Author Topic: Little help please... grooved receiver/rail ring mounts.  (Read 736 times)

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
Little help please... grooved receiver/rail ring mounts.
« on: February 19, 2012, 05:41:44 PM »
Can't find my data or remember exactly how to measure...

Have a pair of ring mounts, no idea what brand.   I think that they are for 13mm grooved receiver or rail.   

Can somebody help me confirm please.

Thanks

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Little help please... grooved receiver/rail ring mounts.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 01:08:28 AM »
they look like 3/4 inch tasco 22 rings
Can't find my data or remember exactly how to measure...

Have a pair of ring mounts, no idea what brand.   I think that they are for 13mm grooved receiver or rail.   

Can somebody help me confirm please.

Thanks

blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 05:01:50 AM »
Generally speaking there are two sizes 3/8" known as rimfire tipoff rings and 5/8" or Weaver standard.

If for a rimfire they are almost certainly the 3/8" tipoff rings. If for centerfire rifles then the standard weaver or 5/8" size. About the only way they would be a metric size is if they were made for some European rifle rarely imported into the US.

Over the years tube sizes of 1/2", 3/4", 7/8", 1", 26mm and now 30mm have been used. Almost all the smaller three I've seen only as 3/8" rimfire tipoff rings.

Thirteen mm is roughly a half inch and would be noticeably different than either the standard 3/8" or 5/8" that American rings come in.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 05:46:10 AM »
Thanks for the input gentlemen, its appreciated.

Lloyd - these are not for a 3/4" scope, and they are not the same design/shape as any Tasco RM's I've been able to find pictures of current or vintage.

Bill - They are not either 3/8" or 5/8" - won't clamp down small enough for the first, will clamp on the second if I open them wide enough but puts the ring center off center from the base.   Why I assumed they are for a European firearm where RM's are in mm's - 11, 13, 16, 19, etc.   Then I measured for the scope tube and found that they ARE for a 26mm tube... yep, European which also means the clamp angle is different.   So these almost have to be 13mm, but I just wanted a way to measure to confirm.   They won't clamp down enough for 11mm; 16mm is close to our 5/8" so would offset the RM from he base.

Guess I have my answer just by deduction Sherlock... now I'll have to research to figure out who made them.

Now where did I put my Calabash pipe....  ;)

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus