Author Topic: GRAYBEARD'S SUGGESTION FOLLOWED  (Read 550 times)

Offline razmuz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
GRAYBEARD'S SUGGESTION FOLLOWED
« on: January 24, 2004, 04:49:36 AM »
OK Mr. Graybeard I followed your advice and went to one of your sponsors. SWFA.  I bought the Z-Conquest 3-9X40.  Their really not set up for walk in customers and are mostly mail order.  They asked me for a tax number which I didn't have, however, since I'm a land owner I qualified as a farmer/rancher.  I never got to talk to Jeff or anyone other than the receptionist.  Oh well, I knew what I wanted so had no problem, but it would have been nice to compare the Zeiss to the B-4200.  I think I'm going to really like this scope, the 1/4 clicks you can do with your fingers are worth a lot.  To be truthful I don't think this scope will improve my type hunting over my tried and true Leupold's.  The Zeiss is brighter by just a little bit.  Time will tell ,but I'm not for sure that I can't pick up the sight picture quicker with the Leupold.  Anyway, I now have "snob appeal."

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: GRAYBEARD'S SUGGESTION FOLLOWED
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 09:46:35 AM »
Quote from: razmuz
 Anyway, I now have "snob appeal."

Wait till you get a high-end Zeiss or Swarovski - you know, the ones that cost about $1,800 with the illuminated reticles.   Problem is, you may not have the appeal of a snob, but some others may appeal to you as being a snob.

Truth be told, that's not the primary reason why I don't own those super high-end Ferrari and Lamborghini optics - it's mostly because I just can't afford them.  Oh well, my Elite 4200s are just fine thank you very much! :grin:

Zachary