Author Topic: obamas epa wants to ban all lead based ammo.  (Read 1087 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
obamas epa wants to ban all lead based ammo.
« on: March 15, 2012, 04:07:17 AM »
      New Attack on Traditional Ammunition, Firearms Industry Urges Passage of “Sportsmen’s Heritage Act of 2012″ to Protect Rights of Hunters March 13, 2012 By nssfnews 2 Comments  Following the filing of yet another petition with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) seeking to ban the use of traditional ammunition (ammunition containing lead-core components) by America’s sportsmen and women, the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industry, is urging Congress to pass the “Sportsmen’s Heritage Act of 2012″ (H.R. 4089). This important legislation combines four legislative priorities including the Hunting, Fishing, and Recreational Shooting Protection Act (H.R. 1558), which amends the Toxic Substances Control Act to clarify the original intent of Congress to exclude traditional ammunition and fishing tackle from regulation by the EPA. The petition, filed by the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) and other like-minded groups, is the third attempt by the CBD to ban traditional ammunition since it first petitioned EPA in 2010. Though this petition claims to narrow the scope of the ban, it does not change the fact the EPA has no jurisdiction over this matter. Furthermore, by excluding military and law enforcement from the ban, the CBD is all but admitting its original petition from two years ago would have also banned military and law enforcement ammunition – a factor that led the Fraternal Order of Police to support HR 1558. The EPA rejected the CBD’s 2010 petition, prompting a CBD lawsuit that is still pending.
The new petition erroneously claims that the use of traditional ammunition by hunters is inconsistent with the Toxic Substance Control Act of 1976. The petition goes on to suggest that the use of traditional ammunition poses a danger to human health and wildlife, in particular raptor populations, such as bald eagles, that may feed on entrails of unrecovered game left in the field.
The myth of a human health risk has been thoroughly debunked by a 2008 study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that found the health of hunters consuming game harvested with traditional ammunition was not at risk.
“These relentless and unfounded attacks against traditional ammunition by agenda-driven groups such as the CBD are exactly why Congress must take immediate action and pass the Sportsmen’s Heritage Act of 2012,” said NSSF Senior Vice President and General Counsel Lawrence G. Keane. “Needlessly restricting or banning traditional ammunition absent sound science will hurt wildlife conservation efforts as fewer hunters take to the field. Let’s not forget, hunters and their ammunition have done more for wildlife than the CBD ever will.”
Keane is referencing the federal excise tax that manufacturers pay on the sale of the ammunition (11 percent), which is a primary source of wildlife conservation funding and the financial backbone of the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation. The bald eagle’s recovery, considered to be a truly great conservation success story, was made possible and funded by hunters using traditional ammunition – the very ammunition organizations like the CBD now demonize.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: obamas epa wants to ban all lead based ammo.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 04:57:27 AM »
Nothing new.  The EPA and tree huggers have tried this before and it didnt really get anywhere.  I cant see Syates like WY, MO, SD, ND and such goign for this.  They thrive on out of state hunters for income.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 05:22:46 AM »
No surprise
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:20:52 AM »
Good thing some of us have plenty of lead stored for our frontstuffers! 8)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 09:33:26 AM »
Did an inventory last week of what I have on the shelf for reloading.  163 boxes of bullets, only six are Barnes Solids with no lead.  All the rest are lead.  That's not counting all the Frontloader stuff, or boxes of shotgun slugs and bags of shot I have for reloading shotgun shells.

Don't think this will go far.  If it does we will again tell  the FEDs NO!  Just like we did with that oxygenated fuel, and Ethenol.  We don't use that crap here in Alaska.  Wish you guys could have heard the screaming and threats made by the EPA, when then Governor Wally Hickel told the EPA "NO, We are not going to use that stuff here in Alaska" to the oxygenated fuel.  Nothing ever came of it, we just refused to obay the EPA mandates.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
they might ban the sale,
or, they might ban the use.  that would make my hoard un-usable.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 09:43:26 AM »
Would not want to be the guy trying to enforce that edict here in Alaska.  Could be down right unhealthy.  One way hike in Grizzly Country.  You can not prove foul play, Grizzlies and Wolves ate the evidence.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »
See Obummer's not anti gun, he just wants to all be safe is all

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
Would not want to be the guy trying to enforce that edict here in Alaska.  Could be down right unhealthy.  One way hike in Grizzly Country.  You can not prove foul play, Grizzlies and Wolves ate the evidence.
Yeah Sourdough!
 Kinda like some of the old boys in the swamps of Louisiana!
Somebody would probably end up as alligator bait!!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 12:05:56 PM »
See Obummer's not anti gun, he just wants to all be safe is all

YEP, obummer is our friend. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »
Nothing new.  The EPA and tree huggers have tried this before and it didnt really get anywhere.  I cant see Syates like WY, MO, SD, ND and such goign for this.  They thrive on out of state hunters for income.
Kalifornia Did it where the Stupid Condor flys.
They used the possible lead poisoning of a condor to ban lead rounds for ALL hunting in the Condor area and are looking to just make it state wide.
We were told that the Condor could be eating the gut pile of kills that could have lead profectiles in them and that lead could poison the endangered Stupid bird. 

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 12:37:46 PM »
Not sure where I might have read this, or heard it. I don't think that ingesting lead, in the form of shotgun pellets, or in the case of a condor eating a deer that had been shot with a rifle/pistol, affects the body that much. Pretty sure in has to be in the form of dust or fumes. I believe that pellets and bullets would pass thru an animals system without affecting it to much. I mean an animal would have to be subjected to lead 24/7 before the body would show any effects. Range officers in indoor ranges's,(aka police depts.) are more affected by the dust in the air, and the chemicals from the primers I believe. But hey, Obama just wants us all to be safe, facts, we don't need no stinking facts.  :o gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 02:26:13 PM »
They used the possible lead poisoning of a condor to ban lead rounds for ALL hunting in the Condor area and are looking to just make it state wide.
We were told that the Condor could be eating the gut pile of kills that could have lead profectiles in them and that lead could poison the endangered Stupid bird.

Ya, Kalifornia in my mind is really one of those states that just does not really go with the majority of the states.  I forgot they did that.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 03:01:49 PM »

Ya, Kalifornia in my mind is really one of those states that just does not really go with the majority of the states.  I forgot they did that.
You know the saying So goes California, so goes the Nation.

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 03:24:20 PM »
True, for fashion trend setting.  LOL.  I am not too worried about this though.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 03:37:54 PM »
No surprise here.....Obama hates anything to do with firearms or the shooting sports.   He would even outlaw hog hunting with dogs and spears if he could......

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »
This also goes with Eric Holders Statement that the 2nd amendment may allow them to have guns but it does not say anything about ammo.

Offline powderman

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 03:57:38 PM »
Not sure where I might have read this, or heard it. I don't think that ingesting lead, in the form of shotgun pellets, or in the case of a condor eating a deer that had been shot with a rifle/pistol, affects the body that much. Pretty sure in has to be in the form of dust or fumes. I believe that pellets and bullets would pass thru an animals system without affecting it to much. I mean an animal would have to be subjected to lead 24/7 before the body would show any effects. Range officers in indoor ranges's,(aka police depts.) are more affected by the dust in the air, and the chemicals from the primers I believe. But hey, Obama just wants us all to be safe, facts, we don't need no stinking facts.  :o gypsyman

No doubt that is true, especially with a jktd bullet. Just more libby lies. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 04:09:14 PM »
Buckshot hemming reports:

C.D.C. Study Shows NO Health Risk

Associated With Traditional Ammunition

A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) study on human lead levels of hunters in North Dakota has confirmed what hunters throughout the world have known for hundreds of years, that consuming game harvested with traditional ammunition poses absolutely no health risk to people, including children, and that the call to ban lead ammunition was and remains a scare tactic being pushed by anti-hunting groups to forward their political agenda.

Today, additional information became available about the CDC study, originally released yesterday, that is important to disseminate to hunters, their families and the general public about the total and complete lack of any evidence of a human health risk from consuming game harvested using traditional ammunition. For instance, in the study the average lead level of the hunters tested was lower than that of the average American.

In the CDC's study, children's lead levels had a mean of just 0.88 micrograms per deciliter, which is less than half the national average for children and an infinitesimally small fraction of the level that the CDC considers to be of concern for children (10 micrograms per deciliter). Yet, despite the total and complete lack of any evidence from this study of the existence of a human health risk, the Department of Health nevertheless urges that children under 6 and pregnant women not eat venison harvested using traditional ammunition. The North Dakota Department of Health's recommendation is based on a "zero tolerance" approach to the issue of blood lead levels that is not supported by science or the CDC's guidelines.

To further put in perspective the claims concerning the safety of game harvested using traditional ammunition, consider this statement from the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) -- a state agency that has conducted an extensive panel of blood-lead testing for more than 15 years: "IDPH maintains that if lead in venison were a serious health risk, it would likely have surfaced within extensive blood-lead testing since 1992 with 500,000 youth under 6 and 25,000 adults having been screened." It has not.

There you go.....the CDC would know about health affects.   I doubt Ho-Obama has a clue.

ST762

We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto