Author Topic: Double standards  (Read 1429 times)

Offline rio grande

• Trade Count: (39)
Double standards
« on: March 09, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »
We are told that the Syrian government has no right to oppose it's heavily armed and violent domestic and foreign enemies in Syria. 
And yet we are also told Abraham Lincoln is an American 'Hero'. 

We are told the Syrians used excessive force against the foreign-financed and supplied insurrectionists in the city of Homs.
But we are told what our American Army did in Fallujah Iraq and what the Israelis did in Gaza is acceptable.

We are told the Iranians are a threat to almost everyone, although they have not waged an offensive war in 200 years and calls the use of nuclear weapons immoral.
While Israel has many nuclear weapons, has not signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, constantly threatens military force and we are told that is OK, we 'have their backs'.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/05/obama-expected-to-urge-israeli-prime-minister-against-strike-on-iran-at-meeting/

Which is it?

Maybe, just maybe, we should not try to bully and intimidate the rest of the world?
Whose interests are we serving?

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Double standards
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 01:42:13 AM »
as far as Israel, if you were surrounded by enemies, you would gather plenty of weapons too.
as far as Lincoln, he was supplying fort sumter with groceries and relieving some soldiers when South Carolina opened fire on an un-armed supply ship.
and yes, we should stay out of syria and any other middle east country.  but we should not stand in Israels way when they are threatened.  and since china and russia sell arms to the middle east, we should sell better arms to Israel.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 03:41:59 AM »
I'm wondering how all those enemies came about?
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 04:04:04 AM »
For those who think so highly of Iran and Syria and the like, feel free to go spend some time there and enjoy.  Let it be known that you aren't particularly fond of their religion and their culture.  Have a good time.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 04:08:42 AM »
We are told that the Syrian government has no right to oppose it's heavily armed and violent domestic and foreign enemies in Syria. 
And yet we are also told Abraham Lincoln is an American 'Hero'. Apples to oranges,..other than the insurrectionists struck first.

We are told the Syrians used excessive force against the foreign-financed and supplied insurrectionists in the city of Homs .
But we are told what our American Army did in Fallujah Iraq and what the Israelis did in Gaza is acceptable.  In both Fallujah and Gaza, the insurrectionists struck first. Some would have us ignore the situation where Syria is a client state of a extremist Iran, who is about to go nuclear.  Neville Chamberlain is a perfect example of one who also chose to remain "blissfully unaware".

We are told the Iranians are a threat to almost everyone, although they have not waged an offensive war in 200 years and calls the use of nuclear weapons immoral.  In all it's long history before 12/07/41, the empire of Japan had never attacked a western power.
While Israel has many nuclear weapons, has not signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, constantly threatens military force and we are told that is OK, we 'have their backs'.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/05/obama-expected-to-urge-israeli-prime-minister-against-strike-on-iran-at-meeting/

Which is it?  We know from our own recent history and debates concerning the 2nd amendment.. that a stable, civilized person can be trusted with a full-auto M16, while an Islamo-fanatic terrorist cannot be trusted withj a box cutter.

Maybe, just maybe, we should not try to bully and intimidate the rest of the world?    Yes, if these kind blow down more sections of NY City or blow up a few planes as at lockerbie, or murder whole olympic teams as they did in munich...we should just smile, say 'thank you'...and suck it up !.

Whose interests are we serving?  Even the most uninformed has to realize that nations first look after their own interests.  We normally did until 31/2 years ago.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Val

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 04:11:23 AM »
I'm wondering how all those enemies came about?
It's all about resources needed to enrich a countries treasurey, often not the people of the country but at least the leadership. This world has an ever increasingly scarcer finite resources and more countries trying to get those resources. Man being a naturally agressive animal (nothing we can do about that it's in our genes), wars and long term conflicts arise in attempt to get those resources. With the out of control population explosion food and water are among these finite resources and more conflicts and wars will result, in addition disease and starvation will increase. Look at Africa, it's happening and will get worse because, the world popultion is still exploding.
Hunting and fishing are not matters of life or death. They are much more important than that.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:53:15 AM »
We are told the Iranians are a threat to almost everyone, although they have not waged an offensive war in 200 years and calls the use of nuclear weapons immoral.
  In all it's long history before 12/07/41, the empire of Japan had never attacked a western power.

There's a slick one-liner designed to shut down rio grande's point, without offering anything of substance... it might be a little more persuasive if it were true, but it is not. Japan did attack Russia's eastern fleet at Port Arthur in 1904, and shortly thereafter sank the Russian Baltic fleet at Tsushima. We should have paid attention; they did the same thing at Pearl 37 years later.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline rio grande

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 06:37:56 AM »
ces
as far as Israel, if you were surrounded by enemies, you would gather plenty of weapons too.
as far as Lincoln, he was supplying fort sumter with groceries and relieving some soldiers when South Carolina opened fire on an un-armed supply ship.
and yes, we should stay out of syria and any other middle east country.  but we should not stand in Israels way when they are threatened.  and since china and russia sell arms to the middle east, we should sell better arms to Israel.

Yes, I do feel sorry for poor little Israel, with only 300 nuclear weapons, Jericho ICBM's with a range of 11,500 kilometers, the only country in the world with an operational anti-ballistic missile defense system on the national level,   the independent capability of launching reconnaissance satellites,
F-15 and F-16 fighter jets, AH-64D Apache and AH-1 Cobra attack helicopters, Merkava Mk4 main battle tanks, submarines, etc., etc., etc.
Mostly paid for by U.S. taxpayers. We don't sell arms to Israel, we just give 'em away.
And don't you see it? It's never enough, never enough.  It's always "But what have you done for me lately?"

Let's not stand in their way? Baloney.  We furnish them with the means to wage aggressive war.
As Pat Buchanan once said - "The U.S. Congress is Israeli-occupied territory."

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 06:42:53 AM »

You know, I remember when he used that line. I was watching This Week and he was a guest.. he was running for Repub nomination in 1992... and Sam Donaldson said something like, "alright, Pat isn't here as a fellow journalist, he is a presidential contender... you've said some radical things... what about this: you called the US Congress 'Israeli occupied territory! What do you have to say about that, Mr. Buchanan???"

... to which Buchanan replied - and I'm paraphrasing, by memory - "Sam, that statement may have been impolitic, but it has the important advantage of being true."

I cheered.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 07:17:18 AM »
ces

Yes, I do feel sorry for poor little Israel, with only 300 nuclear weapons, Jericho ICBM's with a range of 11,500 kilometers, the only country in the world with an operational anti-ballistic missile defense system on the national level,   the independent capability of launching reconnaissance satellites,
F-15 and F-16 fighter jets, AH-64D Apache and AH-1 Cobra attack helicopters, Merkava Mk4 main battle tanks, submarines, etc., etc., etc.
Mostly paid for by U.S. taxpayers. We don't sell arms to Israel, we just give 'em away.
And don't you see it? It's never enough, never enough.  It's always "But what have you done for me lately?"

Let's not stand in their way? Baloney.  We furnish them with the means to wage aggressive war.
If I was surrounded by people wanting to erase me from the pages of history, I'd have as much firepower as possible.  the ayatollah said he wanted to erase'em, and he runs iran.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline rio grande

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 10:29:29 PM »

"If I was surrounded by people wanting to erase me from the pages of history, I'd have as much firepower as possible.  the ayatollah said he wanted to erase'em, and he runs iran."  -bugeye

bugeye, you should be careful who you allow to influence you.
In particular, those kinds of comments re: Iran are often heard from the 'usual suspects', who have no interest in the truth and only want to foment war and death for purposes of self-interest.

Search more thoroughly and you may be surprised how you have been lied to - that is, if you are not a 'usual suspect' yourself.

"...the speech of Supreme Jurisprudent Ali Khamenei of Iran on Sunday, in which he threatened to damage oil supplies to the West if the US militarily attacked Iran.  He did say that, but he also announced that Iran had no intention of striking first, had not attacked and would not attack another country, and that it has no nuclear weapons program and does not want a nuclear bomb."

http://www.juancole.com/2006/06/khamenei-no-nuclear-weapon-program-no.html

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 11:50:58 PM »

"If I was surrounded by people wanting to erase me from the pages of history, I'd have as much firepower as possible.  the ayatollah said he wanted to erase'em, and he runs iran."  -bugeye

bugeye, you should be careful who you allow to influence you.
In particular, those kinds of comments re: Iran are often heard from the 'usual suspects', who have no interest in the truth and only want to foment war and death for purposes of self-interest.

Search more thoroughly and you may be surprised how you have been lied to - that is, if you are not a 'usual suspect' yourself.

"...the speech of Supreme Jurisprudent Ali Khamenei of Iran on Sunday, in which he threatened to damage oil supplies to the West if the US militarily attacked Iran.  He did say that, but he also announced that Iran had no intention of striking first, had not attacked and would not attack another country, and that it has no nuclear weapons program and does not want a nuclear bomb."

http://www.juancole.com/2006/06/khamenei-no-nuclear-weapon-program-no.html
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yes Bugeye;
    You must be careful who influences you.  Entities such as the international news agencies, the CIA, our military leaders and returning troops will do nothing but lie !
  For truth, you should turn to the Russians, the OWS gang, and the untamed Blogasphere where we find bonafied nut-cases such as Lew Rockwell..spewing unverified crap  ;) ..which remains unverified... simply because those really do know better...just choose ignore his blather.
  Still wondering though.. Is Lew Rockwell a relative to George Lincoln Rockwell ?  If not, their spewings are remarkably similar !
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Lincoln_Rockwell

..But of course we can take the very dependable word of the most cheerful and eternally honest .. "Happy Meal" Ayatollah Khamenei !!  ;)   ;D   ;D   :o   Those Imams NEVER lie.  ;D   Iran never attacks anyone.. http://cnsnews.com/news/article/diplomats-or-ied-supplying-terror-facilitators-us-hands-over-detained-iranians

Of course, some reading the above article would prefer to believe the 'bomb squad ayatollahs', rather than our own military.
    ....I gGuess they are beyond help ..

When all is said & done, this turmoil is about how the Muslims being unmercifully crowded by the Jews, into that tiny (green) area , and are striking back at their relentless oppressors, the Jews..who have hogged all the huge (red) land to themselves... :'(   :'(   :P

Surely, the whole world should jump up and demand the red speck of land be given to the Muslim hordes...  Especially seeing the marvelous things Islam has done in the lands they have taken over..as in Afghanistan, Sudan, Bangladesh, Kenya, Somalia, Pakistan & Uganda.. ;D   ;D   ;D

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 12:28:53 AM »
  In all it's long history before 12/07/41, the empire of Japan had never attacked a western power.

There's a slick one-liner designed to shut down rio grande's point, without offering anything of substance... it might be a little more persuasive if it were true, but it is not. Japan did attack Russia's eastern fleet at Port Arthur in 1904, and shortly thereafter sank the Russian Baltic fleet at Tsushima. We should have paid attention; they did the same thing at Pearl 37 years later.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yellowtail;
  You better get your history and geography correct before you criticize;  Japan did not attack a western power .  Just FYI, Russia until recently, covered 11 time zones..cut to 9 in 2010. The bulk of the time zones lie in Asia..which is not considered "western".
  By most standards, Japan attacking a Manchurian port would be considered a far eastern event.
  In fact, Port Arthur, though it sounds like a western name ..is very much a far eastern port !

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 01:49:45 AM »
some good posts there IG.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 03:47:10 AM »

Yellowtail;
  You better get your history and geography correct before you criticize;  Japan did not attack a western power .  Just FYI, Russia until recently, covered 11 time zones..cut to 9 in 2010. The bulk of the time zones lie in Asia..which is not considered "western".
  By most standards, Japan attacking a Manchurian port would be considered a far eastern event.
  In fact, Port Arthur, though it sounds like a western name ..is very much a far eastern port !

Yea, I was trying to figure out how Russia was "Western" by any standard.
Thanks
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline rio grande

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 04:58:34 AM »

Mighty good posts.  I'm overwhelmed.
Hard to reply to people who want to start more unconstitutional undeclared wars against poor nations who are no real threat to the U.S. or Israel, who lack a modern military and say they are not developing atomic weapons and do not intend to attack us anyway. 
How can I answer people who want to bomb (kill) thousands of innocent men, women, children and old folks and destroy their country on behalf of a foreign power which has enough illegal nuclear weapons to wipe out the whole mid-east (and Europe) several times over.
How can I argue with people who want to repeat the failures of Iraq and Afghanistan again, but on a much greater scale.  Thousands of more American deaths and trillions in borrowed Chinese money for absolutely no benefit to anyone but Israel and arms merchants.
And of course you're right. The U.S. military and government would never, ever tell a lie.
Real good posts. Y'all should be proud.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 05:16:25 AM »
it's barely worth it, but here we go:
   Yellowtail;
  You better get your history and geography correct before you criticize;  Japan did not attack a western power
Sure they did. They attacked Czarist Russia. Europeans & Americans certainly viewed Russia as a western (that is, white European) power at the time; all were stunned that an Asian nation of little yellow men could whip a European power, sinking two fleets and essentially having their way with them.
Just FYI, Russia until recently, covered 11 time zones..cut to 9 in 2010. The bulk of the time zones lie in Asia..which is not considered "western".
Ironglow, innuendo & insult aside... do you really think I'm unaware of Russian geography?

Do you consider Russia to be an Asian country?
By most standards, Japan attacking a Manchurian port would be considered a far eastern event.   In fact, Port Arthur, though it sounds like a western name ..is very much a far eastern port !
You're deep into nit-picking, I get that. That Japanese attack did take place in the far east, attacking Russians, in a port which was leased by the Russians - a European power -  for purpose of basing Russian fleet out of.

If you want to call Russia of 1904 an eastern power and not a western one, that's fine. It's not very accurate, but why let that impede?

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 05:50:28 AM »
  Is it a double standard to characterize Syrian actions in a different light that those of us or our 'allies'?  Of course it is.  Life is full of double standards and hypocracy. It's all about smearing the other guy and white washing yourself.  Foreign affairs, domestic politics, Yankees vs Red Sox; it's all the same.  If you want to smear your own country while apologizing for those who would burn it down, you are nuts.  Smear those who would destroy you, lionize those who's actions serve your interest if you have an ounce of brains.  Is that fair?  Of course not.  Does it benefit you and me?  Oh yes it does.  Just the fact that so many Americans have the luxury of feeling guilty about it proves how good we have it.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 06:49:31 AM »

Hard to reply to people who want to start more unconstitutional undeclared wars against poor nations who are no real threat to the U.S. or Israel, who lack a modern military and say they are not developing atomic weapons and do not intend to attack us anyway. 
How can I answer people who want to bomb (kill) thousands of innocent men, women, children and old folks and destroy their country on behalf of a foreign power which has enough illegal nuclear weapons to wipe out the whole mid-east (and Europe) several times over.
How can I argue with people who want to repeat the failures of Iraq and Afghanistan again, but on a much greater scale.  Thousands of more American deaths and trillions in borrowed Chinese money for absolutely no benefit to anyone but Israel and arms merchants.
And of course you're right. The U.S. military and government would never, ever tell a lie.
I don't want a war.  I've said many times, team the CIA with mossad and let them cut the head off of the snake.  it's cheaper and save lives.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline rio grande

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 09:51:02 AM »
  Is it a double standard to characterize Syrian actions in a different light that those of us or our 'allies'?  Of course it is.  Life is full of double standards and hypocracy. It's all about smearing the other guy and white washing yourself.  Foreign affairs, domestic politics, Yankees vs Red Sox; it's all the same.  If you want to smear your own country while apologizing for those who would burn it down, you are nuts.  Smear those who would destroy you, lionize those who's actions serve your interest if you have an ounce of brains.  Is that fair?  Of course not.  Does it benefit you and me?  Oh yes it does.  Just the fact that so many Americans have the luxury of feeling guilty about it proves how good we have it.

I don't see any Iranians or Syrians around here trying to destroy me.
I do see Israeli/AIPAC efforts to get my country involved in more senseless foreign wars, yes sir, trying very hard.  I hear neo-cons like McCain urging the bombing of Syria. I hear the top three Republican candidates saying they will go to war against Iran.
I don't have to smear those Israel-firsters working against my interests - their actions speak for themselves.
Anyone with "an ounce of brains" would know Israel is jerking us around like a dog on a chain.

Offline rio grande

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 09:55:41 AM »

I don't want a war.  I've said many times, team the CIA with mossad and let them cut the head off of the snake.  it's cheaper and save lives.

I do believe that it is an act of war to assassinate the leaders of another country and, barring a legal declaration of war, the crime of murder.
And, speaking of double standards, would you care to see our countries leaders (and scientists) killed by those who, rightly or wrongly, feel threatened by them? 

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »
I do believe that it is an act of war to assassinate the leaders of another country and, barring a legal declaration of war, the crime of murder.
And, speaking of double standards, would you care to see our countries leaders (and scientists) killed by those who, rightly or wrongly, feel threatened by them?

I think that would be called... terrorism, unless we're the ones doing it, then it's America's Heroes Fighting For Freedom.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 10:04:32 AM »
rio, I do believe that if you were  prez, we wouldn't have an allly left in the world.
when you become an isolationist you also lose trading partners, then we can ALL sit around with our lips poked out, wishing we had some friends.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 10:48:48 AM »

Yellowtail;

IG, you are in good company when you don't consider Russia to be a Western Power or in "The West". No one else does either. ;)
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 11:07:01 AM »

I think that would be called... terrorism, unless we're the ones doing it, then it's America's Heroes Fighting For Freedom.
  Bingo! 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 12:48:30 PM »
  From Rio grande;
  "  I hear the top three Republican candidates saying they will go to war against Iran.
I don't have to smear those Israel-firsters working against my interests - their actions speak for themselves.
Anyone with "an ounce of brains" would know Israel is jerking us around like a dog on a chain."
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Perhaps I have missed something, but I don't recall hearing the three Republican candidates  clearly enunciate that they intend to go to war with Iran, although they did say a nuclear armed Iran is unacceptable . I have heard the boy-king in speaking about the iran/nuclear dichotomy say, "all options are on the table".  I guess that makes statements by both sides, just about a draw.  The "Israel firsters" as you call them, are simply individuals speaking up for the only reasonably free and democratic nation in the entire region.  In that map above, only that small, red speck of land offers freedom..in contrast to the medieval slavery in the green areas..oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Rio grande also says;
 " do believe that it is an act of war to assassinate the leaders of another country and, barring a legal declaration of war, the crime of murder.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Some say it is an act of war to assassinate people of another nation, especially in large numbers.. As was done over Lockerbie, Scotland, the 1972 Munich olympic games, trains in Spain, buses in London, a night club in Bali and the World Trade Center in NY City..just to mention a few.  Do you really feel the premature death of a couple "bombsey twins" in Teheran is worse than those assassinations worldwide ?  Iranian supplied bombs have killed our own troops in Iraq & Afghanistan..enough so if our agencies did it..they are still short by about at least 2,000 Iranian ' mad scientists'..
  On the other hand, I have seen no proof as to who did the good deed..could have been us, could have been Israel, could have been Saudi Arabia or a half dozen other Arab nations , not wanting Iran to have "nuclear hegemony" over the middle east.
   Then too, TM is always talking about "false flag" operations; rather sketchy to figure out.
    Do you have some solid G-2 from a reputable source ?

