Author Topic: Colt Walker  (Read 967 times)

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Colt Walker
« on: February 18, 2012, 08:15:51 AM »
I went to a gun show today and took along my CVA Optima Pro. I no longer needed it since I just bought a new .50 barrel for my T/C Encore. I traded the Optima for this Uberti Colt Walker and even got a bit of cash. I always wanted a Walker but was pleasantly surprised to find they are averaging $400 on Gun Broker. Anyhow, I'm pretty happy with the deal so what do you all think?

Specs; The Colt Walker holds a powder charge of 60 grains (3.9 g) in each chamber, more than twice what a typical black powder revolver holds. It weighs 4½ pounds (2 kg) unloaded, has a 9-inch (229 mm) barrel, and fires a .44 caliber (0.454 in, 11.53 mm diameter) conical and round ball.

The Walker with my 1860 Colt Old Army

Offline ironball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Colt Walker
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »
Sweet! Have you shot it yet? For a real treat, go outside and fire a couple of blank loads after dark!
Never let the people with all the money and the people with all the guns be the same people.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »
Sweet! Have you shot it yet? For a real treat, go outside and fire a couple of blank loads after dark!

I haven't shot it yet but I know well what you're talking about. I've been shooting black powder guns for over 30 years. :)

Offline ironball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 05:27:18 PM »
Me too, since the 70's. (see my thread on horse pistols). Not many folks have seen 60 grains of FFFg coming out of one of these hand cannons after dark. It is impressive indeed. I used to have a double cavity brass mold that cast one roundball, and one bullet of around 240 grains. That bullet was one killer of a load. I also loaded it with #8 birdshot and blasted hand tossed clay birds. Hope you have as much fun with it as I did with mine. ;D
Never let the people with all the money and the people with all the guns be the same people.

Offline StrawHat

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 01:04:55 AM »
I have had a couple of Walkers.  Lots of fun but eventually, I get tired of the extra weight and let someone else enjoy them.  Here is a shot of my latest, this one I may keep.

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result"  Winston Churchill

"A law without a punishment is merely advice."  anonymous