Author Topic: .22 lr barrrel for 45 Colt BC rifle  (Read 1039 times)

Offline tomf52

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
.22 lr barrrel for 45 Colt BC rifle
« on: February 17, 2012, 05:22:52 PM »
Does such a thing exist? That is a 22 rimfire barrel that would fit on an SB2 frame? Thanks for any help here.

Offline LedLobber

• Maker of Smokeless Smoke.
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: .22 lr barrrel for 45 Colt BC rifle
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 07:13:05 PM »
Hey there. This is straight from the H&R 1871 Website :

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.asp

"Rimfire caliber can be fitted to the SS1 rimfire frames newer than 1987 only. No other frames will accept rimfire calibers due to the location of the firing pin. All barrels are blue finish."Would be Nice if it would work though..... :)
I like BIG Boolits.

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »
The only rf barrel that will function on a cf frame are the versapac barrels.  They had an offset bore so the fireing pin would strike the rim properly.  They are not made any more, but you may find one on the used market. They were a combo rifle, 22lr/.410 shotgun.   Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 02:15:33 AM »
What he said ^^^^

I have a Versa Pack 22/410, the 22 barrel has an offset bore so that it will fire on an SB1 or SB2 frame. I bought a 45 Colt Carbine barrel on the classifieds here that locked up perfectly on the Versa Pack frame so it's now a 22/410/45 Colt combo gun. My son uses it for deer and squirrel hunting.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 05:43:59 AM »
I did make a 20 cal offset stub barrel once and chambered it in 5mm Remington mag round, it worked just fine.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 06:24:52 AM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 01:53:21 PM »
There's a VP barrel in the classifieds right now.
Tim

Price seems pretty stiff on that one don't it? It's been chopped and missing the front sight and he wants $175 for the barrel. I used to see the whole combo with 22 and 410 barrels and carrying case for $117 at Wal Mart. ;)
My local Wal Mart has the Rossi 22/410 combo with case for $125... it'd make a pretty good camp gun or kids gun. :)

Spanky

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 04:04:52 PM »
There's a VP barrel in the classifieds right now.
Tim

Price seems pretty stiff on that one don't it? It's been chopped and missing the front sight and he wants $175 for the barrel. I used to see the whole combo with 22 and 410 barrels and carrying case for $117 at Wal Mart. ;)
My local Wal Mart has the Rossi 22/410 combo with case for $125... it'd make a pretty good camp gun or kids gun. :)

Spanky

I am sure that EXACTLY why it stays in the classifieds... 

If It was a sensable price it would be in my safe... (If I was quick enough)  ::) ;)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 06:19:28 PM »

If It was a sensable price it would be in my safe... (If I was quick enough)  ::) ;)

CW
The crazy thing is that he just sold an unaltered VP barrel with iron sights "in great shape" for a $135, just a little while ago.  ??? I guess, he is entitled to ask for what he thinks the market will bear.

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,251445.0.html
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 01:51:41 AM »

CW
The crazy thing is that he just sold an unaltered VP barrel with iron sights "in great shape" for a $135, just a little while ago.  ??? I guess, he is entitled to ask for what he thinks the market will bear.

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,251445.0.html

Yup, your correct...

This "market" here says its too high or a favorite barrel such as a VP that this is, would have been gone in a hour or three...  ;)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.