Author Topic: obama launches black Americans for obama during black history month.  (Read 958 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdjoHA5ocwU

Gotta admit, I couldn't watch it all, more politics and division. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
Re: obama launches blak Americans for obama during black history month.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:17:58 PM »
Sad, the movement for equality has turned into reverse discrimination and division. I have no respect for any politician who panders to racial prejudice of any kind. True equality would remove the very term "race" from language.
held fast

Offline powderman

Re: obama launches black Americans for obama during black history month.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 04:10:49 PM »
TEAMNELSON. His rev wright taught him well. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdjoHA5ocwU
Gotta admit, I couldn't watch it all
If you haven't watched it, why do want anyone else to watch it?
more politics and division. POWDERMAN. :o :o
(shrug) division?
I watched the video. What about it did you think so important that you created on a thread on it?
[/url]

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 12:21:10 AM »
In the 2008 election, blacks who had never voted came out in droves. it may happen again.
with a heavy black turnout and some people who won't vote for romney or santorum, we will probably see another term with obama.  we've seen him destroy the country with congress sitting idly by and we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 01:57:07 AM »
In the 2008 election, blacks who had never voted came out in droves. it may happen again.
Well, that's a sort of good news/bad news situation, isn't it? For years folks have bemoaned lack of participation in democracy; now they're coming out in droves, which... is distressing to some, but for reasons other than worry of people not voting.

Why is is that black people might come out in droves to vote, and not for Romney?
[/url]
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:13:34 AM »
YT, the woman from the university even said, the big switch for blacks to the Democratic party, started with Truman, and really esclated in the 60's. This being with LBJ's ''great society''. Couldn't have anything to do with the increase of govt. assistance in the form of food stamps,housing, public aid, affirmative action, and the like.Now who in their right mind, would want to just sit around and collect all that govt. money just because they thought that they were owed!! That's just downright un-American.  :o gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 03:48:40 AM »
Here's a thought ... what if the President of the US did not use divisive language at all? What if instead of acknowledging what makes us different, his speech was entirely about what makes us the same? What if the color of one's skin was irrelevant, but the content of his character was? Isn't that what the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. said in his famous speech?

What if all politicians stopped using the language of division? What if candidates were to reach out to Americans, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender ...  I'd like to see Race removed from all federal forms, along with gender and religious preference. Our government should be color blind, not color aware. A rainbow is not comprised of alternating stripes of color, it is a natural refraction of light through pure water ... it does not have to try for diversity, it simply is a rainbow.

I recognize that that would be disappointing to many of all colors. No more green history month, or purple awareness day. All that has done is darken the lines of division in our country. I have no issues with Obama's race, but evidently he does, and his campaign would like to exploit that for reelection. I think its shameless to use exploit ones race, and to leverage the opportunity afforded by an event that only serves to highlight difference, and not unity in our nation. Kennedy, Reagan and others spoke a message of America, not hyphenated-americans.

I would sincerely hope that people who are truly against racism ... those who genuinely seek equality and civil rights for all .. would not practice racism by voting for a man because he's the same skin color as they. Rather, consider the content of his character and his track record in office, as Dr. King suggested.
held fast

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 03:58:32 AM »
TN, that would indeed be a great thing, but you'd have to start by cutting jesse jacksons tongue out.
on election day 2008, the street to my polling place was lined with blacks holding signs that read "vote a black slate"
I'm afraid it's an uphill battle.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 04:15:27 AM »
TEAMNELSON. Great post Sir. Thats what I was referring to in my OP, further dividing Americans. He is the most racially prejudiced president we've ever had, and he does it intentionally.  Easier to destroy America by dividing us, divide and conquor. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( 

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 04:59:32 AM »
It took longer than I expected for the resident racial police to descend on this thread.

Since there is nothing divisive about a group called "Black Americans for Obama" then can I assume that the same would be true about a group called "White Americans for Romney"?

You cant allow one without allowing the other. To preach otherwise would bring us to another term-HYPOCRITE
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 05:09:44 AM »
Lakota, I get a chuckle every time I see your sig line.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."-
William F. Buckley, Jr.
held fast

Offline lakota

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 06:43:37 AM »
I dont think I have ever seen a statement that is more true than the one said by William F Buckley Jr. in my signature line.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 07:53:22 AM »
It took longer than I expected for the resident racial police to descend on this thread.
You ought not be harassing the OP because he posted a thread President Obama appealing to black Americans - that makes him 'racial police'?

Black people supporting Obama because he's black isn't substantially diff than when white evangelicals supported Bush because he knew enough of the lingo to make certain folks think that he was one of them... and then no other considerations applied, he was in .

Kind of like Obama, and some blacks.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 08:26:49 AM »

Black people supporting Obama because he's black isn't substantially diff than when white evangelicals supported Bush because he knew enough of the lingo to make certain folks think that he was one of them... and then no other considerations applied, he was in .

Yes, 2 horrible examples of voting for all the wrong reasons, neither of which justifies the other. Perhaps in this election, people who voted for the wrong reasons the first time will have learned the content of his character over the past 3 years and vote more wisely.
held fast

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 09:30:27 AM »
Yes, 2 horrible examples of voting for all the wrong reasons, neither of which justifies the other.
No justification attempted; simple explanation that it ain't unique to one party/persuasion.
Perhaps in this election, people who voted for the wrong reasons the first time will have learned the content of his character over the past 3 years and vote more wisely.
now this might be interesting - what are the right reasons to vote for someone?
People vote for folks like themselves, I think, and who they think agrees with them.

I'd be curious to know what glaring deficiencies are in the current president's character (not an invite for laundry list of King of Spades, Kenyan, Communist, Muslim etc...)

Offline lakota

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »

I'd be curious to know what glaring deficiencies are in the current president's character (not an invite for laundry list of King of Spades, Kenyan, Communist, Muslim etc...)

He is a liar. In most circles that qualifies as a glaring deficiency in character. http://obamalies.net/list-of-lies

And you skirted my original question, Officer-Since its ok to have "Blacks for Obama" would it also be ok to have "whites for Romney" or would the later be a racist group?

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 09:45:04 AM »
What I have learned about the content of his character of the past 3 years, since I did not know him prior:
- he genuinely thinks he deserves to be President. No humility. He really thinks hes smarter and better than everyone else.
- he has no appreciation for the contribution of others, our history, our heritage, our traditions. He has no connection with our past except what he deems as negative, and that he rejects.
- he and his wife have no genuine respect for the military; their speech and their hearts do not match on this item.
- he unabashedly abuses the office to expand powers.
- he has no regard for constitutional limits on government, or personal liberty.
- he is not a team player.
- he does not know how to inspire followers.
- he's not fiscally adept, and he's not humble enough to admit it. He ignored the suggestions of his own commission, a rare time he asked someone else's opinion, and summarily rejected it.
- he lacks class, style, elan, whatever you want to call it.
- he does not trust the American spirit, he must impose upon us a correct set of values and behavior. Personally, I know Americans to be far more charitable than the government could ever be, far more kind. He doesn't think so, and believes its government's job.
- he does not practice the faith he claims; that's a big one for me. Be who you say you are, or don't say you are.
- he's lied numerous times.
Some of this is not unique to him, I don't want to hear comparisons. I don't care if he's not as bad ... in your opinion ... as someone else ... in your opinion. The question was what do we know about Obama's character, so that's what I stuck with.
held fast

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 09:54:37 AM »
Quote from Team Nelson:
"What I have learned about the content of his character of the past 3 years, since I did not know him prior:- he genuinely thinks he deserves to be President. No humility. He really thinks hes smarter and better than everyone else.
- he has no appreciation for the contribution of others, our history, our heritage, our traditions. He has no connection with our past except what he deems as negative, and that he rejects.
- he and his wife have no genuine respect for the military; their speech and their hearts do not match on this item.
- he unabashedly abuses the office to expand powers.
- he has no regard for constitutional limits on government, or personal liberty.
- he is not a team player.
- he does not know how to inspire followers.
- he's not fiscally adept, and he's not humble enough to admit it. He ignored the suggestions of his own commission, a rare time he asked someone else's opinion, and summarily rejected it.
- he lacks class, style, elan, whatever you want to call it.
- he does not trust the American spirit, he must impose upon us a correct set of values and behavior. Personally, I know Americans to be far more charitable than the government could ever be, far more kind. He doesn't think so, and believes its government's job.
- he does not practice the faith he claims; that's a big one for me. Be who you say you are, or don't say you are.
- he's lied numerous times.
Some of this is not unique to him, I don't want to hear comparisons. I don't care if he's not as bad ... in your opinion ... as someone else ... in your opinion. The question was what do we know about Obama's character, so that's what I stuck with."

Guess it is a matter of perception as I do not agree with any of the above.
GuzziJohn

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 10:27:21 AM »

I'm with TN on this one.Growing up in the South, back in the 50's and 60's, I saw blacks treated as inferior citizens.Back of the bus, different water fountain, and a host of others. I never went to school with a Black person.Even after I went into the service I saw some discrimination.

That is no longer true!But instead of just fixing one problem, we have created another. Instead of equal rights for those who were oppressed, we have afforded them superior rights over the average White American. I like TN's What if analogy!

What if all politicians stopped using the language of division? What if candidates were to reach out to Americans, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender ...  I'd like to see Race removed from all federal forms, along with gender and religious preference. Our government should be color blind, not color aware. A rainbow is not comprised of alternating stripes of color, it is a natural refraction of light through pure water ... it does not have to try for diversity, it simply is a rainbow.

We should have reached the stage, where the Race Card is no longer used!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 10:31:24 AM »

He is a liar.
Without validating your claim, I'll say... nobody is just one thing. Tim Keller had a great line in a sermon on this: when someone lies to us, we call them A LIAR! - but when we lie, it isn't the same - we're multi-faceted! There are other considerations! 'Lie' is too strong a term!
And you skirted my original question, Officer-Since its ok to have "Blacks for Obama" would it also be ok to have "whites for Romney" or would the later be a racist group?
No skirting here, junior, it's okay by me. Perhaps you'll found this organization? I'll be interested to know the unifying concerns of white people, and whether Mr Romney will endorse your endorsement.
What I have learned about the content of his character of the past 3 years...

That sounds a LOT like the Repubs' brief against Bill Clinton...

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 10:50:41 AM »

He is a liar.
Without validating your claim, I'll say... nobody is just one thing. Tim Keller had a great line in a sermon on this: when someone lies to us, we call them A LIAR! - but when we lie, it isn't the same - we're multi-faceted! There are other considerations! 'Lie' is too strong a term!
No skirting here, junior, it's okay by me. Perhaps you'll found this organization? I'll be interested to know the unifying concerns of white people, and whether Mr Romney will endorse your endorsement.
What I have learned about the content of his character of the past 3 years...

That sounds a LOT like the Repubs' brief against Bill Clinton...
Were they incorrect about Bill Clinton?
And while all of us are guilty before God for lying, the consequences of that behavior are relevant in public life where honesty is expected while sitting in the office. There are no innocent candidates, or innocent people. But the office demands it, just as being a pastor demands a certain level of behavior not necessary of others. I did not know him prior to becoming President, so I did not know him to lie before. Sad that I learned it while he was in an office that demands honesty.
held fast

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »
I like the line about blacks that never voted before comming out for the first time to vote in the 2008 election.
That could be a good thing IF THEY HAD ANY IDEA OF WHO THEY WERE CASTING A VOTE FOR!
Go to you-tube and see Howard Stern reoporters asking obama voters what they thought about obama having 'Sarah Palin as his VP  pick.
Then see how many voters said they liked  obama saying he was wanting to OUTLAW  abortions.
That along with the obamanites saying they agreed with obama keeping the war going.
Proves that --ALL? MOST? A HIGH % ?of blacks voted for obama ((((ONLY))))) because of his color.
And when I say I want obama out of office ,, most people think I'm a racist, they don't think about what he does, they think everything is about only his color.
So who is the racists?

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »

Yellowtail I plead guilty as charged. Bush had enough lingo to fool me. You forgot to add that I was voting against Al Gore and then John Kerry. Why are all the good candidate filtered out in the primaries and in the general election we have to choose between the worst both parties have to offer?
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline lakota

Re: Re: obama launches black Americans for obama during black history month.
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 02:21:06 PM »
Quote from: yellowtail3 link=topic=2
No skirting here, junior, it's okay by me.
 Perhaps you'll found this organization? 
And perhaps someday you will get over your perceived moral superiority junior but that's not likely to happen any time soon now is it?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 03:46:02 PM »
Quote from: yellowtail3 link=topic=2
No skirting here, junior, it's okay by me.
 Perhaps you'll found this organization? 
And perhaps someday you will get over your perceived moral superiority junior but that's not likely to happen any time soon now is it?
You're so sensitive, Lakota, and forgetful! You addressed me as Officer, and so - assuming the character you assigned? - I addressed you a junior, kind of like that jerk cop in Philly address the guy openly carrying a few weeks ago.

You gonna start that White Boys for Romney organization, or not?

Offline powderman

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
he does not practice the faith he claims; that's a big one for me. Be who you say you are, or don't say you are.

TEAMNELSON. Great post Sir, all true, + obama has no morals or family values.
guzzi. You disagree because liberals see just the opposite of the truth, kinda like living your life seeing the world in a mirror. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 04:34:32 PM »
You gonna start that White Boys for Romney organization, or not?
Rhetorically ... clearly two wrongs don't make a right. Is it really helping make race irrelevant ... fulfilling Dr. King's dream ... to assume that blacks cannot be racist or that only whites can be racist? Should we not condemn racism everywhere its found, and not give a free pass because the current culprit was previously a victim? If you go back far enough in history, we were all once victims of bias ... does that then give us all a right to get a little payback, a little settling of the old debts? Seems to me in our heart of hearts, we have to admit that man is incapable of moving past differences, whatever they may be, regardless of whatever legislation you pass. So the sins of the father are passed down to the 3rd and to the 4th generation ...
held fast