Author Topic: PMR-30...RE visited  (Read 9222 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
PMR-30...RE visited
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:13:04 AM »
Mornin guys...

I took the plunge last month and together with a buddie and my pop we put deposits on three PMR-30 pistols. Thinking they will make good "ATV guns". We do a bit of rural riding and think this will make a good companion. (Supposed to be avalible EOM... we will see....)

As I have said a couple times, I have had a couple opertunitys and even made a deposit when there where first offered... I passed on two when I put them in my hand.
I have seen a couple at dealers for above retail and I don't play that game. Retail is retail its athe suggested price and shouldn't be exceeded. (NOT talking auction sites caues that offeres form people wiho HAVE $$ to burn and ELLECT to pay more. Its not someone ASKING a high price) Anyhow this dealer will sell them to us at a realistic price of just under 400 ea.

What is the delay in production now? Is there any "new" news on this model?  How are you guys with them liking them now that you have had them for some time?

I will be installing a tiny laser under the barrel of mine. Anyone else done this?

I read they changed the barrel somehow but cannot find the information... Any and all help is appreciated!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Uncle Harry

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PMR-30...RE visited
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 07:58:39 AM »
Go here to find all your answers:

http://www.thektog.org/forum/

I like mine and am considering adding a laser but still researching what's out there.

Offline atitagain

• Trade Count: (67)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 04:49:35 PM »
Not so sure it is a "delay" in manufacturing, as much as they they are building them as fast as the orders come in.
Kel Tec does not manufacture and stock these guns. They manufacture as ordered. And from what I hear, there are a LOT of orders.
I carry a single shot.
'cause it only takes one shot.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 06:33:16 AM »
THANKS FOR THE LINKS!!!

We know they are popular. But they have been out for over a year and yet there still remains a high demand?  I'm sorry that's a manufacturing or production problem.

I have been on over a doz dealers sites. None show stock a couple say they are waiting.

What I think is happened is dist get in a doz or so, many of these guys get bonus for volume or work on a commission basis. They call who ever they deal with who buys allot and they sell or that guy buys all they have. The guns are not really spread around they go quick cause they sell quick. From distributers I'm saying.

I saw the first ones on dealer shelf last week. (In recient history) asking $500. I did not even take a second look or pause infront of them. That's gouging and if I can avoid the purchase I will not patronize that establishment.

My dealer will mark these pistols up 17-20% and that is what I will pay. 15-20% is Marie up for new gun around here.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:41:49 AM »
I believe there were some problems with early guns and production had to be stopped for some slight design changes. This is a radically different gun from any ever built before so it is understandable that there may be some bugs to be worked out. At the same time that radically different design is what makes it very much in demand. It will just take a while for supply to catch up to demand. While the "price gouging" of some dealers may seem unethical the fact that they are able to sell at an inflated price just reflects the situation of supply and demand. If you don't want to pay it you can just wait to get a gun at a sensible price.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline jhjimbo

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 01:39:38 AM »
to cwlongshot.  i heard the change on the PMR 30 was the twist rate in the barrel.   as far as function, go to the kel tec web

site and watch the video - they fire 90 rounds in 25 sec without a malfunction.

i have one on my list if i can find one at list price.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 02:05:57 AM »
I'm getting the next one my dealer gets in... It's already paid for!!!
Just hope it ain't too long a wait!! LOL....

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 03:08:52 AM »
CDNN SPORTS shows them for 299.00

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 07:04:49 AM »
CDNN SPORTS shows them for 299.00

THANKS FOR THE TIP BP!!!

I "enlightened" my dealer last Sunday...  ::) ;)

I stopped in this AM expecting to pick up my toys... They are not in "yet"... Said he did not call till late last week.  ::)

SO next week I should have my PMR's!

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 08:32:11 AM »
False alarm..... Currently out of stock awaiting more....
what in the world?

Of coarse he did not call when you first told me about them BP.. ::)

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 05:15:34 AM »
Anyone knowing of a distributor that has the PMR-30 in stock, I would be grateful to know who they are...

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 05:23:32 AM »
UPDATE:

I have been looking and inquiring everywhere I can. Seems like Texas and so Florida get the loin share of these pistols. I have a friend who uses a small shop for all his gun purchases. Also seems he has been getting 1-4 PMR-30's a month!  Last week alone he got in for and currently as no one waiting for any.

SO he now has $$ for deposits on four PMR-30's! My friend also now wants one too!  Addictive lil buggers and we don't even have any yet!!!

My dealer who has been looking for me missed the boat twice now. I found distributors with then pistol in stock but he drug his feet too long and the stock depleted.  So he looses out.

I have been buying accessories and have two extra mags and two bricks of ammo. Last week I ordered 500 Dynapoints to try and yesterday another two mags. That's six total once I have the gun. Plenty for my needs.

I have a stream light from my GLOCK that will get double duty but I am strongly considering a laser. Possibly a green laser to mount under the barrel. I found a couple candidates but it's gotta be small as I don't want issues with holsters.

Any one have ideas or suggestions?

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline boatboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (92)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 05:37:56 PM »
I have seen CdNN pop up a couple times
I called them a while ago they made it sound like their list was soo long it wouldnt happed this year.
I would but one at their list but no more

Hank
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King

Say what you want, pick on him. but Ringo is still a Beatle

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 11:53:02 PM »
I spoke with two dealers yesterday and both told me 6months at least!!  I asked how many people are on the waiting list.. they both told me ALLOT!

I am glad I found the dealer I did... He seems to get them with some regularity and as I mentioned... we are on the top of the list!

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline dantana

• LAR Grizzly 45 Winchester Magnum
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 10:18:32 AM »
Has anyone got one of these and/or placed a red dot sight on it?  Just purchased one today.

DanTana
TarHeel State
http://www.GrizzlyWinMag.com

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »
I'm jealous of you my friend....  I have four mags and a neat little laser WAITING for mine to come......

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline dantana

• LAR Grizzly 45 Winchester Magnum
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »
I have wanted a 22mag auto for 25 or more years.  When this gun came out they were next to impossible to get.  When I ran across this one on the shelf I would not let the dealer have it back.
DanTana
TarHeel State
http://www.GrizzlyWinMag.com

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 09:29:42 AM »
UPDATE:

I have been buying accessories and have two extra mags and two bricks of ammo. Last week I ordered 500 Dynapoints to try and yesterday another two mags. That's six total once I have the gun. Plenty for my needs.

I have a stream light from my GLOCK that will get double duty but I am strongly considering a laser. Possibly a green laser to mount under the barrel. I found a couple candidates but it's gotta be small as I don't want issues with holsters.

Any one have ideas or suggestions?

CW
Wow, you started this thread back in May and still waiting?!
I was sorry to see you had ordered 500 Dyanpoints, that is really crappy ammo. When I first got my Automag I tried out every brand and bullet weight I could find, pretty much everything there is except RWS. The Winchester Dynapoint was the only thing my gun would not cycle, it just didn't have enough power to cycle the slide. It is an unjacketed plain lead bullet so it has to be loaded down in velocity to avoid bore leading but even so it is very dirty and smokey. I also shot some through my lever action rifle, it fed OK but accuracy was poor and velocity was clearly substandard, I'd hate to be stuck with 500 rounds of that crap.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 12:11:13 PM »
That's not so good to hear....  I have shot up a box or so playing at the range with other 22Mag guns. No problems. But no stellar accuracy either... This stuff did not exist what I had my automag...

Also unfortunately, YES I'm STILL WAITING on a PMR??  :-[ :-[ :-[

Thanks for the post, I really do appreciate the info! :)

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline hunt4570

• Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
    • Harley FLT?FLH bikes and Rides
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 07:18:33 AM »
Sorry to hear you are still waiting CW, KT reccomends NOT using dyna points..BVAC ammo is reasonably cheap and works fine in my PMR..I looked for about 5 months to find my gun..its worth the wait!!
PETA.....P eople  E ating  T asty  A nimals

Come visit my forum  http://forums.delphiforums.com/anyride/start

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 08:16:17 AM »
Sorry to hear you are still waiting CW, KT reccomends NOT using dyna points..BVAC ammo is reasonably cheap and works fine in my PMR..I looked for about 5 months to find my gun..its worth the wait!!

Thank you!

I'll shoot the Dp's in another 22Mag no worries there!  They shoot pretty good in my Sportster H&R.

