Author Topic: 18 reasons showing why the economy has gotten worse, NOT better.  (Read 716 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
The following are 18 statistics that prove that the economy has not improved since Barack Obama became the president of the United States….

#1 Today there are 88 million working age Americans that are not employed and that are not looking for employment. That is an all-time record high.

#2 When Barack Obama was elected, the percentage of unemployed Americans that had been out of work for more than 52 weeks was less than 15%. Today, it is above 30%.

#3 There are 1.2 million fewer jobs in America today than there were when Barack Obama was inaugurated.

#4 When Barack Obama first took office, the number of “long-term unemployed workers” in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.

#5 The average duration of unemployment in the United States is hovering close to an all-time record high.

#6 During the Obama administration, worker health insurance costs have risen by 23 percent.

#7 Since Barack Obama has been president, the average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States has increased by 90 percent.

#8 Since Barack Obama has been president, home values in the United States have declined by another 13 percent.

#9 Under Barack Obama, new home sales in the U.S. set a brand new all-time record low in 2009, they set a brand new all-time record low again in 2010, and they set a brand new all-time record low once again during 2011.

#10 Since Barack Obama took office, the number of Americans living in poverty has risen by more than 6 million.

#11 Since Barack Obama entered the White House, the number of Americans on food stamps has increased from 32 million to 46 million.

#12 The amount of money that the federal government gives directly to Americans has increased by 32 percent since Barack Obama entered the White House.

#13 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of Americans living in “extreme poverty” is now sitting at an all-time high.

#14 When Barack Obama first took office, an ounce of gold was going for about $850. Today an ounce of gold costs more than $1700 an ounce.

#15 Since Barack Obama became president, the size of the U.S. national debt has increased by 44 percent.

#16 During Barack Obama’s first two years in office, the U.S. government added more to the U.S. national debt than the first 100 U.S. Congresses combined.

#17 During the Obama administration, the U.S. government has accumulated more debt than it did from the time that George Washington took office to the time that Bill Clinton took office.

#18 The U.S. national debt has been increasing by an average of more than 4 billion dollars per day since the beginning of the Obama administration.

Oh, but Barack Obama is promising that things will be much better very soon. Barack Obama is pledging that 2 million more jobs will be added to the economy in 2012.

Do you believe him?

Much more here: http://www.blacklistednews.com/18_St...0/0/0/Y/M.html 
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Gary G

Re: 18 reasons showing why the economy has gotten worse, NOT better.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 06:30:18 AM »
It is really simple to understand. Jobs always come from capital investment in the private sector. The larger a government is, the more capital it must take from the private sector to exist. Also, low interest rates discourage capital savings. We are doomed if this continues.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:36:59 AM »
Obama has ruined the country.  "NEW YORK (AP) — The Dow Jones industrial average crossed 13,000 on Tuesday for the first time since before the 2008 financial crisis." 
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dow-crosses-13-000-first-time-since-2008-162633049.html

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 08:44:41 AM »
Junior, do a little research on the stock market. It's a shell game. I was told over a decade ago, there are business people,(Soros,Madoff, and the like) who play that game real well. They'll suck in new investors, get things pushed up, sell off, and leave the newbies hanging out to dry. If you feel confident, go ahead and jump right in. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Gary G

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 10:44:43 AM »
Obama has ruined the country.  "NEW YORK (AP) — The Dow Jones industrial average crossed 13,000 on Tuesday for the first time since before the 2008 financial crisis." 
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dow-crosses-13-000-first-time-since-2008-162633049.html
Take a look at the increased money supply for the reason. Adjusted in gold, the stock market is down. Inflation goes to stocks and commodities first. You are being fleeced. The technical term is financial repression. In other words, you investments, if not in tangibles, are earning less than the rate of inflation meaning you are getting poorer under this government. Better start hoping for "the sound money guy".
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/here-why-dow-just-passed-13000
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »
Let's just suppose the DJIA closed ~13,000 soon after GWB left office instead of ~6,200.  Let's also suppose it hit ~6,200 today instead of ~13,000.  You guys would then have a valid complaint about Obama.  But the DJIA did the opposite.  I suggest you thank Obama instead of damning him.  Maybe you need to ask your grandparents or great-grandparents to tell you some Great Depression stories.  The stories mine told would curl your toenails....

Offline jimster

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »
What in the world does the DJIA have to do with the current economy, or lack of?  How many out of work people are invested in the stock market?  How many people that lost their jobs are even looking at the stock market?  Retirement balances are lower, home values still declining,  food and utilities way up, matter of fact everything is way up in cost.  And gas too.  Many retirement savers now have approximately the same balance they had a few years ago.  Hell most people are not retiring, they keep working IF they have a good job. (me)
With prices going up, and home values going down, and looming debt in both the private sector and government, the last thing people give a rip about is the DJIA.  What they really care about is what happens when this debt finally has to be washed away...and it will..oh it sure will.
My grandmother is still alive. She is 97 and all there.  She liquidated all her money, and stocks, everything is in a safe, no banks....I wonder why she did that?  Smart lady...she has seen these signs before.  The signs just before debt must be washed away.  Debt is ALWAYS dealt with at some point.  There are bad times coming for many.
I have read your posts with interest for a long time, you told us the economy was booming when it was not, you were wrong then, you are wrong now.  The stock market has been doing lousy over the past few years, up and down, in the end, it evens out to lousy.  Next you'll be telling us how great housing has been. Mine just went down in value again.  But not the taxes...LOL!  That's another thread I guess.

As of now..your stock market is being pumped up artificially and it's still lousy...gee, just wait until the big "adjustment"...it will go from lousy to real bad. 
As a side note...all the pensions I have paid for out of my pay checks the last 40 years are doing well.....that I could agree with.  I bought those with my money.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »
What in the world does the DJIA have to do with the current economy, or lack of?  How many out of work people are invested in the stock market?  How many people that lost their jobs are even looking at the stock market?  Retirement balances are lower, home values still declining,  food and utilities way up, matter of fact everything is way up in cost.  And gas too.  Many retirement savers now have approximately the same balance they had a few years ago.  Hell most people are not retiring, they keep working IF they have a good job. (me)
With prices going up, and home values going down, and looming debt in both the private sector and government, the last thing people give a rip about is the DJIA.  What they really care about is what happens when this debt finally has to be washed away...and it will..oh it sure will.
My grandmother is still alive. She is 97 and all there.  She liquidated all her money, and stocks, everything is in a safe, no banks....I wonder why she did that?  Smart lady...she has seen these signs before.  The signs just before debt must be washed away.  Debt is ALWAYS dealt with at some point.  There are bad times coming for many.
I have read your posts with interest for a long time, you told us the economy was booming when it was not, you were wrong then, you are wrong now.  The stock market has been doing lousy over the past few years, up and down, in the end, it evens out to lousy.  Next you'll be telling us how great housing has been. Mine just went down in value again.  But not the taxes...LOL!  That's another thread I guess.

As of now..your stock market is being pumped up artificially and it's still lousy...gee, just wait until the big "adjustment"...it will go from lousy to real bad. 
As a side note...all the pensions I have paid for out of my pay checks the last 40 years are doing well.....that I could agree with.  I bought those with my money.

Oh he's just trying to hang on to a temporary number that looks good, anything to lick his hero's boots. The stock market could be cut in half in a very short time, by it's self it is a very poor indicator of the overall economy. He knows all the other numbers suck, just trying to cling to something.
The bigger & sure sign of things to come is the dept & that is growing at a MUCH faster rate since the Dems chosen one has taken office & will bring about our economic ruin. To ignore that & talk about stock's ebb & flow when stocks are temprarily up is just silliness.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »
#19 Barack Obama took the oath of office on 20 January 2009.

#20 Obama's puppets Pelosi and Reid said "we have to pass the bill so we can find out what's in it".

#21 Obama admits to Barbara Walters there is a "laziness" about him.    Guess which social segment he identifies with?

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto