Author Topic: Nosler 130Gr Accubond in .260 Remington Encore rifle  (Read 609 times)

Offline Rol Page

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Nosler 130Gr Accubond in .260 Remington Encore rifle
« on: February 29, 2012, 04:19:56 AM »
I have a MGM 24" barrel in 260 Remington on my Encore and am attempting to get it to group better than 2" with Nosler 130gr Accubonds handloads @ 100yds.  With Sierra 120gr ProHunter handloads it is pretty consistent at just under 1" @ 100yds. therefore I do not look at defective or loose scope/ring/base issues to be the problem.  My scope is a Leupold VariX III 2.5X8.  I also have a Contender rifle in .223 that will group into 1" @ 100yds, therefore I believe that my skill is not the limiting factor at this point.

My Accubond loads have used Remington brass, 45.0gr Reloder 19 and Remington 9 1/2 primers, attempting to duplicate the Nosler Reloading Guide most accurate load.  Any suggestions will be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
NRA and NYS Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Nosler 130Gr Accubond in .260 Remington Encore rifle
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 05:27:37 AM »
Specifically I can't help you.
The fact is that most barrels are somewhat picky on what sort of powder and bullet combination they like and some they don't like at all.
That Accubond bullet might just be one of the "Don't Like" bunch in that barrel.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline TwoSeventy

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »
I know that all rifles are different, but I've had the best luck with H4350 in the 260 Rem. It gives good velocities, and is very temperature stable too.
Another thing to consider is that Reloader 19 may be just a little on the slow side for the 130 gr. bullets. I did alot of testing with IMR 4831 and H4831, which has a burn rate similar to Reloader 19, and just was not impressed with the results. I think Reloader 17 may be a more suitable powder for the 260 Rem., if you are looking to stay with these powders.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
Looking at your choice of primers I suggest to use something a little hotter. The Rem's are on the mild side.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.