Also YES I am still waiting.... Was told one would be in last week.... I haven't seen it yet. I'm thinking he has employees selling to "friends" before reg paying customers with deposits. I have offered to pay in full but was refused. I just offered this last month, This makes me think this is exactly what's happening as IF I found out for certain I would not be too happy. This way he has  a way "out" blaming staff... I hate to think these things but its getting a bit reduculious as when I decided to use this dealer some six months back he was getting a couple pistols in a month. Now none in over four months... Don't add up to me. But now I'm getting bitter about it. ;(

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline hunt4570

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 04:29:24 AM »
I work in the gun depeartment of a little ranch store, haven't had one in in almost a year now..

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 11:31:28 PM »
I got a phone call last night...

I drew the long straw, so I am still waiting....  BUT my buddie got his!!! He also grabbed a little LC9 with a laser they had in the case.

Its getting closer.  ::) I also herd, another came in between yesterday and the last one in August. Seems another customer put up such a sceen that another counter person sold it to him. He was NOT on the waiting list... The owner admitted this and oppologised.

MAN I WANT ONE TOO!!!  :-[

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline dpe.ahoy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 02:29:55 AM »
Should be getting close now CW.  Our store just got 15 of them in, I started calling people on the list that was 45 people.  Some were on the list for over 18 months from the first batch received.  We have 10 more ordered and not sure when they will come in.  My name is coming up on the list soon 8)  so I should have one by the first of the year.  The price for these is now $399.99 at our store and we are not taking orders at this time.  Our out of state sales to people in other states using their FFL holders is running way too much, 25.00 handling and $50.00 or more for actual shipping with the next day shipping our company uses.  Good luck on your search CW.  Everyone that I have talked to with one really like em.  DP
RIP Oct 27, 2017

Handi's:22Shot, 22LR, 2-22Mag, 22Hornet, 5-223, 2-357Max, 44 mag, 2-45LC, 7-30 Waters, 7mm-08, 280, 25-06, 30-30, 30-30AI, 444Marlin, 45-70, AND 2-38-55s, 158 Topper 22 Hornet/20ga. combo;  Levers-Marlins:Two 357's, 44 mag, 4-30-30s, RC-Glenfields 36G-30A & XLR, 3-35 Rem, M-375, 2-444P's, 444SS, 308 MX, 338Marlin MXLR, 38-55 CB, 45-70 GS, XS7 22-250 and 7mm08;  BLR's:7mm08, 358Win;  Rossi: 3-357mag, 44mag, 2-454 Casull; Winchesters: 7-30 Waters, 45Colt Trapper; Bolt actions, too many;  22's, way too many.  Who says it's an addiction?

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 02:43:29 AM »
Thanks man I SURELY HOPE SO!!!!!

My two buddies got there's and LOVE them! They shoot POA but not very "tight" I'm hoping its mostly the operator. ;) They are shooting about 5-6" 25 yard groups. That's a bit much for my tastes... 3-4" I could live with. 1-2" would be better! ;)

I'm looking hard at the 22/45 LITE Ruger to help me with the wait. ::)

In the mean time I am stocking the shelves with 22mag fodder! I just sent a birthday order to midway for almost 3000 rounds!!!! ( I have a bunch of 22 mag to guns to feed)

The anticipation is nearly at a fever pitch!!!!!  ;)

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 03:14:54 AM »
The LC9 your buddy bought is a good pistol.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 03:47:23 AM »
The LC9 your buddy bought is a good pistol.

He likes it and it shoots adaquitely for his needs. I haven't shot it yet, but that grip is small and thin...

I would like to try the SR22 too.... Leaning heavy to the 22/45 lite.

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline hunt4570

• A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 04:36:19 AM »
Personally I can't stand the LC9  and I'm a Ruger fan..they missed the boat on that one I think..trigger pull is stupid long..no need for it.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 08:40:46 AM »
It's not a target pistol but I can head shoot a squirrel at 15 yards with my LC9.  Best handgun that Ruger has produced to date.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline hunt4570

• A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 08:45:35 AM »
It's not a target pistol but I can head shoot a squirrel at 15 yards with my LC9.  Best handgun that Ruger has produced to date.

Yeowza.. and I would say one of the worst handguns Ruger has produced to date..I'll take my Redhawk any day over one of those guys anytime..along with lots of their other stuff..