Author Topic: The "entitlement" vultures...  (Read 728 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
The "entitlement" vultures...
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:20:37 AM »
   Here's what happens when slugs become adjusted to "entitlements".  They could care less how nthe taxpayer may suffer;

Here's a $ 1,000,000 winner;
  http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2012/03/amanda-clayton-wins-1m-lottery-still-using-food-stamps/

..And a $2,000,000 winner..
  http://www.minbcnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=619315

Living off the sweat of others becomes a habit...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The "entitlement" vultures...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »
IG. Heres a video of her, ya gotta hear it. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)

YOUR FRIENDS' ACTIVITY  The Sideshow     Michigan woman still collecting food stamps after winning $1 million lottery    By Eric PfeifferBy Eric Pfeiffer | The Sideshow – 1 hr 36 mins ago     

• ShAmanda Clayton (Local4)People love stories about someone winning the lottery and then giving the money away. They're less likely to feel fondly about Amanda Clayton, who won $1 million in the Michigan State Lottery but is still collecting food stamps.
  "I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn't, I thought maybe it was OK because I'm not working," Clayton, 24, told Local 4 news in Detroit.
Back in December, a woman in Washington State fell under scrutiny when it was revealed she was receiving state economic benefits even though she lives in a $1 million waterfront home on Lake Washington.
Clayton, who says she owns two homes and a new car, receives $200 a month in food assistance from the state-issued Michigan Bridge Card, which is meant to benefit lower-income residents in the nation's eigth most economically depressed state.
Twenty-five percent of Michigan's residents receive some form of food assistance from the state. The state's unemployment rate is 9.3 percent, more than a full point above the national average, but has dropped from a 10.4 percent peak in August.
And Clayton isn't embarrassed about living off the state even though she now finds herself in the nation's top tax bracket. "I mean I kinda do," Clayton told Local 4 when asked if she had a "right" to the government welfare.

She certainly doesn't the fit the mold of other lottery winners we have told you about here at the Sideshow, including the number of repeat winners of the Georgia State Lottery, many of whom chose to donate their initial winnings to charity or family members in need.
Clayton downplayed her wealth, saying she took the $1 million in a lump sump, which meant about half immediately went to taxes. "I feel that it's OK because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay," she said. "I have two houses."

Her story has already caught attention locally, where state Republican Rep. Dale Zorn has sponsored a bill preventing individuals like Clayton from taking state financial assistance.
"Public assistance should be given to those who are in need of public assistance, not those who have found riches," Zorn told Local 4. The bill, which has already passed the state House and has a sister bill in the Senate, would require the state to cross check the names of lottery winners over $1,000 to see if they are also receiving state financial benefits.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 11:44:43 AM »
Living on food stamps and buying lottery tickets????

Offline DDZ

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 12:25:21 PM »
They are just products of what government has created.  Isn't our public education system great.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 12:41:14 PM »
If the gov't wants to give me $200 I'll take it.  You can't blame the girl for defective laws.  No matter how much she has or what her income is, if it's legal, she ought to take advantage of it.  What's she getting has made the news, but that small amount of payout by the gov't is a tiny, tiny bit in relation to the amounts wasted elsewhere.  No, I don't like being a taxpayer who pays for entitlements undeserved, but if I were on the other end of the stick, and the screwed up laws allowed me to collect, I'd collect.   Don't fault the girl; fault the system. 

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:47:54 PM »
Living on food stamps and buying lottery tickets?

A sound question Bilmac....... :o :o
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 01:16:01 PM »
Living on food stamps and buying lottery tickets?

A sound question Bilmac....... :o :o
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Since the state provided her with the extra "disposable funds", shouldn't the state collect the lottery prise ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline spitpatch

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »
    Ironglow.....at least she should have to repay what she has taken.......and Mike in Va. $200.00 might seem like a pittance to you, but multiply that times 2,000,000 and the sum isn't so small anymore.

Just because some free stuff is available, does not mean it's right to grab it. What happened to peoples self respect and dignty?

In my younger years I ran a plumbing company, and on paper I was below the poverty line. The local school CALLED ME and told me that my children qualified for free school lunches. As I made a very good living, I wasn't about to soak the Gov. for anything.......thats just wrong!

Someone has to pay when someone else leaches the system......NOTHING is free.
Quality will be remembered long after price is forgotten

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 03:56:27 PM »
SPITPATCH. Good post Sir. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »
At times we will do offender drops off when they are released.  And that can mean driving them right to the street they live on.  I have been in some ghettos, let me tell ya.  It never fails, Middle of a weekday, people are home and not working, but have on $400 herring bone necklaces, $200 designer jeans, yada yada yada.  but the cant afford to take care of them selves.  Something is wrong with that- just like this lady buying lottery tickets while on welfare.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline Duke0313

• Contributor
  • I am the way, the truth, and the life. -John 14:6
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 05:53:27 PM »
        Someone has to pay when someone else leaches the system......NOTHING is free.
Nail on the head!!!
"Republic:  I like the sound of the word -- means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, however they choose.  Some words give you a deep feeling.  Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat. -John Wayne- The Alamo

Offline DDZ

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 11:48:50 PM »
If the gov't wants to give me $200 I'll take it.  You can't blame the girl for defective laws.  No matter how much she has or what her income is, if it's legal, she ought to take advantage of it.  What's she getting has made the news, but that small amount of payout by the gov't is a tiny, tiny bit in relation to the amounts wasted elsewhere.  No, I don't like being a taxpayer who pays for entitlements undeserved, but if I were on the other end of the stick, and the screwed up laws allowed me to collect, I'd collect.   Don't fault the girl; fault the system.

I think you have to fault both government, and people. Is it not the people who vote in people that create this system? Not long ago people were ashamed to take money from tax payers. Even when they were hurting and really needed it. Let alone taking it just because they can get it. What happened to our honor, integrity, and morals? We have now become the "I'm git-en mine, no matter what society". We have a society that aids and abets a government that steals from some, and gives to others?   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 12:43:10 AM »
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I would fault ANYONE who takes taxpayer funds undeservedly .  I would fault them for having no character, for not having a decent sense of right and wrong...and if I had the power, I'd send each perpetrator in such filching.. back to a good, second grade Sunday School class !
  Just because some politicians allow such crookedness, doesn't mean it is morally right to suck up ill-gotten gains.  We already know that governments are filled with crooked politicians !  that doesn't give us a green light to be a crook too !
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This morning on Fox News, Dave Agema (R)  legislator for the state of Michigan says he will reintroduce a bill to the Michigan legislature which would keep close track of lottery winners and stop them from continuing to rob the rest of us.
    He introduced the bill months ago, but it was voted down...almost exactly along party lines..

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 03:46:36 AM »
Quote from DDZ:
"They are just products of what government has created.  Isn't our public education system great.

And the connection is?
GuzziJohn

Offline powderman

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 04:59:19 AM »
Seems like a lottery ticket bought with state money that 1/2 of the ticket would belong to the state that provided the money to buy it. After dividing the money everything that the state paid this person, free money, food, meds, school, etc, could be deducted from their 1/2 of the winnings. The taxpayers would be reimbursed, and the former welfare recipient would be self supporting with money to live on and pay for job training, if able to work. If truly disabled all that might be different. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline DDZ

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »
Quote from DDZ:
"They are just products of what government has created.  Isn't our public education system great.

And the connection is?
GuzziJohn

Don't know what connection your looking for Guzzi? Is it government and public schools? Or is it the public schools, and people that believe its their right to take from the public treasury?
I'm guessing you don't believe that government is using education to engineer social and political outcomes.  How many options do parents have other than government run public education. Its not a coincidence that the majority of politicians send their kids to private schools.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 01:46:14 AM »
Quote from DDZ:
"I'm guessing you don't believe that government is using education to engineer social and political outcomes.  How many options do parents have other than government run public education."

No I don't, unless you count what is served in the cafeteria as social engineering. I currently work in for five school districts and have worked for 12 others, all in Kansas. What is your direct experience to back your statement? PM me if you want so we don't start too much thread drift.
GuzziJohn

Offline DDZ

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 10:46:30 AM »
Quote from DDZ:
"I'm guessing you don't believe that government is using education to engineer social and political outcomes.  How many options do parents have other than government run public education."

No I don't, unless you count what is served in the cafeteria as social engineering. I currently work in for five school districts and have worked for 12 others, all in Kansas. What is your direct experience to back your statement? PM me if you want so we don't start too much thread drift.
GuzziJohn

No need to PM you, for I feel that I was not drifting away from the thread topic, when I stated that the young women is a product of our government run schools. If you want to argue what isn't wrong with our government run schools why not start another thread. I don't care if you worked in 100 school districts , nothing you will say will change my mind about whether there is social engineering in our schools.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 11:07:56 AM »
I went to a public school... I wonder if I'm socially engineered.

How many here went to public schools in K-12? How many private?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 11:30:35 AM »
I went to a public school... I wonder if I'm socially engineered.

How many here went to public schools in K-12? How many private?

Lets don't go in a different direction! Start a thread or poll,If you like!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 12:05:05 PM »
Quote from DDZ:

GuzziJohn
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Direct experience ?    It seems most here have from 12 to 18 years in the public education system, plus their children/grandchildren are doing it over again..  Some of us also have the benefit of children/grandchildren presently involved in both public and private systems, which gives us a rather unique perspective and comparative stance..