Author Topic: 1981 12 gauge H&R Topper  (Read 525 times)

Offline clcreek

• Trade Count: (0)
1981 12 gauge H&R Topper
« on: March 01, 2012, 07:55:18 PM »
I was given this with a 12 inch barrel - I ditched the barrel but would like to put a new one on it.  I called the company to ask and they quite mater of factly told me "NO".  I have seen that there are many barrels on ebay for sale...

In 81 the receiver was neither SB-1 or SB-2.  Will barrels for the SB-1 fit the receiver?

I tried searching around on here to find the answer and didn't find anything, anyone have any advise on what will or will not fit this receiver?

Thanks!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: 1981 12 gauge H&R Topper
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:59:47 AM »
Welcome! Since no one has taken a shot at this yet, I will even tho I don't have an early '80s H&R shotgun, I do have an 80's model 158 30-30 barrel on a modern frame and I know others that have done the opposite, I think you'll find it is just like modern production frames and barrels, a barrel may or may not fit, some will fit fine, others will take a lot of work to get them fitted, but it can be done.  If the barrel you try has a threaded forend stud, it most likely will work just fine when properly fitted, see the FAQs and Help sticky barrel fitting info.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain