Author Topic: Hogue Handall Jr.  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Hogue Handall Jr.
« on: February 25, 2012, 08:16:17 AM »
If you've got a PF-9 I highly recomend getting a Hogue Handall Jr. grip glove for it. They are fairly easy to put on and well worth the effort. The grip will fill your hand much better with one on it. Its a fantastic aid when firing the PF-9 too as it's way more comfortable and you get a much firmer grip on the PF-9. Everyone who I know that has put one on their PF-9's has nothing but good things to say about it. I added one to mine and am very glad I did.  I couldn't be more happy with it. :)

Offline flatlander

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Hogue Handall Jr.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:18:14 AM »
I'm going to give on a try on your recommendation. Sounds like a great add-on for it.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 12:07:53 PM »
I think you'll like it and find that it is. I researched a variety of makes and the Hogue Handall Jr. got nothing but great reviews. I like Pachmayer, and have one on my P-32, but the Pachmayer just doesn't fit well on the PF-9. Like many others they tend to move around when firing the PF-9. The Hogue Handall Jr. won't. They stay put. Myself, my son and my oldest grandson all have them now on our PF-9's  which we carry daily, shoot often, and we are quite happy with them.

Offline flatlander

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:42:51 PM »
I can't wait to get mine to the range. I love the way it conceals, and I think it will be a nice carry gun.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 04:04:09 PM »
I can't wait to get mine to the range. I love the way it conceals, and I think it will be a nice carry gun.

I'm lucky, my closest range is out my back door in the yard. :) Good luck and have fun.

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »
Did I read someplace that it's best installed upside down?

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 01:52:49 PM »
I put mine on right side up. Fits good that way so no idea why someone would put it on upside down. I don't really see how it would fit right upside down. Seems it would make the finger part  a bit awkward.

Offline bubbinator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 08:33:21 PM »
SpiritHawk-I respect your many posts on this forum. Before the Hogue grip came out-I, and many UC Agts I trained used bicycle inner tubes to do the same thing. Kel-Tec has a diagram on their site for it. It worked for us on G17s/22s/21s for yrs.  Now retired I carry a G22/G21 with the tube enhanced by several rubber bands. No holster/no print/ concealed carry in AL since 1970 with 1 police inquiry. A traffic accident I witnessed and stopped at got a check by a local PD Officer. Showed my badge and all was well. 1911s /BHPswith Pachmeyrs workthe same way. A wide tight belt is the secret.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 02:06:28 AM »
Tried some of the slip on grips and bike tube add ons. Didn't seem to improve anything for me, and made the grip harder to conceal. I like skateboard tape a little better on hard to hold surfaces. Stippling works best for me.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,