Author Topic: 375 Super Mag Bullet  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Axehandle

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
375 Super Mag Bullet
« on: February 16, 2012, 07:57:04 AM »
Got a Dan Wesson revolver in 375 Super mag on the way.  Got dies coming from Redding.  I sure like to be able to cast my own bullets.   How about giving your recommendation for a good all round bullet for this revolver. 

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Lead Bullet Technology
Re: 375 Super Mag Bullet
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 06:10:52 PM »
  I think you'd be wise to use cast,  of coarse.  If I owned one of those I would never bother to purchase a box of jacketed!  Because cast will outperform  jacketed 6 ways for sunday. 

Best to wait till you get the gun before ordering a mold, and measure it up to see what it needs diameter wise.  I can make any weight you might want, in several nose styles,  with your performance desires being the criteria in choosing weight and nose shape.  It can me made to shoot like a powerful rifle out to long ranges or with the right bullet, made capable of killing any american game cleanly with moderate recoil and blast.  Email me and I'll help you decide what is best.  This applies to all revolvers or rifles, for anyone, as long as your gun falls within the limits of my mold making capabilities which is 22 caliber minimum, 8 bore maximum.   

My email address is         LBTisAccuracy@localnet.com
Veral Smith

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:19:44 AM »
Axehandle, sorry it took me a couple days to throw you an answer. Many,many, many years back, Veral made me a mold for my .375. Still have, no I will not sell it.  :) But, can give you some info!! Veral built me a 240gr-LFN- and throws a 238gr. bullet, with my mix.(Been a few years, but I remember the mix being 70%ww and 30% lino) I made it hard, as I used the gun in IHMSA match's, and wanted to keep from any possibility of leading in an 80rd. match. Wouldn't make it that hard now, as it's not really neccessary. I use a Fed 210m primer, and 18gr of H4227. Veral made the mold a .379 dia. bullet, and I size it to .378. Sounds big, but that is what Veral suggested with the demensions of my DW. Oh yes, if memory serve's me correctly, I have a 1-16 twist in the gun, which was an option DW offered at that time. Gun originally came with either a 1-18 or 1-20 twist. I also put one of the 1-16 twists in my .357sm, which, I stupidly sold to a friend of mine 10 or 12 years ago. Anyway, hope this helps. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
    • Lead Bullet Technology
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:22:01 PM »
  Thank you for offering your experiance, Gypsy.   Much nicer , and informative, than my 'I don't know!"
Veral Smith