Author Topic: Another terror plot busted. Thought he was working with al queda.  (Read 1180 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
  FBI arrests man suspected of plotting attack on Capitol    By Laura Rozen
Senior Foreign Affairs Reporter 
 By Laura Rozen | The Envoy – 3 hrs ago       
The FBI on Friday arrested a man suspected of planning to carry out a suicide attack against the U.S. Capitol. But the would-be suicide bomber, identified as a Moroccan national, was the target of a lengthy FBI undercover investigation and the public was never in any danger, FBI and Justice Department officials stressed.
The man, identified as Amine el-Khalifi, 29, was expected to be indicted on federal terrorism-related charges in Alexandria, Virginia, officials said.
A would-be suicide vest the man had worn--reportedly given to him by FBI undercover agents posing as accomplices in the sting--as he approached the Capitol Friday had been previously rendered harmless, the Justice Department said.
"Explosives the suspect allegedly sought to use in connection with the plot had been rendered inoperable by law enforcement and posed no threat to the public," Justice Department spokesman Dean Boyd told Yahoo News in a statement Friday.
"FBI agents today arrested an individual in the vicinity of the Capitol," Andrew Ames, spokesman for the FBI Washington D.C. field office, told Yahoo News Friday. "The arrest was the culmination of an extensive operation during which the individual was closely monitored. At no time was the public in any danger."
Mike Levine, who first reported the arrest on Fox News, said that the man became the target of an FBI undercover terrorism investigation after he allegedly expressed interest in carrying out an attack.
Khalifi, 29, had been living in Alexandria, Virginia on an expired visa, and had been under investigation for a year, U.S. officials told the Washington Post.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Alaska Dave

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • Contributor
Re: Another terror plot busted. Thought he was working with al queda.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
Don't these guys do a literacy test or something? We have dumb and dumber as bombers now.  :o
Do you speak German? Well I don't speak Spanish so maybe you'd better learn English.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »
And he is a.......wait for it.......wait for it..........Muslim male!!!   :o
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »
And he is a.......wait for it.......wait for it..........Muslim male!!!   :o
;D ;D
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Gary G

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 01:51:20 PM »
Does it mean that it took them a whole year to talk him into doing it?
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline osokusmc

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »

Exactly.  How many terrorist attacks have we been saved from where the idea and material belong to the government, but the guy arrested couldn't hatch a plot to eat breakfast without the fedgov's help?  I think the only real terrorist attempts have been beat down by civilians, while the gov can only defeat the attempts that they created.  Give me a week and I can get some dumb ass to agree to do something stupid. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »

Baloney. Muslims don't need talked into murdering innocents, it comes natural. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »

Baloney. Muslims don't need talked into murdering innocents, it comes natural. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Your ignorance is no longer amusing and your racial / religious hate has gotten very old.

Why don't all of you muslim haters do just a little research. This is just like the underwear bomber and the first trade center attack. All knowledge and supplies are provided by the FBI. Get a freaking clue and stop letting the hate blind you. The governments are the terrorist both hear and all around the world and they are all controlled by the bankers. OPEN YOUR EYES AND LET A LITTLE LIGHT IN.

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 03:12:30 AM »

Your ignorance is no longer amusing and your racial / religious hate has gotten very old.

Why don't all of you muslim haters do just a little research. This is just like the underwear bomber and the first trade center attack. All knowledge and supplies are provided by the FBI. Get a freaking clue and stop letting the hate blind you. The governments are the terrorist both hear and all around the world and they are all controlled by the bankers. OPEN YOUR EYES AND LET A LITTLE LIGHT IN.
the families of the soldiers killed at fort Hood would find this thread interesting.
which bank paid him to kill them?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 03:40:18 AM »
MATT. I'm neither blind or ignorant, and I'm sorry you feel that I am.  I see what this cult is doing rt here in America and I'm trying to make people aware of what is rt in their back yard. More muslims caught in Bowling Green KY planning terror plots, about an hr and a 1/2 South of me, they have  caught them in Lou too, also in Lexington. These people have infected the entire world with their cancer. They live among us.
I thought that exposing attempted attacks on Americans by these scum would surely be newsworthy. How many more attacks like Ft Hood will it take to open peoples eyes that this cancer is real and here rt now??  POWDERMAN.  :( :(

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 05:32:39 AM »
I'm reading about this case. It looks like... the FBI heroically stopped a terrorist plot, that the FBI created.

