive purposes only.  Enjoying it would be a sin...... ::) ::) ::)

Stop stacking people into an immediate Liberal Group just because they dont believe in or stand behind every single freaking thing you do.  You are no better than the liberals when they call hunters murderers.
wow, that's some twisted stuff right there.  so you don't mind if someone scalds a baby to death with saline or pulls it apart with forceps and creates excruciating pain.
think about this, we all have to meet our maker, do you want to spend eternity in pleasure or in excruciating pain.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 09:41:50 AM »
wow, that's some twisted stuff right there.  so you don't mind if someone scalds a baby to death with saline or pulls it apart with forceps and creates excruciating pain.
think about this, we all have to meet our maker, do you want to spend eternity in pleasure or in excruciating pain.

Doesn't phase me one bit.  In my mind, It isn't part of the human race yet as a person- only as a human in Gestation and development.  My choice.  And stop with the whole meet out maker scare tactic.  That stuff doesnt work like you think it does.  Thats the sh*t I'm talking about right there.  You cant seem to do an argument without throwing the big JC into the mix. 

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 09:46:03 AM »
Pman and Bugeye, try this phrase on for size and consider using it when you go ultra god on us:

"Well, I guess we will have to agree to just disagree"

It pretty much let's the more opened minded crowd know that you have an opinion but you respect others in their right to make and voice their own opinions. 

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 09:48:27 AM »

Doesn't phase me one bit.  In my mind, It isn't part of the human race yet as a person- only as a human in Gestation and development.  My choice.  And stop with the whole meet out maker scare tactic.  That stuff doesnt work like you think it does.  Thats the sh*t I'm talking about right there.  You cant seem to do an argument without throwing the big JC into the mix.
well, the big JC said to shake the dust of those off your feet and move on.
I'm sad for you that you've sold your soul.
moving right along........
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 10:39:29 AM »
I'm sad for you that you've sold your soul.

My original reply was deleted by moderators- isnt much I can do about that. My thoughts, in a nut shell, then I will leave this alone.  Abortion is legal- plain and simple. This country has decided to give folks a choice in weather or not they want to do it. As for the above quote, I will leave you with this:

From the NIV bible

Matthew 7/1 Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »
  Hec, some folks have no buisiness having kids.  So, does that mean they should not have the right to enjoy sex?  I dont think so. 

Is this irresponsible rutting pig sex, where there is no thought of a pregnancy, and if there is a pregnancy just use murder as a means to rid yourself from it. Or is it sex between two responsible married people that make an important decision whether or not to have a child?   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 11:47:34 AM »
Would it be ok to kill an imperfect one after it was born?  If not, why not.  The Romans did not consider a child human until it's first birthday.  The father could legally eliminate it if he wished.  Where do we draw the line.  If we don't respect life in all forms, how about when we get too old to be useful?  Say, about retirement age?  That would solve the SS problems.

When you open the door, you let it all in.

Respectfully,

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Online Casull

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »
This country has decided to give folks a choice in weather or not they want to do it.

That is pure BS.  This country did not do that, it was 7 guys in black robes (if I recall the number correctly).  People of your thought process do NOT want the country to decide.     >:(
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »

* mail.google.com.jpg (4.04 kB, 177x166 - viewed 89 times.)
     Swift one, what does that look like to you?? A baby, or a blob?? The pro death crowd will be in for a shock on judgement day. Theres a big difference between judging and pointing out a wrong, or sin. POWDERMAN.  :( :(

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »
PM, you and I know that the vast majority of men at this site are good God fearing folks.
sometimes when something evil gets you down, along comes the folks here and cheer you up.
thanks to everyone.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline twoshooter

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 03:29:43 PM »
Had to take a work break. Quite vocal I see, well this is better entertainment than the news. Lets look at the concept that life began at conception. That is very easily dealt with, it did not. For those of you that take the bible literally, life began once , when God created it. For those that believe in evolution, life began once........hmmm..... when the correct mix of pre-amino acid chemicals in a mudhole was struck by lightening which somehow provided energy.....as Jay Leno would say, Erie Similarity. Ether way, life supposedly began once. If it did not then there should be life just popping up randomly. So far, no evidence of that. So lets go with the one time theory as the prevalent model.
     When then does life begin? We just answered that- ONCE, long long ago, far far away. The cells contributed by each parent are living organisms, at no time were they dead, they were never inert, inorganic matter. When they unite they create conditions that will lead to an organism that will ultimately be able to separate from the host organism. There may be a separate  organism, there is no "new " life , just continuity. What you are talking about then, is a "soul" , that part of the human identity that separates us from the animals (our go up, theirs go down). That makes the question about just when that arrives, not simply life. I think that God "breathed the breath of life on Adam, and he became a living soul". I guess before he was breathing, he was absent a soul ?? But I digress.
    There are those here who seem to be concerned about MY soul, commendable and quite thoughtful of you, so I do appreciate the gesture. Some think I may have sold it, I assure you I have not. I assure that had I sold it I would have had compensation. I have had no riches, fame , comfort, or health. I have not even had any offers.
   I have never seen a soul. My lab reports have never turned one up, never appeared on a CAT or PET scan, or an MRI. In six decades I have never seen a ghost, My mother did, my wife says she has, or at least the manifestation of one. I would really like to see one, I have looked closely too. A great many people believe in them also, even people for whom I have great respect. I never say that the soul cannot exist, I just have no evidence for it.

I do have evidence of thousands of years of people trying to control others through fear, superstition and violence. I do not remember Jesus as being real militant. You know what he said about taxes. Most of you are sure hesitant to render unto Caesar though.....And I believe when Peter cut off the soldiers ear he healed it. He was not real big on the money lenders either. I bet they would have made great hedge fund managers!! And then there was the deal about the mote and the beam....never an optometrist when you need one.  I don't remember that he recommended performing  a colonoscopy with a hot poker as a good means of converting non-believers, like they did during the spanish inquisition . In fact, although I know thousands of people who constantly reference the Bible as an authority that overlook an instruction that seems to stand out to me.... pardon me if my quote is not exact. "There was a certain rich man who asked Jesus, Master, what shall I do to enter heaven, and Jesus told him to sell all his possessions and give the proceeds to the poor.... and he went away sad". I dont seem to hear the same level of passion calling for everyone to do that. Maybe if there were, there would be fewer abortions. More cancer research. Genetic research. Alzheimers research. Research on juvenile diabetes. The shortest verse in the bible. Jesus wept. He still does I am sure, at the torturous, contorted, convoluted crap that humanity has made of what he had in mind.

This is supposed to be a discussion of a constitutional protection for human fetus' / "child" from "conception.
Lets just be more pragmatic for a moment, and go to the secular side. Lets say it passed and we now have the law in place. You are planning to have  sex. You will need to notify the government, because if the egg is fertilized you will need to be able to accurately document that point in time. If you are a life insurance company you will need to issue another policy, and probably change the rates and charges. The tax deduction should start then. If the mother is working, there are now two people on the job. Do they have to pay extra wages? Do risk factors for workers comp change? If the mother does not eat right, or exercise enough, can the child then sue ?

Most of the people on these forums are second amendment advocates, they dont want a national register of firearms. Since mothers can be identified (usually) easily, how about the fathers? How about creating a national DNA registry, after all, we need to be able to positively identify the parents. We would not want to wrongly tax someone, assign child support, inheritance.
  You wanted SMALLER government? LESS bureaucracy .  Just who is going to monitor all sexual activity? Keep records of menstrual periods? Monitor pregnant women? We do not come close to providing basic prenatal care for women who want it, and you think we will FORCE women to be monitored to prevent civil rights of the "child" they carry? I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you have a good heart and good intentions, you have no concept of the collateral results of the actions you propose.

Just step away from the politics, stick to the praying.

Offline turk762

• Avid Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 03:31:39 PM »
The legalities of it, I believe, are screwed up.

Someone runs a redlight hits a car that has a pregnant woman in it and kills her and the child in the womb and that person can be charged with the death of both mother and the child. Even if the woman was on her way to have the baby aborted. How can we have it both ways. One way or the other. Either it is a person or its not! It just doesnt make sense.

We all know sometimes man get laws wrong, I believe this is one of those times.

Offline powderman

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
God told Jeremiah, I knew ye before I formed thee in the womb. Seems pretty plain to me, and I didn't need 1,000 words to say it. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »
Truth is brief.  Error takes many words.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline turk762

• Avid Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 03:46:32 PM »
Two shooter, I think you are looking too deep into the regulation of banning abortions. If they ban them they dont need to regulate anything (outside of the law enforcement end of abortion clinics) . It would just be harder to get an abortion because no one would be doing it legally, which by simple supply and demand, would push the price of an abortion beyond what most people can afford. The ones that try to do it themselves would risk getting an infection and dieing so this would make people more careful with their sexual activities and they would take more measures to prevent it in the first place.