Author Topic: Looking at a tru-glo  (Read 579 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Looking at a tru-glo
« on: February 28, 2012, 05:53:19 AM »
I have a Tru-Point already and I like it. But it's a 300$ scope

My question is about  the Tru-Brite? It's 70$ on sale... http://www.truglo.com/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;MULTI_ITEM_SUBMIT

Any all comments welcome.

Primarily will be for pistol but may spend some time as a side mount on a defensive carbine.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Looking at a tru-glo
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:59:05 AM »
I had a true glo 6.5x20 scope someone gave me. It was a true pos and i gave it away myself promply
blue lives matter

Offline Huffmanite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:26:23 AM »
Glanced at the truglow website you posted....didn't see any $70 truebright scope, so not sure what particular Truglow brand scope you're asking about.  I have a couple of low end truglow scopes bought from Natchez a couple of years ago.....6-24x44mm ones that Natchez still lists to sell in the $70 price range.  Have them mounted on a couple of sporterized surplus military centerfire rifles that I shoot at range on occassion.  My particular Truglows are not a scope I'd recommend.  2nd one I bought, wouldn't hold zero....returned/exchanged for another one, which has held zero.  One has good windage/elevation adjustment clicks, other has practically none.  Optics are OK for my range target shooting, usually 100 yards to 200 max.  LOL, I'm actually loath to admit optics seem clear to me at highest power, no fuzziness, distortion and etc. However, sometimes wonder if the scopes have any coatings on their lens.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:08:27 AM »
For the most part I agree Lloyd. I have looked at the cheapie tru-glos and thought them poor quality. But the Tru-point I have is very nice... But it was almost 300$!  ::)  Extra $$ dosent gaurenty quality I know... ;D

I should have clarified... $70 on sale this week/month at Midway...  ;) ::)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 06:59:56 AM »
I haven't gotten the scope yet.... But a friend sent me some links and I may have jumped too fast..

The Tru-Glo is over 5.3 oz has 1 min adjustments ( ouch!) and over 3 1/4" long. With small 2.5 and 5 min dots. Also offering ring dot and two colors. Neither of which do I care at all about. I like the fine don't for prefixes shooting and the bigger dot for speed.

Now I wanted the Bushnell TRS- 25. I jumped on the Tur Glo cause of costs.... Well it's not a 150$ scope it's a $90 for 70$. The Bushnell has a 3 min dot, is almost 125$, the Bushnell is 3.7 oz, has 1/2 min adjustments and 2.4" long.

Size is meaningless really on the carbine as both are plenty small. But that extra 2pz on a pistol could be a deal breaker....

I should have it in a day to three but already I am thinking of returning for the Bushnell I should have bought to begin with......

CW

NRA LIFE Member