Some peeps probably think this justifies further gov't LE powers.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline jimster

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 06:11:50 AM »
I'm reading about this case. It looks like... the FBI heroically stopped a terrorist plot, that the FBI created.
Some peeps probably think this justifies further gov't LE powers.

Exactly.  How many terrorist attacks have we been saved from where the idea and material belong to the government, but the guy arrested couldn't hatch a plot to eat breakfast without the fedgov's help?  I think the only real terrorist attempts have been beat down by civilians, while the gov can only defeat the attempts that they created.  Give me a week and I can get some dumb ass to agree to do something stupid. 

I agree with you guys, a lot of this stuff kind of stinks, they might even do this a few more times to make people feel safe under the current administration, I don't trust any government agencies anymore.  Sure there are some Muslims that would like to kill people, add to that a lot of other people of different religions and no religions, most of them whacked out mentally anyway.  Yes there are people who want to blow other people up, lot's of them, also a bunch of idiots you can set up and even get them the tools.  The FBI, the BATF, the CIA, don't trust any of them because they are all corrupt, they can set up lots of things like this to look a certain way.  So undercover agents play with whacked out idiots long enough to get them to do something, put it on the news, and they saved the world.  They probably do more harm than good.
Before we go patting any of these fed agencies on the back, remember where they been and what they have already been caught doing and who they work for. 

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 06:32:17 AM »
just curious, did the FBI give him his underwear in ghana or holland?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 07:55:15 AM »
just curious, did the FBI give him his underwear in ghana or holland?

Niether......it was out of sight behind the door. ;)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
Yup,  the only rings the feds have cracked are their own creations.  After all, the TSA couldn't find their a#@ with one hand on the crack.   They can only grope women, senior citizens, and toddlers.    Wouldn't surprise me if he was even incentivized to take the fall.

Matt, I am neither blind nor ignorant.   In Islam, all non-Muslims are universally infidels and are to be killed if they refuse to convert at the point of a sword.  It is in the Koran, if you choose to read their sacred book.   I shall also remind you that the charter of Hamas specifically calls for the eradication of Jews and Israel from the face of the earth because they are infidels, a status also specifically relegated to the United States.     Also, I will politely remind you that Muslims started this war by hijacking several American airliners and committing over 3000 individual acts of murder.    After 9-11, I don't need to study Islam any further than that.

ST762

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 01:35:01 AM »
In Islam, all non-Muslims are universally infidels and are to be killed if they refuse to convert at the point of a sword. 
Infidel is not a distinctly Muslim concept, is it? Don't Christians view non-believers (some non-believers?) as infidels?

I might be wrong on this - but I don't think that Muslims generally refer to Christians as infidels. I have thought that People of the Book is what they generally use for believing Christians.
Also, I will politely remind you that Muslims started this war by hijacking several American airliners and committing over 3000 individual acts of murder.
So then we're at war. How will we know when we've won it? How do you recommend prosecuting this war?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 08:45:09 AM »

Baloney. Muslims don't need talked into murdering innocents..................

A genuine asinine comment. :(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline osokusmc

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
Yup,  the only rings the feds have cracked are their own creations.  After all, the TSA couldn't find their a#@ with one hand on the crack.   They can only grope women, senior citizens, and toddlers.    Wouldn't surprise me if he was even incentivized to take the fall.

Matt, I am neither blind nor ignorant.   In Islam, all non-Muslims are universally infidels and are to be killed if they refuse to convert at the point of a sword.  It is in the Koran, if you choose to read their sacred book.   I shall also remind you that the charter of Hamas specifically calls for the eradication of Jews and Israel from the face of the earth because they are infidels, a status also specifically relegated to the United States.    Also, I will politely remind you that Muslims started this war by hijacking several American airliners and committing over 3000 individual acts of murder.    After 9-11, I don't need to study Islam any further than that.

ST762

And the genius of the attack is that they've lured us into their den where they've killed and maimed way more of us since 9/11 than they did on 9/11.  Additionally they've created the platform for our own government to stand on and gut our Liberty in the name of protecting us.  Do they love us yet?  I doubt it, I bet many that were indifferent to us are now firmly against us.

