Author Topic: Saw some pardners at the gun show today  (Read 644 times)

Offline NYRebel13

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
Saw some pardners at the gun show today
« on: March 17, 2012, 05:40:36 PM »
Went to a semi-local gun show today.  If I had more money I probably would have brought some more stuff home.  Guy had a 12 gauge tracker II used for $85.  Only thing I saw wrong with it was a little blueing rubbed off on the barrel.  Same guy had a 12 gauge smoothbore 28" barrel gun for $95.  Another table had a smoothbore slug barrel for $50.  I was thinking about it until I saw the lug for the forend screw was missing.  He did have a 28" mod choke barrel for $25 and you guessed it...it came home with me (needs reblueing but overall good shape).  Fits one of my frames pretty good, might have to file the latch a little.  Did they change the forend screws on them at one time?  It's an older H&R barrel and none of my current screws fit (looks to be fine thread).  Saw a couple 20 gauges but I already have 2 of those.  I think this is the first show in a while that I spent a little money at.
My biggest fear in life is dying and my wife selling my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Saw some pardners at the gun show today
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 01:30:13 AM »
If my memory serves me right I remember a post about two different types of screw threads.  BTW you could have bought me one of those twenties.   :) 

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 06:15:37 AM »
Current forearm screws are 1/4x20 and are Philips head. Earlier screws were 1/4x28 and used a regular straight bit screwdriver. There is some info in the FAQ's about them and what can be used in them...<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline NYRebel13

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 08:22:10 AM »
Current forearm screws are 1/4x20 and are Philips head. Earlier screws were 1/4x28 and used a regular straight bit screwdriver. There is some info in the FAQ's about them and what can be used in them...<><.... :)

Do you know about when it was that they changed the screw threads?  Just trying to get an idea of how old it might be.
My biggest fear in life is dying and my wife selling my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline johnnybravoo77

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 08:58:59 AM »
I went to a local gun show today as well, to bad everything was way over priced! Older pardners all priced around 140-150! Brand new at Wally world for under 120. Was hoping to find a cheap project, but nothing there.