Author Topic: We're all proud of our stuff, but maybe telling more than we should...  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
I was perusing the Just Wondering ... How Many H&R and NEF on this forum Sticky when it struck me that we're tallying our arsenals for anyone that may come looking.  I mean, we legislate the government not to, then we voluntarily do it ourselves.  Does that make sense?

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
we're tallying our arsenals for anyone that may come looking

Let them come;I didn't tell them about these:

Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline AR50shooter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Retired Correction Sgt.
Smokin Joe, You could just tell them it's some kinda new fangled speaker system. "Get REAL CLOSE you'll like the sound". ;)

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
 ;D ;D ;D
Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline Rodland

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
I agree with what you are saying, but I don't think you can use government & voluntarily in the same sentence. If you ask I will tell, If you demand I will clam up. Just my $.02 worth
My remember'er is broke, but my forgetter is getting better.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
I was perusing the Just Wondering ... How Many H&R and NEF on this forum Sticky when it struck me that we're tallying our arsenals for anyone that may come looking.  I mean, we legislate the government not to, then we voluntarily do it ourselves.  Does that make sense?
I agree with Land_Owner, it doesn't make sense.  I guess we're all a little guilty of bragging too much.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline RWK

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Your right, to much info.

Offline wralyn

• Trade Count: (1)
It's comforting to know that there are so many "arsenals" that will stand beside me...if the government comes a-knockin'!

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Just cause I admit I got them, don't mean they can find them.  One a .350 Rem Mag is hidden in a 55gal drum, along with an entire camp set-up.  Plus a second drum with two months of food.  All this is hidden down in the Alaska Range.  Mighty big area, my son, and my Hunting Partner know where it is, but no one else.  I've walked in three different times opened the drums and used the rifle.  When done I oil it down and put it back.  There is also two boxes of ammo.  If I use any of the food I replace it during the summer.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline geartow

• Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster

That is the reason I never post pics of what I may or may not have. You will have to take my word if I mention that I have something.

Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
Re: We're all proud of our stuff, but maybe telling more than we should...
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »
 I understand and agree with what you say Land_Owner. But it they bother to read through the H&R posting area(they wont), They will go bonkers trying to figure out if you sold it or parts of it or traded or turnded it in to a tomato steak. ;D   or just like to talk smak ;)

Indiana does not require FFL to buy and sell guns to individuals, so the paper is near non existant.

Lonny

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 01:19:36 PM »
With how often you Handi Guys buy sell and trade stuff the things you posted a week a go are no longer accurate.
And yes there are a few posts I wish I could take back. Or opt out of after the conversation goes sideways.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 01:33:58 PM »
They will go bonkers trying to figure out if you sold it or parts of it or traded or turnded it in to a tomato steak. ;D   or just like to talk smak ;)

That right there is real good.  That last part caught me off guard, I didn't see it coming, and I am still laughing out loud. 

Sourdough...I catch your drift.  You will be well positioned in the event of an event.  It's good to be the King.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 01:40:19 PM »
awhell !!!!!!!!! today i was tote'n my arsenal across tha bay back to tha primary crib, and shur-nuff tha airboat gotta drank of sum bad fuel and stood up on its hind quarters and dumped all my shoot'n irons in 497 ana 1/2ft of murky brackish water.
so there gone and i don't want no more............... ::)
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline Brewster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 01:44:38 PM »
Wow.    LaPierre been salting your water supplies with his paranoia potion?

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 02:53:45 PM »
First of all, with the pushing of a few buttons they know how many sheets of toilet paper you use a day and what brand and type. Also, they dont worry too much about us, we are in the open, the really dangerous guys will never be known until after they are either successful or arrested. Also, if they wanted to collect anyone they would send a whole platoon of LEO's and SWAT guys, armor, etc, so you are toast before you get started. Any truly effective action will involve very few firearms and not be traceable to anyone, in fact, it should look like an accident, or even an act of nature.If you ever have to go to direct confrontation, everything is lost already.
    Also, think about it, do you have a list anywhere for insurance purposes?
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 02:54:09 PM »
A lot of truth in what has been said, but all in all it is probably a topic better for another forum. As has been so wisely said," Id rather be thought a fool than open my mouth and prove it"; oops, there I go inserting foot in mouth again.........
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline oldsoldja

• "what ever you do, dont smoke."
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • endeavor to persevere
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 03:09:07 PM »
You just dont get high fidelity like that anymore.
we're tallying our arsenals for anyone that may come looking

Let them come;I didn't tell them about these:

TDC, 2x TJC, 7x57, 3030mann,.356,300aac,.30carbine,2x50-70, 375win,243 fluted,30-06 ported, 454 casull,270 fluted.458wm,7mm-08 shorty,223 shorty,35 whel,16g folder, 357talo, 45colt carbine,35 rem,22250 fluted, 4570shorty, 22hornetshorty , 357max, 17m2,7.62x39, 12g fluted slug, 450 marlin, 22mag, 22lr,10g camo, 38-55, 17hmr custom, 410g, m48 16g,44 mag talo,410-12m, m8-12g, m158 20g, 22jet ,wh 45-70 bc,.280,58 50 45 MLS, 12g folder,4x 30-30,3x17hmr,m4816g,410,.308,45-120,3x204 fluted, 20gslug, 25-06,12g ported slug, 20g ribbed, .270ported, 22h mann, 500shorty .357.444,20g,45-70,223,12g, 7.62x39 shorty, 20g greenwing, 500sw talo, 4x 45-70 bc, 22khornet

Offline dogtagg88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »
In some of the most repressive countries in the world, single shot firearms are the only weapons allowed to most citizens.
Topper 12,16,410  TrackerI 20ga  Handi Rifle 30-30

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 04:13:22 PM »

My 2 cents.

Never take your eye off a hated enemy, no matter how badly wounded.

The gun control movement beats it's drum occasionally, and the NRA sends out fund raisers as it should.  In reality the gun control movement died during the 2000 presidential election.  Neither party will rehash an issue that cost them a presidential election.  The media created a convention wisdom that Bush beat Gore because of the Supreme Court decision on the Florida recount.  That is not why Gore lost.  Gore was pro gun control and his gun loving home state of Tennessee voted for Bush.  If Gore would have won Tennessee, he would have had the 270 electoral votes need to win the presidency.  The Florida recount would have never happened.

Never take your eyes off the gun hatters, they must be beat down.  Right now gun sales are at an all time high, and gun ownership is expanding as a percentage of the population.  And, the largest growing group of gun owners is women.  Being seen as the anti-gun political party is political suicide.

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 06:50:11 AM »
I'm not so worried about what they are gettin from us here it's the eye's in the sky that worry me ;)  Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"