Author Topic: New slug guns.  (Read 951 times)

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
New slug guns.
« on: February 18, 2012, 07:41:28 AM »
What's your opinions, on the new H&R slug guns comming out of the Remington plant? I was thinking of picking one up. Thanks. :)

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
Re: New slug guns.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:35:23 AM »
I hope their ok, I went ahead and got one. :-\

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »
 If it is of any comfort, I have not heard of any bad H&R slug guns. I have an Ultra Slug 20 the big heavy. She is a shooter. I know of one older tracker slug gun that out shoots mine. I would say you find the ammo it likes and you will be good to go.

By the way, it is a GrayBeard rule if you buy a new gun you have to show pics  ;D

Congrats
Lonny

Offline buckshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 08:11:38 AM »
If it is of any comfort, I have not heard of any bad H&R slug guns. I have an Ultra Slug 20 the big heavy. She is a shooter. I know of one older tracker slug gun that out shoots mine. I would say you find the ammo it likes and you will be good to go.

By the way, it is a GrayBeard rule if you buy a new gun you have to show pics  ;D

Congrats
Lonny

I agree with him.  The one problem you could face is finding peoples opinion about these new guns coming out.  About four years ago I was dealing with the same kind of situation when the some H&R's started to come out with ultragon rifling.  After doing all my research, I had decided to go with the old rifling and did not get this new kind of H&R with this rifling.  If it were me, I would go with a gun that you know is good and can find lots of reviews on them rather then banking on this new slug gun to be good.  I would only buy this new slug gun if you can find peoples opinion about this gun saying how good it is.         
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan