Author Topic: Are you a retiree ?  (Read 707 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Are you a retiree ?
« on: February 24, 2012, 12:12:52 AM »
   Is a portion of your retirement paid by investments, such as 401K or IRA ?   If so, look to be robbed again...and he doesn't need a gun or a mask..

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obama-dividend-tax-retirees/2012/02/23/id/430318?s=al&promo_code=E40B-1

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Are you a retiree ?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 01:21:12 AM »
well, he's trying to force EVERYONE on to the public dole.
just wait till his second term starts, we ain't seen nothing yet.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:23:44 AM »
Oh wait, there's more.  Also included in the idiot's budget proposal is a plan to tax Corporations on the profits from their foreign operations.  I assume that in fairness he also would expect to tax foreign corporations with operations in the USA on their foreign operations.  I wonder just how dumb he thinks the people are who run multi-national corporations are.

How long would it take for those corporations to change their base of operations and become a foreign company?  Does he really think those multi-nationals are going to just sit and take it?  Obama and his entire regime are morons.
Swingem

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 03:46:19 AM »
Oh wait, there's more.  Also included in the idiot's budget proposal is a plan to tax Corporations on the profits from their foreign operations.  I assume that in fairness he also would expect to tax foreign corporations with operations in the USA on their foreign operations.  I wonder just how dumb he thinks the people are who run multi-national corporations are.

How long would it take for those corporations to change their base of operations and become a foreign company?  Does he really think those multi-nationals are going to just sit and take it?  Obama and his entire regime are morons.
make that communists morons.
my wife and I planned well, but I really worry about my daughters future.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:35:46 AM »
My dad was really into the "investment" game, but when he was on his last legs it was up to me to take it over. His broker made a $2000 error in his favor once when I was making a withdrawal. That was the best thing that could of happened because the money came out of stocks and bonds and into precious metal. I think history is proving the choice right and it ain't over yet.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 06:45:22 AM »
Nice try at creating hysteria. ;) The change in dividend tax will not affect IRAs.
The growth of all assets within an IRA, including the growth of dividends paid  into and possibly reinvested in the account, are tax-deferred. Even if a dividend is  reinvested into shares of stock, and that stock is later sold, the income from  the sale is still tax-deferred.
When distributions are taken from an IRA account, they are immediately taxable  at ordinary income rates. Even if a dividend paid into an account was originally  a "qualified" dividend, when it is withdrawn from an IRA, that special tax  status vanishes and it is taxed at ordinary income tax rates.
This is especially good news for those who like reminescing about the good ole days. The U.S. income tax had dividends treated as ordinary income from 1913 to 2003 so we're really going back to the long term tradition
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:27:47 AM »
If the Clinton Democrats had not robbed Social Security the funds would still be there for everyone who had earned it.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 12:20:26 PM »
With artificially low interest rates, most pension plans are woefully underfunded, some being an endangered species. Thank you Federal Reserve!

Only one candidate wants to get rid of the bankers bank.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
What is really going to hurt retirees is printing more and more paper money as fast as the gvt. can.

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 05:07:31 AM »
Ya know, they say you can live like a king in Peru and some other places for what it costs to just get by on in this country.  I've also been told by a friend who just got back from Peru that you can live on the sea coast there and it virtually never rains.  It sounds too good to be true, so it probably is, but if we don't get rid of our commie government--who knows?
Swingem

Offline killadeaux

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 05:31:22 AM »
American Equity currently has an annuity that guarantees 6.5% interest plus a 10% bonus added to your total  amout invested. If the Standard and Poor index does better than 6.5%, you may choose the higher return.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 07:15:20 AM »
I always get tickled when I hear all of the zombie apocalypse panic over the Social Security and private investment debate. You should recall that under FDR it became illegal to own gold, and only the feds can print money. The feds "guarantee " all bank accounts. I will become a retiree within the next 12-18 months. I will be able to pay everything off and be broke. I will have a small home, enough room for a big garden, a small orchard, room for a few animals, and new tools, appliances, and basic equipment.
     Nothing anyone could really steal, that would go bad or spoil, nothing of "monetary" value to tax really, just the means ( and the knowledge ) to produce my basic needs, and some for trade or sale at the farmers market. If retirement does pay out well, I can survive fairly comfortably, if it does work well, extremely comfortably. No yacht, no boat, no Caddy, just a front porch and an old Ford. I can live with that.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 11:11:07 AM »

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It sure seems that if he were nearly as intelligent as his Obamanite worshippers believe, he could easily see the damage these overbearing taxes will do.
   Fact is, he is not stupid...the only option left is...he wants to injure/damage & weaken our country; an honest conclusion !
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Sourdough;
  Don't forget, it was Clinton and the Dems who first started taxing SS !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline spitpatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 05:47:29 PM »
 Obama is using the Cloward-Piven Manefesto to destroy this Nation......and it's working.

Think about it, he's destroying us economically, socially, and militarily. This is the exact plan of Cloward & Piven to destroy a Country. He's no dummy....and what we see happening is by design, not ignorance or incompetence.

If this radical leftist muslim gets re-elected.......this Country is doomed. As a lame duck president, he'll stop at nothing to inflict as much damage as possible on EVERY American.
Quality will be remembered long after price is forgotten

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 10:39:10 PM »
Spitpatch;
   Amen...In no way can I argue with your conclusions...
  For those who are continually searching for a conspiracy behind every lampost....many remain remarkably in the dark concerning this one..

Offline magooch

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 04:20:49 AM »
The notion that Obama is intelligent is not born out by his beliefs, his lies and his actions.  The telling evidence of his mental deficiency is his obvious belief that the majority of the country is as dumb as he is.  But maybe my evaluation of our populace is overly optimistic.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 04:20:39 AM »
The notion that Obama is intelligent is not born out by his beliefs, his lies and his actions.  The telling evidence of his mental deficiency is his obvious belief that the majority of the country is as dumb as he is.  But maybe my evaluation of our populace is overly optimistic.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Magooch;
  Please note..  I didn't say Obama was intelligent, I only went so far as to say he wasn't stupid !  ;)   ;D   ;D   ;D