Author Topic: Super Tuesday in Ohio...  (Read 836 times)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Super Tuesday in Ohio...
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:05:54 AM »
and I am sick and tired of the way it is being covered in the media. They are acting as if its a 2 candidate field-Santorum and Romney. No mention of any of the others running. Last night before I went to bed a local station reported on polls for Ohio and they projected 32% for Romney and 31% for Santorum. Add those up...63% so who are the other 37% voting for? If the remaining 37% vote for one guy then the 2 media darlings are in a bit of trouble.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Super Tuesday in Ohio...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:07:27 AM »
As much as it may hurt you, reality is setting in. There isn't going to be an RP nominated.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:23:38 AM »
Looked like a good turn out when I voted for Newt. I also think we need bases on the moon. Just think when you go to the firing range that bullet would go for miles instead of yards. :)
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline lakota

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »
As much as it may hurt you, reality is setting in. There isn't going to be an RP nominated.

You are right there. If he got 90+% of the vote he still wouldnt be nominated. There is no way the bloated establishment is going to allow a libertarian leaning cadidate to be elected.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 08:41:40 AM »
................. I also think we need bases on the moon. Just think when you go to the firing range that bullet would go for miles instead of yards. :)

If you get the elevation right you could shoot yourself in the butt ;)  !!
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Casull

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 10:10:59 AM »
If he got 90+% of the vote he still wouldnt be nominated. There is no way the bloated establishment is going to allow a libertarian leaning cadidate to be elected.

It has nothing to do with the "establishment".  The voters just aren't voting for him.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 11:30:33 AM »
Dr. Ron Paul didn't do well, so I'm not particularly interested. Guess it'll be Romney, after all. Better him than Santorum...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »
Dr. Ron Paul didn't do well, so I'm not particularly interested. Guess it'll be Romney, after all. Better him than Santorum...

I don't really care either, but I've seen this as a Romney backed GOP from day one! Who ever wins it! This time they will shower RP with attention and praise unlike last time.They know he would be a terrible roadblock for them if he runs as an Independent.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »

I don't really care either, but I've seen this as a Romney backed GOP from day one! Who ever wins it! This time they will shower RP with attention and praise unlike last time.They know he would be a terrible roadblock for them if he runs as an Independent.

He says he won't, let's see if he does what he says.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »
No doubt Romney has been the establishment pick from the start. He has been my very last pick from the beginning, so it is maddening to me to say the least! :(
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 05:40:35 AM »

I don't recall ever hearing him say, No! I will not run as an Independent. Could you show me a link to that statement?

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 06:55:35 AM »

Well I can tell you that my vote wont be for Obama and it wont be for Romney...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 07:07:06 AM »

I don't recall ever hearing him say, No! I will not run as an Independent. Could you show me a link to that statement?
here it is.
http://blogs.marketwatch.com/election/2011/11/30/ron-paul-won%E2%80%99t-run-as-independent/
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Casull

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 08:04:06 AM »
Well I can tell you that my vote wont be for Obama and it wont be for Romney...

obama thanks you.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 08:17:17 AM »
quote from the "gunny"

I can’t and I won’t tell any American how to vote or what to do. I will say this, IF your candidate is not the nominee, before you stay home, vote third party or decide to write in your candidate’s name, please stop and think. If you do stay home, you not only give Obama another vote for a win, BUT you also insult every man and woman who has worn the uniform of this great country, some have even given the ultimate price, to defend your freedoms and your right to elect who will lead our great country. If you vote third party, follow Glenn Beck, then again it will be another vote for Obama, just look back at the election of 1992. If you decide to write in your candidate’s name, go for it, it’s your privilege, but again doing this just gives Obama another mark in the win column. Do you really want Obama for another four years, knowing that he truly hates America and the American way of life?

http://rebuildingfreedom.org/2012/01/21/as-the-gunny-sees-it-obamas-ace-to-win-the-election/
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 09:18:26 AM »
quote from the "gunny" ... I will say this, IF your candidate is not the nominee, before you stay home, vote third party or decide to write in your candidate’s name, please stop and think. If you do stay home, you not only give Obama another vote for a win, BUT you also insult every man and woman who has worn the uniform of this great country...
Gunny is an idiot; I've Worn the Uniform, and I won't be insulted.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »

here it is.
http://blogs.marketwatch.com/election/2011/11/30/ron-paul-won%E2%80%99t-run-as-independent/

I'm still waiting for a link where RP say's he will not run as an independent. This one say's he said it, but I don't see the quote of him saying it.He has not committed one way or the other. I look to see a run with Rand if it looks like something that's feasible!

But if your trying to make Paul appear a liar about running as an independent, I would like to hear or see a quote from the man saying, I will not run as an Independent!

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »

here it is.

I'm still waiting for a link where RP say's he will not run as an independent. This one say's he said it, but I don't see the quote of him saying it.He has not committed one way or the other. I look to see a run with Rand if it looks like something that's feasible!

But if your trying to make Paul appear a liar about running as an independent, I would like to hear or see a quote from the man saying, I will not run as an Independent!
here's him saying it.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2011/11/06/would-ron-paul-run-as-an-independent.html
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
Well! That's about as close as your going to hear him say NO! He said he didn't want to, and had no intentions of doing it. He left himself room. At the time the question was asked, he was very much in the race, and had no plans to give up the run for the Republican party ticket.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 11:41:24 AM »
Well! That's about as close as your going to hear him say NO! He said he didn't want to, and had no intentions of doing it. He left himself room. At the time the question was asked, he was very much in the race, and had no plans to give up the run for the Republican party ticket.
wow, you're really in denial.  he was also pretty plain that he won't support the republican nominee.
does that make him a obama supporter??
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Casull

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 11:50:57 AM »
He left himself room.

That's called weasel room.  If he does, he'll be nothing but a spoiler.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »
I almost voted for him.  but then I thought about the debate where they were all asked to say something nice about another person on stage. they all did, except RP.  even after Rick said something nice about RP, when it was RPs turn, he turned nasty with nothing good to say.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 12:48:52 AM »
A vote for a third party is not a vote for Obama.  Staying home and choosing not to vote is not a vote for Obama. (although it does require that you don't complain about politics for 4 years)   Writing in a vote is not a vote for Obama.  All those are legitimate and recognized forms of voting.  They are an option for those who wish to show that they do not agree with the corrupt two party system that is currently destroying our nation.

In fact I would go so far as to say that the MOST unpatriotic thing you can do is vote for a candidate who does not support your beliefs.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline lakota

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 05:44:57 AM »

...In fact I would go so far as to say that the MOST unpatriotic thing you can do is vote for a candidate who does not support your beliefs.

+1