Author Topic: yall get'n yur scatterguns redi for tha gobblers...............  (Read 1977 times)

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
Re: yall get'n yur scatterguns redi for tha gobblers...............
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 02:04:17 PM »
pete simular critter prollum here... yeller flies, skeeders tha size of dragonflies !!!
 an cottonmouths :o  i'll take my chances wif rattlers, but them cottonmouths be tha 3u's..
unheard, unseen and unforgivin..... they'll killa man in short time an nasty.
ifin it wud'nt been for tha chopper, i'd been planted several years ago.
bugs ain't no fun...neither is play'n wifa critter fromhell !!! :o
but, we will be intha wood's an search'n for them gobblers wif tears in them eye's... ;D

sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 04:34:15 AM »
Doc,

Seems like I got some good huntin' buddies.   I told some folks I was takin' my friend with Parkinson's to hunt turkeys and now I have two more freinds going with me to help out. 8)    With or without a turkey in the pot we are going to have a good time;  bunch of old farts eatin' & drinkin' (not much anymore :P ) and telling lies about our youth.  Can't beat that for a good time.

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 05:00:20 AM »
Always walk outside to pursue my last bad habit (smoking) and am outside every morning at dawn with a cup of coffee. We live in the woods and this morning there was a gobbler cutting up just over the hill behind the house. Season doesn't come in here in Alabama until the 15th so I just had to listen and enjoy. Haven't turkey hunted in years but got to thinking just how good fried turkey breast was. Think I'll get my calls out and practice up for the next few days and jump on the oppurtunity if it comes up again.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline gendoc

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 07:22:48 AM »
Always walk outside to pursue my last bad habit (smoking) and am outside every morning at dawn with a cup of coffee. We live in the woods and this morning there was a gobbler cutting up just over the hill behind the house. Season doesn't come in here in Alabama until the 15th so I just had to listen and enjoy. Haven't turkey hunted in years but got to thinking just how good fried turkey breast was. Think I'll get my calls out and practice up for the next few days and jump on the oppurtunity if it comes up again.

yep down here in lowest bama, we started youth hunt yesterday...
 and man did we have fun yeah !!
grandson called ina nice gobbler ana jake, but they freaked ontha decoys we had out :o
we got sum them new kinds and they ain't no better'n than tha homemade ones we have always used.......jus more spendy............ :P

i think tha friendly season has done come an gone......but there isa few stragglers
they musbe kinda shy for court'n them hens ::)

Doc,

Seems like I got some good huntin' buddies.   I told some folks I was takin' my friend with Parkinson's to hunt turkeys and now I have two more freinds going with me to help out. 8)    With or without a turkey in the pot we are going to have a good time;  bunch of old farts eatin' & drinkin' (not much anymore :P ) and telling lies about our youth.  Can't beat that for a good time.

BB
bb, you got it go'n on in fine style !!!!!!!! ;)

sea-ya.....

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

Offline RPRNY

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 06:16:08 AM »
Apostasy, I know. Not an H&R. My Weatherby SAS, all around bad weather, waterfowl and turkey gun. Season doesn't start in VT until May 1.

[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]

Offline geartow

• Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »
I will be carrying my Ithaca model 66 lever action 20 G for spring gobblers here in  CNY.  I wish they would make a Handi rifle on the model 66 frame style.
Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!

Offline gendoc

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »
even tho yurn ain'ta handi......its gud ta know that yur in tha game !!! ;)

so far, we both.. j3 an I a have called in 2 each. but nuthin intha cooler yet !!!!
been jakes ana few hens... so far no gobblers within touch'n distance.
and we are hard-core about distances. we'll let'um strut befor we'll take'um
after our cut off point.

sea-ya.....

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2012, 09:55:44 AM »
doc, sorry, it ain't a handi, but I just got a Benelli Supernova 12 3.5" and wanted to brag about. Just wanted a piece of heavy artillery.

Don't know anything about calling, but around the Metro area, there are guys who like calling and don't care about shooting. At our deer lease in Shelby Co, you can just about run over the turkeys with a car, so I am going to get my initiation. Either going to get check it off my bucket list or have a new obsession. If I get one, will post in Ala,Miss,Ga.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline gendoc

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 10:28:34 AM »
pow, before daylight... owl call, break of day, crow call...
these are great shock calls for locating them critters. then ya set-up shop for
call'n them gobblers in witha glass/slate or perferably purple heart box call...
thatsa jus me... other's mileage my vary............. 8)
i wish you great luck in your new addiction !! jus wait tilya get one stand'n in front of ya :o
from then on......your hooked ;)  i been thataway for 57years ;D
sea-ya.....

Offline geartow

• Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2012, 02:12:04 PM »
Sorry on usin da Handi scattergun there are 5 of dem in da safe. I have a thang for lever guns also . I just picked up a basket case Ithaca 66 rusted bad someone removed all the finish and left it in the raw . But barrel is shiny and it fires.

Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!