Author Topic: USH finally assembled  (Read 632 times)

Offline 45/70fan

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
USH finally assembled
« on: February 21, 2012, 05:19:32 AM »
Started out with a 22" USH compact 20ga barrel from here, the receiver (scuffed it up and painted with Krylon camo matte black) is from an 088 .410, the stock set is from a 12ga, had to sand out the forearm some. Gonna see how this Bushnell red/green multi reticle sight does, may change out to a Nikon 2-7x32 ProStaff.

Offline upnut

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: USH finally assembled
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »
Nice job, thanks for posting a pic! I saw a compact ush at Gander Mountain a couple days ago and the wheels started turning...looks like yours did too!

Scott B.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »
Looks good!

Have you shot it yet?

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline 45/70fan

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 12:48:46 PM »
I ended up with the shorter barrel on accident. I bought it here not realizing there was a compact version even made. Fine with me especially after reading about people shortening them. I can't wait to shoot it.....snagged what is probably some of the last Buckhammers available on line!!

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 01:05:17 PM »
I ended up with the shorter barrel on accident. I bought it here not realizing there was a compact version even made. Fine with me especially after reading about people shortening them. I can't wait to shoot it.....snagged what is probably some of the last Buckhammers available on line!!

Good deal, best of luck!!

Dont limit yourself to one loading... My 12Ga shoots Buck Hammers very well... My 20 ga sprays the target when I shoot them... ::)
I found Hornady SST's where the answer for my 20Ga. it shoots them very well!!

Try some different loads!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline 45/70fan

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 02:15:40 PM »
Thanks for the heads up CW..I almost bought some SST's, I will have to try some.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 09:16:24 AM »
45/70fan,

Glad it all worked out for you. ;D   Looks like a really nice job.  Good luck with the gun!
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.