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 05:31:21 AM »

Matt, I am neither blind nor ignorant.   In Islam, all non-Muslims are universally infidels and are to be killed if they refuse to convert at the point of a sword.  It is in the Koran, if you choose to read their sacred book.   I shall also remind you that the charter of Hamas specifically calls for the eradication of Jews and Israel from the face of the earth because they are infidels, a status also specifically relegated to the United States.    Also, I will politely remind you that Muslims started this war by hijacking several American airliners and committing over 3000 individual acts of murder.    After 9-11, I don't need to study Islam any further than that.

And the genius of the attack is that they've lured us into their den where they've killed and maimed way more of us since 9/11 than they did on 9/11.  Additionally they've created the platform for our own government to stand on and gut our Liberty in the name of protecting us.  Do they love us yet?  I doubt it, I bet many that were indifferent to us are now firmly against us.

Outstanding shot, sniper.   You totally hit the mark.    They attacked us out of their love for the American way of life.  They love us enough to kill any non-Muslims, and even Muslims of another sect.   Then, the government steps in with the Patriot Act, and later the NDAA (with detention language specifically asked for by Obama).    Obama sure loves freedom.

ST762

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 11:54:06 PM »

That's the way it works. The 1993 bombing of the world trade center was an FBI operation. The patsy that was being framed figured it out and started recording the conversations with the FBI. When the bombs exploded they had to frame someone else, because their patsy had the goods on them.

The underwear bomber's father called the FBI to warn them his son was getting radical. The FBI set him up as a patsy.

They don't just set up Muslim patsies. They like patriots and militias too. Timothy McVeigh was recruited by a black ops “Major”. He was to infiltrate a militia so they could frame them for the OK city bombing. He was the one that got framed. The Hutaree militia was infiltrated by the FBI and setup. The judge saw though it and threw the case out. Now they are going on trial anyway.

Be careful there could be a fed trolling GBO looking for a patriot patsy to setup or frame right now.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 01:03:54 AM »
hmmm, everybody complains about the FBI catching muslim terrorists.....
what about the four old white guys in Ga.?
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/us/4-georgia-men-are-arrested-in-terror-plot.html

I thought catching bad guys was a GOOD thing......
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 01:27:01 AM »
All this talk about how deadly Muslims are and how devoted to killing Americans...

How many white christians have posted in this thread already?  You must be alive if your posting this.  Unless they (the Muslim people) have killed you since your last post. 

So much hate towards people who choose Islam as a religion and yet so little concern about the atrocities committed every day on our southern border.  So little concern about our country being 16 Trillion dollars in debt.  I'm guessing that there are 3 post about hating muslims to every 1 post of any other topic in this forum.

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 11:52:13 AM »
I'm guessing that there are 3 post about hating muslims to every 1 post of any other topic in this forum.

Something like that... it's kind of embarassing. I imagine the reaction of some kid who surfs into the forum, thinking he's gonna find out something about hunting and opinions of hunters/gunowners... and he finds what his family members refered to as Satan's Disciples, Scum of the Earth, etc... won't find much to identify with.

We're okay, folks - the FBI is keeping us safe. They'll stop them terror plots, at least the ones they create.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 12:59:40 PM »
I'm guessing that there are 3 post about hating muslims to every 1 post of any other topic in this forum.

Something like that... it's kind of embarassing. I imagine the reaction of some kid who surfs into the forum, thinking he's gonna find out something about hunting and opinions of hunters/gunowners... and he finds what his family members refered to as Satan's Disciples, Scum of the Earth, etc... won't find much to identify with.

We're okay, folks - the FBI is keeping us safe. They'll stop them terror plots, at least the ones they create.

I would agree. Why don't we just treat all people as individuals?

It would seem that we treated the Indians as a group of savages that needed extermination. If you look into history, you might find that they were more civilized than the newcomers. But there was an insatiable desire for their land. Maybe, this has changed now to oil. Sure there are bad Islamist as with any other people. Is there a good one? Surely there must be one as most people just want to be free and left alone, while a few want to rule over everybody else but themselves.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat