Author Topic: What do you make of this ?  (Read 281 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
What do you make of this ?
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »
  2 guys not qualified to be president..
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The Natural-Born QuestionFebruary 23, 2012 by Bob                 Livingston Where did the Founding Fathers come up with the term                 “natural-born citizen” that they used in the qualifications for                 President?The term comes from The Law of Nations by Emerich                 de Vattel in 1758.The Founders, all very learned and scholarly men,                 referenced many works as they deliberated on exactly what the                 Constitution should say: those of John Locke and Sir William                 Blackstone among them. But their ideas on citizenship obviously                 came from Vattel.Benjamin Franklin ordered three copies of Vattel’s Le                 droit des gens (The Law of Nations) from the                 publishing house of Chez E. van Harrevelt in the original                 French. Upon receiving it, Franklin wrote to Vattel’s editor,                 C.G.F. Dumas, “I am much obliged by the kind present you have                 made us of your edition of Vattel. It came to us in good season,                 when the circumstances of a rising state make it necessary                 frequently to consult the Law of Nations. Accordingly, that copy                 which I kept has been continually in the hands of the members of                 our congress, now sitting, who are much pleased with your notes                 and preface, and have entertained a high and just esteem for                 their author.”What exactly does Le droit des gens say about                 citizenship? In “§ 212 Of the citizens and naturals,” Vattel                 writes: “The citizens are the members of the civil society;                 bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its                 authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The                 natives, or natural-born citizens, are                 those born in the country, of parents who are                 citizens. As the society cannot exist and                 perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the                 citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their                 fathers, and succeed to all their rights. The society is                 supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its                 own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that                 each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children                 the right of becoming members of it. The country of the fathers                 is therefore that of the children; and these become true                 citizens merely by their tacit consent. We shall soon see                 whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may                 renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which                 they were born. I say, that, in order to be of the country, it                 is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen;                 for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the                 place of his birth, and not his country.”The term “natural-born citizen” is used only in the                 qualifications for President. It is not used in the                 qualifications for Representative or Senator. It’s clear the                 Founders meant for the person holding the office of President to                 have a loyalty to the United States only, and that’s why they                 used that term specifically.Neither Barack Obama nor Marco Rubio had parents (plural)                 who were citizens, and that is why Obama is ineligible to hold                 the office of President and Rubio — despite the wishes of many                 Republicans — is ineligible to run as Vice President.
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo       

If this is accurate, the only contention I can see is if Rubio's parents have become naturalized since coming here so many years ago; that would have to be investigated.  Obviously the Muslim, communist, Kenyan ... Obama sr, whom Barry boasts of getting his agenda from.. was not a citizen; at least not of the US.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
Re: What do you make of this ?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:41:29 AM »
I thought you knew IG, rules only apply to Republicans. democrats are exempt.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: What do you make of this ?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:00:23 PM »
You're right bilmac...  Dems don't have to do well; in fact they can fail miserably..so long as they MEAN to do well.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)