Offline rio grande

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 02:30:47 AM »
Santorum, Romney, and Gingrich all threaten imminent war against Iran. 
"Santorum’s apocalyptic rhetoric about Iran practically takes for granted an imminent clash. Gingrich would essentially abdicate the decision to Israeli leaders, giving them the green light for an attack whenever they choose...
In a speech to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee – a pro-Israel lobbying group – Romney was much more specific in establishing his bottom line: “We must not allow Iran to have the bomb or the capacity to make a bomb.” It is difficult to imagine how this statement can lead anywhere but to war....
To say that Iran must never have “the capacity to make a bomb,” as Romney does, is to draw a line that has already been crossed."
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/03/09/2059387/three-republican-candidates-making.html

What exactly is "the capacity to make a bomb"?  The knowledge? The equipment? The technical capability?  If Pakistan can produce a nuclear bomb, then any semi-advanced nation on earth has "the capacity to make a bomb".

But here we come around again to 'double-standards'.

Israel, who has not signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (and Iran has signed it) and allows NO international inspection of it's nuclear weapons facilities (and Iran DOES allow inspections) possesses a estimated 300 nuclear bombs.  Iran possesses ZERO nuclear bombs and its leaders call the production and use of such weapons immoral.
Yet we threaten Iran with war (all options on table), U.S. congressmen advocate support of terrorism against Iran, and economic sanctions are being implemented, and all the while  Israel bars the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) , builds more nuclear weapons and ICBM's, and lobbies in the U.S. for war against Iran.   All the while receiving economic and military support from the U.S., and demanding more.

Ironglow, some may consider assassination and murder acceptable methods of dealing with other nations (as Israel does) but good people find those means cowardly and immoral.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 03:32:39 AM »
economic sanctions do not work if you can supply your needs from russia and china.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 03:35:00 AM »
Rio Grande;
  Why do you persist on ignoring the assassinations perpetrated by Muslim nations/people..yes Lockerbie, Bali, and some 18,000 odd events around the world ?  You even fail to have outrage at the 3,000 mostly fellow Americans assassinated by islamic forces.  you don't consider the navy sEAL murdered and thrown from a grounded airliner, nor an old, crippled man named klinghoffer, in his wheelchair, pushed off the deck of the Achille Lauro, pirated by Yassir Arafat's mob.
   I don't know what you're driving at..where your anger lies; whether it is more anti-American or anti-Jewish.  You have made oblique charges that Republican candidates have promised that Iran would get no nuclear bomb.. a worthy goal.  They are not alone though to his credit, Obama has promised the same...
       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bimLURnCRYw&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Your statement that Iran has signed the non-proliferation treaty is a bit disingenuous.  The Iran of the Shah signed the treaty..so if he did sign it, then the present oppressive regime in Iran is steadily breaking that treaty.

You really ought to check out this Rockwell fellow, you might like him !  http://anp14.com/rockwell/index.php

Offline rio grande

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »
Of course - Iran is responsible for every act of terrorism everywhere.  Iran is also the reason why we sent our troops 1/2 way around the world to destroy and occupy Iraq and Afghanistan. Well, I guess you have to put the blame somewhere, anywhere but where it belongs - in Washington, DC.

Now, those who carry the blame for the deaths of thousands of Americans and many more thousands of innocent non-combatants in Iraq and Afghanistan and the absolute wasting of trillions of (borrowed) U.S. dollars are telling us Iran is developing atomic weapons and out to get us.

But the facts tell a different story...

"....U.S. intelligence has repeatedly concluded with high confidence that Iran is not developing nuclear weapons and has demonstrated no intention to do so. Even the supposedly controversial IAEA report found that there was no evidence Iran had enriched uranium beyond the 20 percent threshold and in fact no evidence that Iran had diverted any nuclear material for a clandestine weapons program. So why the aggressive posture towards Iran? Why have we heaped the harshest set of economic sanctions in the world on Iran – which Columbia University Professor Gary Sick has called “an act of war”? Why do we have Iran militarily encircled with military bases and client states? Why have we supported Israeli proxy terrorism on Iranian soil? Why is it that not a week goes by without an explicit threat of preventive attack on Iran? It can’t be for the nuclear weapons program: it doesn’t exist..."
http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2012/03/12/the-real-threat-from-iran/