Author Topic: Opinions on Titegroup  (Read 658 times)

Offline mattmillerrx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Opinions on Titegroup
« on: March 05, 2012, 02:30:02 PM »
The short story is I am looking for a new powder to play with.  I am considering Titegroup a powder I have no experience with and wanted to know if your experience has been positive.

Calibers this may be used in include: 9mm, 38 special, 38 special Wadcutters, .357 mag, 44 special, 44 mag, 45 acp, and 45 Colt.

I have been using Unique for years and likely won't change that unless this turns out to be really good.  But there have been several occasions I wished I had another powder on hand to try out.  I do like powders like this that work across several calibers and bullet weights.

In the mags, I rarely load full house ammo anymore and do have powder on hand for that.  So, the mags I would be looking for moderate loads.

Thanks,

Matt

Offline 243dave

• A Real Regular
Re: Opinions on Titegroup
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:41:04 PM »
I use Titegroup in my 45colt trapper for light to moderate and "cat-sneeze" loads.  It burns clean and takes little of it to get bullets up to speed.  The only thing I can say negative about Titegroup is it would be easy to throw a double charge because it takes so little but the plus side of that is a pound goes a long ways.  The only two pistol powders I use is H-110 and Titegroup and I doubt that will change anytime soon.   

Offline KAYR1

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »
I've only used Titegroup in .45 Colt, and it works very well with cast bullets. Not sensitive to where it sits in the case, and a little goes a long way.

Offline Chappy

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:23:59 AM »
I use Titegroup in .380, 9mm, 38 spec., moderate .357 mag., .45 acp, .45 Colt, and plinker .454 Cas. loads.
Small amounts in large cases perform well and this powder costs less than many others.
Great powder!

Bob R.

Offline Flynmoose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 06:03:39 PM »
I have used Titegroup in 45 ACP for a 1911 and carbine very satisfactorily. I have also loaded +P 38 loads with it, very economical and gets the job done.
FM
Dear God please protect our troops, especially the snipers.

Offline bobthenailer

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 05:25:48 AM »
I have been useing TG since it was introduced to replace BE as my go to powder for loads from 700 to 1,100 fps and excellent accuracy with cast bullets in the following calibers 32 acp , 380 acp , 38 special , 357 mag , 44 mag , 45 acp , 454 casull . For the 9mm & 38 super with cast bullets ive obtained better accuracy with powders such as WSF , Power Pistol & HS6 .
 after burning about 20 lbs so far and  having 2 new 8 lb jugs on the shelf ! id say i like it alot