Author Topic: PMR-30...RE visited  (Read 9223 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: PMR-30...RE visited
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 09:14:10 AM »
Owned Redhawks.....too big, too heavy, too ugly.  Way rather have a S&W 629.  Ruger hasn't made a nice double action revolver in years.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline hunt4570

• Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
    • Harley FLT?FLH bikes and Rides
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 09:32:45 AM »
Owned Redhawks.....too big, too heavy, too ugly.  Way rather have a S&W 629.  Ruger hasn't made a nice double action revolver in years.

I've shot my redhawk and my buddies 629 S&W side by side, and we both agree the Redhawk is the better gun, nicer to shoot..

(( and is there some way to navigate this site with out the  advertisements poping up nonstop every page you go to? How annoying..didn't used to be this way!))
PETA.....P eople  E ating  T asty  A nimals

Come visit my forum  http://forums.delphiforums.com/anyride/start

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »
It's ok to be wrong even in groups.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline hunt4570

• A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 10:04:53 AM »
It's ok to be wrong even in groups.
Or all by your little lonesome..

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 03:20:30 AM »
I visited my deposit at the GS where I'm STILL WAITING DOR MY PMR-30!!!!

Good news is he is almost 100% positive ill have one before Christmas. With luck in the next week or two!!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline picturerock

• Trade Count: (1)
    • dailytimewaster
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 01:27:01 PM »
I could tell you stories waiting for Coopers....

Good things are worth waiting for.  I'm sure you'll love it when it finally comes in.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 02:20:19 PM »
UPDATE:

I picked up my PMR-30 tonight!!!!  Not too bad.. put deposits down in March... picked it up at the end of December!!  :-[ ??? :o

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline briarpatch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »
Just before they are outlawed.  :P

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 11:10:36 PM »
Just before they are outlawed.  :P

I'll tell you, once upon a time I had a deposit on a Grendell... ::)  I was sweating a little this time too!!!  If you read back.. march 17 I made this deposit....  ::) ;)

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »
Pick up a PMR 30 today at the gun shop I work at.. Took it in the range, and shot 2 mags. Flawless, and accurate as can be. Could not be happier..
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 04:45:42 PM »
Pick up a PMR 30 today at the gun shop I work at.. Took it in the range, and shot 2 mags. Flawless, and accurate as can be. Could not be happier..

I just finished loading the bags and ammo can... I'll be at the range first thing tomorrow!!  ;) ;D ;)

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2012, 10:36:55 AM »
Went to the range today as well.. Shot the Remington green tips, Hornady Critical defence and a box of CCI Maxi mags.. All shot great out of the gun. So glad I got this gun..
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 01:19:12 PM »
Went to the range today as well.. Shot the green tips, Hornady Critical defence and a box of CCI Maxi mags.. All shot great out of the gun. So glad I got this gun..

I am VERY pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of this gun!!!  I only shot at 15 yards, but I shot at least 10 different ''flavors''. EVERYTHING was nice and round and UNDER 1". This was slow shooting, two handed, off hand. With CCI 40g HPs went 10 rounds into ONE, 1/2'' HOLE!!  ;D ;D ;D

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2012, 04:57:26 PM »
Nice shooting there!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline bubbinator

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2012, 08:28:54 PM »
A few PMR-30s have showed up in AL, gone in a flash! I'm waiting for the bugs to get fixed-Kel-Tec Forum is full of them. When I wanted a SU-16C I found one in a FL gunshop near the factory for $440! Locally they were $700+. With that deal I got the rifle/Tactical add-on/Bushnell Holo-Sight(EoTec unit made in USA) and 10 Brownells 30 rds mags! for what a local rip-off was. BTW-EoTec{L3} warranties the US sights-not the Jap copies. Kel-Tec warranty service is excellent, if needed.

Offline hunt4570

• A Real Regular
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2012, 04:03:52 AM »
I have the SU 16 and the PMR also..great guns.

Offline hunt4570

• A Real Regular
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2012, 04:05:39 AM »
Hey CW.. I see that target over at KTOG also... I'm AO over there..

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2012, 05:52:57 AM »
Hey CW.. I see that target over at KTOG also... I'm AO over there..

Hello there!!  Small world huh. ;)  We have spoke a couple times!  I like to keep same names everywhere... cause its ME! ;)

Pulling it all apart today, just need to brush up on diss assembly... Hope to find something... but as suggested, maybe a "fluff n Buff"will qure it!

Merry Christmas,
CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline hunt4570

• A Real Regular
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2012, 06:17:20 AM »
Check the feed ramp, some have been known to be a bit rough..

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2012, 06:51:13 AM »
Check the feed ramp, some have been known to be a bit rough..

I planed on polishing it ''just because'' BUT the problem is more profound...

I think I have a bad (ringed) chamber... This is the last cartridage I fired form it Sunday.

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline hunt4570

• A Real Regular
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2012, 07:18:23 AM »
Ok, thats a new one to me..

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2012, 08:33:17 AM »
Here is another view

cw

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline dpe.ahoy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2013, 03:19:21 AM »
Ouch!  Sorry to see that CW, have you contacted Kel-Tec yet?  I'll have to check mine out, didn't check the brass just function.  Mine ran smooth, but the fog rolled in and couldn't see the target good enough to check groups.  DP
RIP Oct 27, 2017

Handi's:22Shot, 22LR, 2-22Mag, 22Hornet, 5-223, 2-357Max, 44 mag, 2-45LC, 7-30 Waters, 7mm-08, 280, 25-06, 30-30, 30-30AI, 444Marlin, 45-70, AND 2-38-55s, 158 Topper 22 Hornet/20ga. combo;  Levers-Marlins:Two 357's, 44 mag, 4-30-30s, RC-Glenfields 36G-30A & XLR, 3-35 Rem, M-375, 2-444P's, 444SS, 308 MX, 338Marlin MXLR, 38-55 CB, 45-70 GS, XS7 22-250 and 7mm08;  BLR's:7mm08, 358Win;  Rossi: 3-357mag, 44mag, 2-454 Casull; Winchesters: 7-30 Waters, 45Colt Trapper; Bolt actions, too many;  22's, way too many.  Who says it's an addiction?

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2013, 03:40:22 AM »
Ouch!  Sorry to see that CW, have you contacted Kel-Tec yet?  I'll have to check mine out, didn't check the brass just function.  Mine ran smooth, but the fog rolled in and couldn't see the target good enough to check groups.  DP
Good morning!

I have sent a email, but they are shut down until the 7th. SO i gotta wait my turn when they return..

I am hoping to get to the range today with a friend who also has one. I'll drop his barrel in mine and see if she runs.  IF I can get his sleepy arse up and moving!! LOL

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »
That certainly looks bad, did it come out ot the box like that or is that something which developed with use?
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »
That certainly looks bad, did it come out of the box like that or is that something which developed with use?

Its Brand spankin' new... >:( :-\ :-\ :-\

I never got to the range either... My friends fell thru.  ??? ::) :(

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2013, 05:40:28 PM »
Could that be rings installed in the chamber to retard blowback? The 22 auto mag put dimples in the chamber for this purpose.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2013, 11:45:24 PM »
Could that be rings installed in the chamber to retard blowback? The 22 auto mag put dimples in the chamber for this purpose.

I do not think so...

The AMT used those holes as part of the ejection, the same system is used in H&K firearms. Gasses pushing the bullet outta the barrel find those holes 3/4 of the way down the barrel and re-direct back to the chamber helping to allow the case to be extracted. (I had two and one was a trouble maker with this system. I was on the phone with AMT a couple times. (PRE INTERNET DAYS)

I feel these grooves are caused by a burr or chip under the reamer when the chamber was cut. I feel that they should not be there. BUT I am waiting for two friends who also have these guns to compare... until Kel-Tec gets back form holiday on the 7th of January.

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 06:10:42 AM »
The AMT  chamber holes are nothing like the H&K system, rather the opposite. Whereas the H&K fluted chamber is intended to aid extraction,  the AMT chamber holes are intended to retard extraction by allowing the cartridge brass to expand into the holes, locking the case to the chamber at maximum chamber pressure and "hopefully" rebounding and releasing as pressure drops. I say "hopefully" because it doesn't always work. When I first got my AutoMagII I tried out a box of every type of ammo I could find and settled on the Fiocchi 40 grain soft point as best all around so I ordered two bricks. Unfortunately the new ammo was a different lot than what I had tested. The brass was either thinner or softer, it expanded into the chamber dimples and locked up there, it would not extract at all, never.So I have a thousand rounds of ammo which will not function in my pistol where almost everything else functions perfectly. The Fiocchi ammo is fine in my Winchester lever action but I don't really shoot it all that much so two bricks will outlast me.

The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 04:42:59 AM »
I started calling Kel-Tec about 9:30 yesterday.... Last attempt was 3:30 when I learned they are only "open" 9-3....

Today I was ready at 9AM... At 9:08 they opened the phone lines and at nearly 9:45 Shaun answered. Five minutes later I have a new barrel on its way to me along with envelope to return bad barrel!

So hopefully in a couple days ill have it and can try out my pistol I waited so long for!!

Stay tuned....

CW

NRA LIFE Member