Author Topic: Apology to President Karzai ...  (Read 1002 times)

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
Apology to President Karzai ...
« on: February 25, 2012, 04:13:14 PM »
from an American woman. Perhaps the White House should hire her for speech writing.

* incase you were not aware of the incident she refers to, here's news from today.

2 American Officers Killed in Afghan Interior Ministry

held fast

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Apology to President Karzai ...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 04:37:37 PM »
TEAMNELSON. Thanks for posting that. Obummer appologized again because an American Church sent Christian Bibles there printed in their main 2 languages. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline spitpatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 04:49:43 PM »
 Love that apology! Especially the last part.
Quality will be remembered long after price is forgotten

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 04:03:40 AM »
They don't like their Corans being burned?  Nuke em--see how they like that.
Swingem

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 05:12:57 AM »
They don't like their Corans being burned?  Nuke em--see how they like that.
.What goes around comes around.....I guess when your country gets invaded and occupied any excuse for a little payback will do...you think?
TM7

In the past an invasion was not really possible. But the way the military is fixen to chopped up, it will be a very big possibily. They would probably be welcomed by many of the leftest. Then the headlines from the white house would read "well we deserve it"

Lonny

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 07:24:18 AM »
I believe the young lady had some valid points in her version of the apology ... we are in the country at Karzai's request, ostensibly implementing policy that is in keeping with the official Afghani governments wishes. I don't know any Military person of any rank that wants to remain in the country - we remain there because of how messed up the Karzai government is. That Obama apologized is an affront to the spirit of the mission that he supports and propagates. Karzai should be in a constant state of humility before us, apologizing for the blood and treasure we've spent for his friendship. Obama either is really and truly stupid, or really and truly hates his own country and stated religion, or both. That we're still in Afghanistan and he acts this way tells me volumes about his character, which was unknown to me prior to his election.
Karzai should be making a planet wide apology to the American people that 2 American Officers, who volunteered their lives, working in an Afghani Ministry Building to help his government succeed, in a secure area for which the Afghanis held responsibility, were shot and killed at point blank range.
held fast

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 08:51:03 AM »
TM7, let's just focus on the fact of the apology. The leader of the free world apologized to a dead man walking, a puppet, someone who was given offer he can't refuse. Why? It clearly was not to assuage true Muslims in Afghanistan, or else they'd do as you suggest ... publicly display the desecration of the Qu'ran done by the detainees who enscribed coded secrets within. So what purpose does it serve? If this is all theater, high drama, what am I supposed to believe about the character played by Obama? That he's an effete, a political eunuch?
Set aside Afghani public opinion for a moment ... what purpose does Obama's apology serve, since its not targeting true Islam? If he's truly in league with the false Islam, straw man target religion used to justify the MIC/NWO/Zionist crusades, how does this help the cause?
FWIW, I am using the language of conspiracy, as I understand the various theories to a high degree, but I confess I do not buy that this event warrants such.
held fast

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 08:56:05 AM »
I'm a little behind the curve here because the apology in the OP isn't there now.  Or at least I can't see it.  Is the link dead?  Am I missing something?

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »
I'm a little behind the curve here because the apology in the OP isn't there now.  Or at least I can't see it.  Is the link dead?  Am I missing something?

jlwilliams, I just checked it and its still there. might be a browser setting?
held fast

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:51:52 AM »
Kira for president

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 01:00:01 PM »
Karzai should be making a planet wide apology to the American people that 2 American Officers, who volunteered their lives, working in an Afghani Ministry Building to help his government succeed, in a secure area for which the Afghanis held responsibility, were shot and killed at point blank range.

TEAMNELSON. Amen brother. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jlwilliams

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 03:08:02 PM »

jlwilliams, I just checked it and its still there. might be a browser setting?

Might be something like that.  I just came back to the computer after a few hours away and sure enough, it works fine now.  My computer is a bit of a punk.

I agree with the general sentiment of the woman.  Her opinions and observations are valid.  I too wish we had a President with balls.  I'm not going to pick nits over the details, I agree with the sentiment and that's enough when it comes to an opinion piece like this.

I see TM7's point that the desecration of the qur'ans may have been turned into a possable win or at least not have become the poop storm that the burning has become.  Would it have been a real "home run" to show the jihadis to be less than pious muslims?  I doubt it.  I suspect that those within the Islamic world as a whole would give them a pass because they were prisoners of the Great Satan.  I also doubt that the word of Quranic desecration by Muslim hands would have really spread.  Al Jazira would certainly have found other stories to run.  Stories that keep the ire of the worlds' muzzies focused squarely on Jews, Zionists and Crusaders.  Could this have been handled better or at least differently?  20-20 hindsight says...yes it surely could have been handled better.  When a situation arose that called for destruction of damaged Qur'ans (especially in a Muslim country) one would think that the officer making that call would have consulted an imam to get an idea of the correct and accepted protocol.  That wasn't done and should have been.

I see the murder in retribution as being wholeley out of proportion to the percieved offense of the destruction of texts.  No matter how holy one regards the text as, doesn't placing that sort of holiness on the physical ink and paper copy of those words constitute idolatry?  Idolatry is a sin in the context of Islam, is it not?  They are pretty strict about worshiping God, not worshiping images of God.  Maybe one of you with a better understanding of that religion can explain that for me.

Back to the woman's apology.  The world trembles at the though of offending Muslims because they will riot at any slight.  The President of the United States of America is apologising to a tin horn dictator who would be a corpse without that same President's continued support, because the world's most powerful nation is a fly spec compared to the world's most populous and powerful religion.  They are so many and so violent that they are within a few generations of global hegemony.   I share her frustration.  I'm no fan of this president, but I'm a huge fan of this nation.  To see our President prostrate himself (and therefor all of us) wounds me.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 04:23:11 PM »
Kira for president

Meaning no disrespect to Kira, I believe she is as qualified as our current President, for the office, perhaps more so. And I definitely find some of her ideas more 'presidential'. She was also able to deliver a scripted speech with much greater enthusiasm and sincerity than the current teleprompter-and-chief. It would gladden my heart if she received a few write in votes. I may write the Ron Paul campaign and see if they've picked a running mate for him yet.
held fast

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 06:46:24 AM »
We'll be too dismantled by 2014 to continue a land war in Asia. All I'm getting through official channels points to technology over manpower ... fielding the J35, getting our Strategic Assets up to snuff. Current political climate does not want to believe the truth of a winnable war, because thats only done with troops on the ground. Instead we're going for strategic dominance, which puts us all at risk for limited gain, but keeps their hands clean in their own mind. If we engage Iran, look for it to be from off shore and over the horizon.
held fast

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 07:45:30 AM »
We'll be too dismantled by 2014 to continue a land war in Asia.
Well, we've pretty much been on a war footing - or near it - since TF38 first sailed.
All I'm getting through official channels points to technology over manpower ... fielding the J35, getting our Strategic Assets up to snuff. Current political climate does not want to believe the truth of a winnable war, because thats only done with troops on the ground.
Americans have been hoping for a winnable war for sixty years now.
If we engage Iran, look for it to be from off shore and over the horizon.
I'll go one record with this opinion: it would be a stupid move to go to war on Iran. I think that if Barbara Tuchman were still around, she'd likely rate us launching a war on Iran as a one of the March of Folly.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 08:35:34 AM »
We'll be too dismantled by 2014 to continue a land war in Asia.
Well, we've pretty much been on a war footing - or near it - since TF38 first sailed.
All I'm getting through official channels points to technology over manpower ... fielding the J35, getting our Strategic Assets up to snuff. Current political climate does not want to believe the truth of a winnable war, because thats only done with troops on the ground.
Americans have been hoping for a winnable war for sixty years now.
If we engage Iran, look for it to be from off shore and over the horizon.
I'll go one record with this opinion: it would be a stupid move to go to war on Iran. I think that if Barbara Tuchman were still around, she'd likely rate us launching a war on Iran as a one of the March of Folly.

It would be ill advised on many levels, particularly since we would willfully enter said engagement with 2 legs and our strong side hand lopped off, higher brain function dismantled, and the dominant eye poked out. There'd be no exit strategy, and no clean way to leave. We'd expend our guided missiles down to the same level as the UK, i.e. none, with no $ to replenish.
held fast

Offline Hooker

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 06:53:12 PM »
If I didn't know better I say someones tinfoil hat was much to tight ;)
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356