Author Topic: So I was minding my own business when a 44 mag LTD edition was forced upon me  (Read 676 times)

Offline tallpaul

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
I was in the local enablers shop - looking at a compact 1911 when the gunsmith yells out from behind the wall the owner put upto keep his yappy self from being distracted so easily. He thought he heard my voice n yells did ya see the handy rifle?

well let me see it... hmmm a 44 mag, laminated greenish straight stock- upgraded sight,sling studs with the stupid limited edition medallion in the stock. man does she point nice, the sights are REALLY nice.... hmmm 180.00.... welll I figure they don't get much cheaper than that any more and this is NIB without the box etc

It followed me home... Did I do ok on it?

I have an older H&R in 357 and in 357 max, a few of the SS shotguns but this is my first SB2 frame/barrel set... now I will have to see what accessory barrels ya all can tempt me with
Jesus Loves You.... right now just as you are.

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
Sights and an SB2 frame, I'd of bought it and I can't see the sites.
Sounds like a deal to me ;)  Hope it's the newer tighter bore, if not you can still get her to shoot. Have fun and stay away from that shop ;D

Offline tallpaul

• Avid Poster
Haha, I understand the not seeing sights all to well... these are nice and from the factory I am told. I am hoping on the bore too we shall see.

Offline dave29

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (93)
Sounds like a good deal to me no matter which receiver it has.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Congrats!! If it's an extractor, it's a late model, ejector earlier most likely.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Deerhunter#1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
They are all good deals when there that cheap. You leave feeling like you hit a home run. Like a kid in the candy store. Then you get it home and say man I cant wait to shoot this. Oh I forgot I need dies I need powder I need bullets. Then reality sits in that its going to cost some more. I have done it man times before and will do it again and again. That was a good price I would have asked if they had any more. good luck.

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
Forced upon you??   Man..  I wish I'd get raped like that.

I cant find a Handi to save my life.  The shops around my neck of the woods are polluted with boltguns.  (barf)
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline tallpaul

• Avid Poster
The gun has an ejector which I liked... I shot her yesterday and the first shot at 25 yards of a not so steady rest was centered but a few inches low. After adjusting the sights and chasing the group around a bit I think she has promise. I used PMC truncated cone exposed lead 240 grains as I don't have any lead 44's at the moment :(

I will need a peep or a scope eventually...

So I am thinking she is older now after reading the posts. As far as buying periferials I have several 44 mags so I have all I need for that part of the game. I stayed out of 45 colt for that reason, not wanting to buy dies brass bullets etc and got rid of a 25-5 4 inch because of that. A friend of mine forced me into a several guns for one trade last year though that included a ruger redhawk 7.5 with rings,several hundred brass,molds dies etc so that screwed up the thought of staying out of the colt round...

I will try to get a few pictures up today or so. I am curious about the gun now.

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
Guys have been able to get the older ones to shot good with bigger lead bullets. So if you have a problem there may be a solution. Sounds like you like to shoot lead anyway. Pete or others will likely respond on that. I bought two of the 44s sb2 with sites about the last year they made them like that and think I have the tighter bore :-\  Can't remember if it ej or ex. will look later. You got a good deal and will probably enjoy it ;)  plus you can add a nice rifle barrel to it 8)

Offline goofyoldfart

• grumpy old fart as well as goofy old fart.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
TallPaul: Dude, you got a darn good deal. I just found a .357maggi bull barrel which is Super tight and has a 3 lb trigger(someone messed up at the factory, but I'm not squealing  ;D ) and I feel that I got a good deal at 257.00 fees and all. you got a gooder one , my friend. Now If I could just find one like that -----WHOOEE!! God Bless to all.

Goofy.