Author Topic: I'm tired of the mud throwing  (Read 536 times)

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
I'm tired of the mud throwing
« on: February 28, 2012, 06:18:36 AM »
I'm tired of the candidates blaming each other, using " cute" phrases, sounding like a group of gossiping women and not getting to the important matters. I want to know what they think the problems are and exactly how they would fix them.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Re: I'm tired of the mud throwing
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:04:05 AM »
I want to know what they think the problems are and exactly how they would fix them.

But those statements wouldnt fit into a 15 second sound byte as well as the cute little one liners they throw around do. They are all pretty much a bunch of useless wind bags.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »
 I agree they should get more to the reason they want the job. But on the other hand, this is not mudslinging. Wait until on is chosen and they get attacked by the media oops I meant Democrats ;)

Lonny

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 03:01:33 PM »
I guarantee that if they did, if there was ANY candidate that actually put forth a comprehensive, detailed, and specific plan, that there would not be a dozen people in a town of 5,000 take the time to read it. If he put it into a speech it would take a couple of work weeks at least to make and to listen to, and if it was intelligent and rational enough to work, at least 70% of the population (that can read) would have to have a dictionary and a thesaurus to listen to it. It would put at least that percentage to sleep before the first commercial break. I also dare say that about 80% would really be PO'd at it

What people love to hear is that whatever is wrong, it is that OTHER guys fault. Someone ELSE should pay for it. If only we stopped corruption, foreign aid, welfare, it would all be OK. Jesus would have done it different.

The truth is YOU will have to pay more and get less. YOU are not contributing nearly as much as you believe, and are actually benefiting more than you think. Corruption, various aid programs, and welfare add to the totals, but if they were all stopped tomorrow they would not make a serious dent in the problem. If YOU got everything your way the lagoon we are now in would look like Eden revisited. And that applies to EVERYONE.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 03:26:47 PM »
  Twoshooter says;
    " I guarantee that if they did, if there was ANY candidate that actually put forth a comprehensive, detailed, and specific plan, that there would not be a dozen people in a town of 5,000 take the time to read it"
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Twoshooter;
   You of course are correct; few would actually read a candidate's platform in it's entirety.  After all, those who are highly paid to read such material very carefully, don't always do it !

Consider a large portion of congress who relish the opportunity to remain ignorant on a given subject !

" You have to vote for it (put it into law), so you can see what's in it."   (Nancy Pelosi)   ...and they dutifully voted it into LAW.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 04:16:21 PM »
Anybody who bothered to think through solutions, stick with ideas over muck raking, and offer genuine plans to address our current problems would most likely be laughed at by the MSM, and likened to someone's kooky old grandpa. No, we're probably much safer just voting the party line and kickin the can down the road. I mean our kids and grandkids have plenty of time to sort this all out.
held fast

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »
Anybody who bothered to think through solutions, stick with ideas over muck raking, and offer genuine plans to address our current problems would most likely be laughed at by the MSM, and likened to someone's kooky old grandpa. No, we're probably much safer just voting the party line and kickin the can down the road. I mean our kids and grandkids have plenty of time to sort this all out.
Unfortunately that is what many do. The question is- " How that working out for us?"
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------