Author Topic: Gas prices raise daily, obama says he's doing everything he can to lower them.  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Gary G

• Trade Count: (0)
GaryG...I get hedging economics....its money 'getting', not really money 'earning'. There's a difference...capitalism was based on money 'earning'. Money 'getting' is the endstage of capitalism feeding on itself....(to borrow from Marx)..When it comes to the country called America....people need to do what works...not what economic dogma dictates.....'nationalizing' industries is the ultimate defense against the money 'getters'.....once the blinders and fancy rhetoric are removed. Your gas hedge illustrates how the printing press is the primary weapon used on Americans to wrest wealth from them.......Just sayin....sooner or later something is going to happen....especially when the peasants have had enough.
.TM7

TM, If I have earned money then I have a choice. I can use it for present consumption or I can forego present consumption to let others use the money hopefully for capital investment to their benefit. In doing so, I should be paid for putting off the things I could enjoy now. Now if people could not make such a choice, we would go back to a type of barter economy that could not support the present population. Nationalization has always led to poverty. Look where Venezuela is heading. 7 to 9% profit for oil companies on average is not extraordinary. I would wish them greater profit as more would go back into exploration and research making gasoline cheaper for me.
As for money printing, it always transfers the wealth of the people to the government and it's cronies.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat