Author Topic: Burris Fullfield II  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Sweet 6.5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Burris Fullfield II
« on: March 18, 2012, 07:59:28 AM »
Maybe to late to ask now but let me ask anyway!    ;D I bought a 3 - 9 x 40 FF II for my
CZ 6.5x55. I compared it to a VX 1 3 - 9 x 40 and the Burris  was just more clear
so I bought it.
Now the milion dollar question, who has one and  how does it perform? I will
Get my rifle within the next twee weeks and then I can shoot it, but wat I have
seen so far makes me happy!

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: Burris Fullfield II
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 08:36:48 AM »
I have a couple Burris Fullfield II scopes on several high use rifles, and they work, and have held up well.  No complaints about them.  For the money, I think they are a good buy, and definitely a step or two above the cheap "blister pack" scopes from Bushnell and Simmons.  In the pic below, the AR has a 2x7, along with a Fastfire II, and the M1a a 3x9.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »
Im with larry. Ive got two. there good scopes but not great scopes
blue lives matter

Offline chefjeff

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »
very well put,Mr. Smale

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »
I've got one on my 700 7mm mag and have had no issues yet.

Offline Sweet 6.5

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 10:45:59 PM »

;D  Thanks good is good enough for me (for now) - I can't expect a great scope if I am not willing to (can't) pay
a great scopes price!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:35:13 AM »
amen to that!

;D  Thanks good is good enough for me (for now) - I can't expect a great scope if I am not willing to (can't) pay
a great scopes price!
blue lives matter

Offline 2ndtimer

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »
I ran one on my .270WSM for 8 years and put enough rounds through it to pretty much shoot the barrel out.  The Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 has held up just fine and is now residing on my son's new Ruger Hawkeye All Weather in .338 Federal.  He really likes the scope and I predict it will hold up just fine on his new rifle.  My other Fullfield II still is on my Howa 1500 in 6.5x55 where it has also worked flawlessly for 5 or 6 years.  Good solid scopes and a very good deal right now.  I have seen them on line for just $169.95 including a GPS unit as a bonus.  Wonder how they compare to the Nitrex 3-9?

Offline 31 bertram

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »
I've had a FF II 3x9x40 for 8 or 10 yrs. and been quite impressed with it.  It sits on my beautiful MK V 257 wby.   It's been tougher than nails and put thru the wringer.  If it dies tomorrow, it won't owe me a thing.

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »
I have a 3x9 FII on a favorite 270, and was impressed with it.  I purchased a 2x7-35MM FII and installed in on my Marlin 30-30.  I like them and would buy another.
I have used them on a lot of snow days and there has been no fogging issues.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline Sweet 6.5

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 09:26:53 AM »
Good sounds like I made the right choice. I have
heard just good things about these.

Offline LanceR

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 01:18:04 AM »
I think you're going to be very happy with the Fullfield II.  Here in the US you can get the 3-9x40 for around $175 and up in price and I know of nothing in the price range with anything close to the optical clarity.  It may not show up in a list of specifications or statistics but the one inch tube Fullfield II lenses are only a wee bit smaller than most makers 30mm lenses. 

They really strut their stuff in low light conditions.

Their customer service has been great.  I smacked a Fullfield II 4-12x50 scope really hard when I dropped the rifle several feet and stripped the threads on the ocular bell.  When I called them and told them I had damaged the scope they wouldn't take any money for the repair.  On another occasion I bought a used scope that turned out to have some damage to the windage adjustment and when I pointed out that I wasn't the original buyer they said "We warrant scopes, not buyers.  The faster you get it to us the faster we'll fix it and get it back."

Good luck and please post back with your thoughts when you've used it for a while.

Lance

Offline Sweet 6.5

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 07:10:14 AM »
I have 2 range sessions behind me and I have to say I am really
impressed. Posistive changes on the turrets and very bright
clear picture.

I will hunt with this scope within the next week or 2 but I
am sure it will perform just perfect.

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 10:29:25 AM »
I have 2(maybe 3, I forget) and I really like them, very good at dusk when deer hunting and getting really dark.....

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 05:52:25 AM »
I had a dud, I lost 4 deer because of it. The POI would change with every shot. (Yes deer do laugh at you when you miss) Also there was a section of the click adjustments that had no clicks, it just turned about 1/4 " and then started clicking again. That year, all we saw were bucks, one right after the other. I was getting very frustrated.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 12:20:02 AM »
Ive got a couple fullfield IIs that have held up just fine but will say this. Ive had more problems with burris scopes in the past then about any other brand. Mostly loosing zero just like your problem. I was skeptical about buying another but camera land had them so cheap a while back that i couldnt pass them up. One of them has lived through about 200 rounds out of my 300wby without trouble. It still makes me nervous about taking one on a payed hunt though.
blue lives matter

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 02:29:39 AM »
  I have one and have switched it on many different caliber rifles and it has held zero fine, my biggest complaint is eye releif is to short and is really to short at 9X.  My Burris has put several  Weaver Bites on my forehead  from shooting in a lying on your belly position where your stock doesnt really touch your sholder much.   :-\
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 07:41:39 AM »
I have one that has made the rounds from .270 to .308 to the current .25-06 and still works very well as it did in the past. Would I buy another? yes. The one comment I would make is regarding the picture at 9X, loses a little definition/clarity around the edges. I've also read others comments about this on other sites.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife